**EXTREMELY! LUCKY** Perving Thread

I feel more achy with the hot flushes, so I know they are interrelated. For example, it's usually the joints of my fingers that ache the most! And my shoulders and neck. But by far having achy fingers is just bizarre. Try saying that to your doctor to explain how you know you ovulated....

Moxie can I ask you a question
Seems as your our little scientist :amartass: O:)

(This is copied and pasted from a thread I made)

My doctor told me I was being sent for my bloods. . . . . .

On the forms it says -

- Full blood count (C)
- Menopause screen (LFE)
- Prolactin (PROL2)
- Urea and Electrolytes (U&E) for GPS
- Liver function tests (LFT)
- Thyroid function test (TFT2)

I thought that the CD21 and CD7 tests were more to test progesterone levels?
Or is this included in the full blood count?
Or the menopause one?

Lol yep I've been taking my temp in the day again - it's fun :D

wishingforbub that's great - fingers crossed for you x x x

xnmd1 I am all achey too... feel like I've done loads of exercise but I haven't! I felt like this last cycle too after OV...

x x x

I'm worried we'll wear our thermomitors out :haha:

I'm gona take my OHs temp when he gets in from work!
I hope his temp isn''t higher than mine :growlmad: lol

On the forms it says -

- Full blood count (C)
- Menopause screen (LFE)
- Prolactin (PROL2)

Or the menopause one?

I don't mind questions. =) I'm not a doctor or a nurse, though, so take my comments with a dose of common sense!

Have they already done day 2/7/21 tests? AKA tests for FSH, LH and progesterone? It sounds like the Menopause screen checks for FSH, LH and Estrogen. It's not always common to test Estrogen especially in a young woman, as it is hard to interpret without knowing the context of her cycle. Hence tests are often timed to the start of menstruation, when FSH should be a certain range, slightly higher than LH, and also 7 days past ovulation, when Progesterone is expected to peak.

For a menopausal women, however, who isn't ovulating, you'd expect to see a very high FSH indicating a low egg count, and for someone with PCOS, you might see an elevated LH compared to FSH in the follicular phase, and so on. You will find the results of these tests more useful if you schedule your blood work to be taken on the 2-5th day of your cycle.

If your prolactin is high, you may not ovulate properly and they need to exclude that to diagnose you with any other sort of fertility problems. Similarly, Thyroid problems can disrupt ovulation.

The rest are just typical work-ups for any person (not fertility related) and should come out normal.

On the forms it says -

- Full blood count (C)
- Menopause screen (LFE)
- Prolactin (PROL2)

Or the menopause one?

I don't mind questions. =) I'm not a doctor or a nurse, though, so take my comments with a dose of common sense!

Have they already done day 2/7/21 tests? AKA tests for FSH, LH and progesterone? It sounds like the Menopause screen checks for FSH, LH and Estrogen. It's not always common to test Estrogen especially in a young woman, as it is hard to interpret without knowing the context of her cycle. Hence tests are often timed to the start of menstruation, when FSH should be a certain range, slightly higher than LH, and also 7 days past ovulation, when Progesterone is expected to peak.

For a menopausal women, however, who isn't ovulating, you'd expect to see a very high FSH indicating a low egg count, and for someone with PCOS, you might see an elevated LH compared to FSH in the follicular phase, and so on. You will find the results of these tests more useful if you schedule your blood work to be taken on the 2-5th day of your cycle.

If your prolactin is high, you may not ovulate properly and they need to exclude that to diagnose you with any other sort of fertility problems. Similarly, Thyroid problems can disrupt ovulation.

The rest are just typical work-ups for any person (not fertility related) and should come out normal.

Nope this was my first test.

Although the doctor, who was very nice bless her, didn't really seem to know what she was doing. . .
Some of the stuff I was saying she was just starting back at me with a blank expression lol

And she got the wrong procedure for my OHs sperm analysis :dohh:

But yeah I asked if I these were bloods to test 2/7/21 tests and said that I was on CD18 and she was like well you've timed it really well then.

Then I said so it's ok to do the 21 first rather than start on the earlier cycle days and she was like yeah I'd prefere it if you did it that way round :wacko:

Well she's not wrong! Progesterone is a way bigger indicator of ovulation than FSH/LH levels which are, in turn, way better than Estrogen.

I love getting bloodwork done and can't wait for my hospital appt later this month so I can get a whole work up again. I've timed my appointment so it will be perfect for a FSH/LH test (2 days into AF). Any evidence I can get to prove I don't have PCOS!!

Of course, fingers crossed I'll be asking for bloodwork to confirm a pregnancy, but just in case... I'm covered both ways! :thumbup:

Well she's not wrong! Progesterone is a way bigger indicator of ovulation than FSH/LH levels which are, in turn, way better than Estrogen.

I love getting bloodwork done and can't wait for my hospital appt later this month so I can get a whole work up again. I've timed my appointment so it will be perfect for a FSH/LH test (2 days into AF). Any evidence I can get to prove I don't have PCOS!!

Of course, fingers crossed I'll be asking for bloodwork to confirm a pregnancy, but just in case... I'm covered both ways! :thumbup:

But she's not testing me for progesterone, is she?

I know what you mean, I'm like that.
I always want to know everythin is normal!

lol Hopefully it is a confirmation of pregnany!

xx

I would call the office and verify that she didn't accidentally leave the progesterone ('day 21') test off the form. From your description of the conversation you had with her, it sounds like she intended to have it done. Better to ask!

Yeah I was meant to call Monday before I had them done but then I don't have any credit on my phone :dohh: lol

I was gona call Friday for the results so maybe I should ask then?

xx

oh no I hope the aches arnt af comming after me! its the worst in my fingers and wrists and in my neck too. I've really not had much other af or preggo signs so I guess im left wondering for a couple days :(

oh no I hope the aches arnt af comming after me! its the worst in my fingers and wrists and in my neck too. I've really not had much other af or preggo signs so I guess im left wondering for a couple days :(

Your temps look very promising! It is very hard to tell the difference between a successful cycle and an unsuccessful cycle at this stage.

Vertical axis is Progesterone:

https://www.endotext.org/female/female13/figures13/figure4.gif

In rare instances it may be possible to tell when your corpus luteum has been 'rescued' by the fertilized egg (occurs after implantation) due to a dip in symptoms, but I would think this was near impossible for most women.

EDIT: just realized some people might not know the function of a corpus luteum. In this case, I'm referring to progesterone production. If your progesterone drops, you have menstruation and/or miscarry. If you don't implant in time to produce enough HCG to trigger more progesterone from the corpus luteum (until placental tissue can take over), you will menstruate and/or miscarry. Tubal problems can cause this, as the fertilized egg is delayed, but I suppose failed implantation is better than an ectopic pregnancy!

Haha you know this is going to be a daily occurence now don't you :D

X x x

36.90! does this look good then for having O'd on monday?

I think we're in the same boat, Baronessgogo, with similar cycles this month! Judging by your previous cycle, looks like your temps can get a bit higher?

Looks like Monday to me baroness :D

X x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"