'Fab'ulous testers and supporters; 58 bfps

So application has been recieved and is being reviewed. I love this new online format. we get updates on where we are at. I am just waiting for the link to go up where we can upload our criminal record check forms etc. I am hoping on monday the doc will just sign the paper right then and not have us come in for a separate appt. Once all that is in we wait to be invited to the education part.

I wanted to update that I had my baby boy on August 24th. I'm as shocked as anyone and it has been a hectic weekend so I apologize for not posting sooner. Anyways I went to the hospital at 9 am after having contractions every 3-4 minutes and period pains. He was born at 10:47 am. Thankfully despite the polyhydramnios I had a super fast labor and delivery, but man when they popped my waters (which surprisingly hadn't broken yet) it was like the flood gates opened! It turns out I had placental abruption from the polyhydramnios which is why I went into spontaneous labor so early. He was having trouble latching and was spitting up half of his feeds but thankfully now he is doing better about not spitting everything up. Still having some latching issues that we're working on. Anyways I was 35w3d and he weighed 7lbs 10.5oz so the ultrasound I had the week before must have been close. Still can't believe he is here but I'm in love <3

Awww so excited for you lilmiss! He's a big boy for being a preemie! And man, you had him fast after getting to the hospital. I'm so glad to hear he's doing so well despite being born early, and I hope he gets the hang of latching very soon. Having never had a baby before I didn't really know how much amniotic fluid to expect, but everyone was saying I had a ton! It would have been a real mess had my water broken at home or in the car, for sure. Give that cute little guy a snuggle for me and huge congrats! I'm sure you're just smitten with him. <3

In other news: baby fever is really setting in!:blush: I'm soaking in every moment with Sylvie while she grows and learns new things, but I'm about ready to start trying for another squishy little baby! It seems like everyone I know is having babies again.

In other, more serious news: I really hope pink and her family are safe and sound! Check in when you can, pink!

Lenora that is a great idea!! :haha: More babies!!! while we have made this big decision I still have a bit of the fever. I follow some women on IG who have fertility struggles and seeing them go through IVF and get their BFP is heartwarming but also gives me that longing to see those pink lines again.

I think because of this I'm going to talk to the doc about just a temporary option to keep the hyperplasia at bay (if it's needed). I don't think I can go through a hysterectomy. It's too permanent. I'm 39 but still not that old. While we have stopped for now and are going to adopt the possibility to do IVF in a couple of years could still be there. I don't have the depleted egg reserve like many my age as I haven't ovulated as often.

I'm so flip floppy over this. But I have to tell the adoption people we are done otherwise they won't let us adopt. I wonder if those who adopt who don't have fertility issues are forced to be on birth control?

I do hope Pink is safe and sound as well!!

How are all the other ladies doing? You all are too quiet!! :haha: Give me updates!! Give me squishy baby pictures!!

Hi ladies, just checking in. We are safe and it's finally slowing down. Lots and lots of flooding and trees down and everything. We've basically been in our own island of our house. Crazy stuff but the rain is dying down and now we just worry about the lake continuing to rise with the dams overflowing into it!!

Lilmiss omg congrats!!! Wow he was big for so early!! Fabulous!!! Glad all is well!! And btw August 24th was my bday and I wad born at 11:05 am :) sweet!!

Glad you're safe and sound. That must be absolutely nuts! It must be interesting not being able to go anywhere for such a long time. You all must be going a bit stir-crazy!

Also very cool that you two share a birthday, and so close in the time of day even! Happy 30 weeks pink!! Getting so close...

I put in my two weeks' notice at work yesterday! I'm going to be staying home with Sylvie and I couldn't be more ecstatic! I'll either be working my last day on the 18th or staying through the end of the month at my boss's request (because she's awesome and I want to help her), but I haven't decided yet. I'm not sure how much help I would be considering the changes in my responsibilities recently, so I'm still considering. But either way, by October 1st at the very latest I won't be going back to work. :cloud9: I know how very blessed I am to have this opportunity, and it's a real dream come true for me.

How awesome Lenora!! I wouldn't want it any other way with my girls, but I too know how fortunate I am to be able to do it as not everyone can!!!
Hope all is well with everyone!!!

That's amazing news lenora :dance: I'm really happy for you

I too hope all is well with everyone

Pink: Glad you are all safe.

Lenora: That's exciting you get to stay home.

AFM: We got the doctor form back so I will be uploading that tomorrow (I hate not having a scanner at home). The reference forms have been received by 2 people so far. I am waiting to hear from 2 other people. My mom is sending out her form tomorrow. unfortunately they all have to be sent out by snail mail.

We have moved into the smaller bedroom and now just have to clean out the big one to prepare for the furniture i bid on in a FB group. We will be getting a bunk bed, a dresser, and a desk.

We have an appt on the 20th with a therapist to talk and go over stuff. I am hoping hubby will open up. I think he agrees with some things because he wants to make sure I am happy but I have to keep telling him that he is going to be a parent as well and he has choices, feelings, desires etc that need to be heard and met. We may not always agree but we will need to talk stuff out.

I am hoping all goes through quickly so we can get into the October education part. I would love to get into the one that starts September 21 as some spots have opened up but I don't know if everything will be in on time. This will be 15 weeks of education with a new topic introduced each week. So in all likelihood our home study won't begin until Feb/March 2018.

Thanks ladies! As of the 19th I will finally be a stay at home mom. I'm going to take the remainder of that week and the whole following week with Sylvie at the sitter's still so I can get some things done at home. Plus that will give the sitter and her family two more weeks with Sylvie. They all love her so much, I will be sad for them when she isn't around often. I want to see about sending her there occasionally if the sitter still has room for another baby, partially to give me a day off (like when DH has a day off and we want to go on a day date or something) and so that Sylvie can still see them on and off.

Aayla, I'm keeping my fx things move quickly for you!

I hope all of you ladies are doing well.

August - How is little Ellie doing?

Disney - How is big Ellie doing? :haha:

Lilmiss - How are you and the new little one doing? I hope you're getting all the snuggles you can!

Pink - How are you feeling? You're getting so close to the end already!

Busy - I hope things are going well with the kids back in school and everything. I'm sure you're living up to your user name!

FLA - I hope you enjoyed your well-deserved cruise and you're all on the mend now and getting some rest.

I'm doing good. Exhausted and thinking of all the stuff I need to do before baby! It's never ending! But I had my first appointment with my midwife yesterday and it went really well!! Looking forward to having my baby at the birth center!

So glad everything went well! It's been quite a rollercoaster for you this pregnancy. I really hope you get your vba2c!

We scored a nice new Munchkin baby gate for $30 yesterday! Someone was selling it on FB marketplace and it's currently on Amazon for over $100. :happydance:

What a steal Lenora!!!! I love good deals like that and we buy most of our stuff like that second hand! Especially when I see something brand new and super cheap!

I hope i get my vbac also! Especially now that we've forked over sooooooo much money for the midwife! But I feel comfortable and confident and at peace with it all!!

Sorry i havent been on here- its been a crap week.....

AF came, then our rabbit died, then the next day our 11yr old got hit by a car!

Not TTC this cycle. :thumbup:

:shock: your 11 year old got hit by a car?! Is everything ok? The other stuff is bad enough, I'm so so sorry!! :hugs:

Oh Onerth I am so sorry about your 11 year old. I hope the injuries were minor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->