**EXTREMELY! LUCKY** Perving Thread

Your chart looks interesting, Ursula. I hope you see a good result on the test tomorrow.

I'm glad all you pregnant ladies are doing well.

My ultrasound today was good. The technician was really nice. First time in three years I've actually met a health professional who was understanding and supportive about infertility. She explained everything on the screen. The young radiologist with her even asked me how I knew I ovulated and when without expressing judgment.

2+ years ago was my last scan and everything was fine then. This one says there are >12 peripheral follicles of a certain size which indicates polycystic ovaries but they are small rather than enlarged which doesn't indicate polycystic ovaries. My uterine lining is a healthy 8 mm and there is a 27 mm follicle in my right ovary which has irregular sides and a scraggly bits where the egg is released. It's likely a corpus hemorrhagicum which can be caused by the trauma of bursting the egg. The corpus luteum takes shape around day 4 (but can be even later than that!).

I hope the size of the follicle is simply due to the fluid in it -- because a follicle at that size isn't really optimal for ovulation. Having a delayed ovulation doesn't necessarily mean you will have a bigger follicle as your body experiences multiple waves of follicle growth, with the first wave resulting in atresia (or loss) of the follicles. Some women even experience three waves. It's only when there is a clear winner that everything rushes ahead into ovulation. Soy probably interfered with my waves this month.

The one interesting thing to note is that my right ovary is well up in there compared to the left ovary which was tucked right next to the uterus. Since I've not had my HSG yet, I can't say whether the tubes are okay, but I'm curious about the differences. I guessed I ovulated on the right side, but to be honest, I was convinced I somehow ovulated on the left, as I experienced some serious pulsing cramps there. But it's usual to experience cramps like that always on one side. I suppose what was different was that despite that big pulsing cramp, I've been experiencing smaller trailing pulling on my right side.

I'm a bit disheartened to see so many antral follicles, even if they were tiny, but I am also understanding a bit more of the endocrinology behind the development. There are many chemicals involved -- including insulin, LH, and high-density lipo-proteins. I'm seriously considering calling my GP and agreeing to go on Metformin after this cycle.

I'm looking forward to some sustained temps so I can put my tracking books away and just enjoy myself!

Glad you were happy with the US Moxie :) I think it always helps to have a good technician.

I love reading your posts, I wish I had your knowledge!

What does Metformin do?

Metformin sensitizes your body to insulin, which helps overall insulin levels in your body to drop and also improves the balance of blood sugar. It's one of the only types of diabetic medications to help with weight loss.

Still, nothing is as effective as a good diet and a recommended amount of exercise for weight loss. Now that I know I have (1) Insulin resistance and (2) the high insulin levels is affecting the maturation of my follicles, I am more comfortable with being prescribed Metformin.

The plus note is that with so many antral follicles, I should be a good responder to Clomid and/or IVF if necessary. The only two missing pieces in this fertility puzzle are: (1) Are my tubes okay? and (2) Are my eggs good?

I'm still suspicious that my hyperreactive immune system may be killing off the sperm or eggs, but that's pretty complicated and there's not really any good fix for that that I'm not already trying (lowering stress, healthier diet, etc.).

moxie - glad to hear your US went well. How do you know you are insulin resistant? Are there symptoms?

Not necessarily. Before I started at the Fertility clinic, I attended an endocrinology clinic having all sorts of tests. By a simple ratio of insulin to glucose while fasting, they identified I was insulin resistant. Most overweight and obese people are.

I, however, have noticed with growing concern the effects sugar has on my body so I wasn't surprised to see the result.

omg, seriously -- it's like my chart is conspiring to keep me from relaxing. Been having increasingly odd cramps, like proper prostaglandin based ones that get worse when I need to use the toilet (I assume because those organs naturally cramp so are amplified by the extra prostaglandins, but also possibly because the area gets 'full' and puts pressure on the uterus). I can't really complain, because (1) we BDed last night and semen has prostaglandins in it and (2) the blastocyst would be triggering prostaglandins to aid implantation.

My temp dipped today, and I don't know whether it's because my temp didn't dip as low as it often does yesterday or because it's suddenly much colder out or because my body is producing too much estrogen and/or my wee little blastocyst is trying to implant. I've been correcting my temps for the chart just for fun this month to see if it changes my interpretations, so yesterday's temp was 97.77 (6 am) not 97.59 (5 am). Today I woke precisely at 5 am, though, so it is definitely 97.46.

At worst, I didn't properly ovulate. And we're taking that into account by continuing to BD every other day. At best, it's implantation. And since my temps haven't stayed consistently raised, I need to continue to track. Bummer.

hmm - moxie, it kinda looks like you are following the same trend as your June cycle...i guess we will see what it looks like tomorrow. Oh I cant wait to see how tomorrow looks.

I thought so too, ttcbaby117 -- and the interesting thing is that I suspected a chemical pregnancy on that cycle, as it was quite an anomaly and very strong luteal symptoms. June 2009 was one strong ovulation, at the very least. I've not seen anything like that positive OPK since.

Do you think you're going to ovulate soon?

well I am thinking I might be today cuz of my temp but I am not having any other symptoms so I am thinking maybe tomorrow. Last month my temp dropped and then I had a slight increase on teh next day which is when I oved. After that it went straight up so I guess tomorrow should be the day. I am waiting for my dh to get home to dtd tonight. I will have to try and use those damn softcups again. It was a mess last night. I couldnt get it to stay in....ugh...I have a tilted uterus...do you have any advice moxie?

To be honest, I dread using them -- and that's coming from someone whose choice of contraceptive was the hormonal ring (Nuvaring)! Maaybe might be a better person to ask.

My partner and I lose a lot of semen after he pulls out, hence I continue to use the softcup even though I don't like it. It really has helped keep a lot of it in, which should make a massive difference for us as his semen analysis showed a low count.

This may be a bit graphic if talking about 'down there' makes you squeemish, but I'll try to be as clear as possible! I don't think I have a tilted uterus, btw.

I found it best to squeeze the softcup into an '8' shape with my right hand, pressing it just under the vaginal entrance, and slide in the vagina (pushing downwards so the cup is at an angle, almost like it's scooping the fluid/semen up) as DH pulls out. If I insert it as he's pulling out, the vagina is already stretched to accommodate him which makes it a lot more comfortable. Angling it slightly downwards and pushing it into the back wall also helps to avoid the cervix entrance which for me is either at the back or angled on the front wall. I push the last bit of the softcup in with my finger until it is just passed my pelvic bone. I'm guess that with a tilted uterus, you may need to do the opposite of me? AKA tilting it up, pressing against the front wall of the vagina?

Taking it out is a whole different stress. I really don't like taking it out as it always scrapes against my cervix and feels really uncomfortable. Pushing up on the closest edge and hooking my finger under it to pull it out seems to help a little. Feeling stressed and tense about removing it definitely doesn't. ;-)

well I am thinking I might be today cuz of my temp but I am not having any other symptoms so I am thinking maybe tomorrow. Last month my temp dropped and then I had a slight increase on teh next day which is when I oved. After that it went straight up so I guess tomorrow should be the day. I am waiting for my dh to get home to dtd tonight. I will have to try and use those damn softcups again. It was a mess last night. I couldnt get it to stay in....ugh...I have a tilted uterus...do you have any advice moxie?

Hiya hun I'm not sure if a tilted uterus would affect the softcups O:)
They stay in place by slipping behind the pubic bone. . . .

I put mine in the same way, by squeezing it into an eight shape.
I practised using mine before I actually needed it too.

How many times have you use them?
They do take a few tries to get used to!
The first time I used one I got it stuck for about an hour trying to get it out :dohh: :haha:

xx

hey ladies, thank you for the explanation, I only got to use it once, and I think I am Oving today...BUT...dh hurt his back yesterday. He has a pinched nerve in his lower back and is on muscle relaxers and pain meds so I think I might be out this month..which sucks b/c this is my last month before surgery. I am so depressed right now. I have done everything right this month and now I cant even get a damn deposit from him. I havent asked if he could do it, but I cant imagine he could on muscle relaxers....Grrrrrrrr, I am so annoyed! We managed to bd 2 days ago with the softcup but I didnt have it in right....I might be Oving today or tomorrow..I just dont know what to do.

hey ladies, thank you for the explanation, I only got to use it once, and I think I am Oving today...BUT...dh hurt his back yesterday. He has a pinched nerve in his lower back and is on muscle relaxers and pain meds so I think I might be out this month..which sucks b/c this is my last month before surgery. I am so depressed right now. I have done everything right this month and now I cant even get a damn deposit from him. I havent asked if he could do it, but I cant imagine he could on muscle relaxers....Grrrrrrrr, I am so annoyed! We managed to bd 2 days ago with the softcup but I didnt have it in right....I might be Oving today or tomorrow..I just dont know what to do.

Perhaps a very gentle BD with you on top ??? or a deposit from him without BD ??? just a thought :blush: (gross I know lol) but tell him once you have it tonight you wont bother him again this month :haha:

:hugs:

yeah he is willing to work with me, but do muscle relaxers relax every muscle? Cuz there is one in this process that I will need to stand at attention....hahaha if you catch my drift!!!!

No harm in trying. =) It's the blood flowing that fills it up, isn't it? Maybe (cough) try an aid, like a ring specially made to assist erections? Tesco (a popular dept store in the UK) even sells them now. :winkwink:

well here it is....

as you know DH hurt his back on Thursday and was on some serious pain meds and muscle relaxers...well we dtd on Wednesday but not again until saturday which was also Ov day. About an hour after dtd I started having horrible cramping...and I thought it was the softcup..I took the softcup out about 4 hours later but the cramps got worse...I took some advil and a bathe and went to sleep. So I am thinking that bding we did on saturday was probably to late...isnt it best to bd a day before Ov? Not doing it on Thursday and Friday has probably hindered our chances...what do you guys thinks?

BDing on or before Ovulation is fine. =) I would try to avoid taking ibuprofen (like advil) while TTC though as it can inhibit some very important processes in implantation. Paracetamol (acetaminophen, tylenol, etc) is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->