'Fab'ulous testers and supporters; 58 bfps

hope all you ladies are well. sounds like overall all is good in the hood

as for the disposable diaper talk; C grew up on pampers so that is his preference. I prefer huggies. Sweets is SO small waisted (still wearing size 6month shorts!) so we NEED that stretchy part in the pack of the diapers that huggies had. If not, it's hard to get the waist part tight enough.
He's in size 5 diapers just for the leg length and to be able to hold the amount of urine he passes (especially at night) but realistically he could probably be in size 3 in the waist.

Hi ladies I need some advice. So I have PCOS and my doctor told me it would be a miracle if I ever conceived naturally. So anyways me and my boyfriend aren't actually activity trying right now but not really preventing and well the last three days I've been spotting brown, no cramps and no period. Typically my cycles are around 40ish days or so and I that means I would be due for my period about now. I'm all sorts of confused! I did a CB and a FRER, CB is positive but very faint and FRER is negative... so confused....

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test686611

What do you ladies think?

Welcome pinkcupcakes! I can see something faint on both tests... fx!

AFM I had my ultrasound today to determine why I'm measuring so big. The good news is that baby is healthy, everything looks good, although he is measuring on the larger side at 4lbs 3oz (96th percentile) but given that all my kids were large for dates, that wasn't surprising. However I have been diagnosed with polyhydramnios (high fluid) and will need to have regular ultrasounds the rest of my pregnancy. If they feel that the fluid is getting to be too much or if I start getting too uncomfortable, they will take the baby immediately. However, if all seems ok, I will be allowed to go up to 39 weeks. After that, if I do not go into labor on my own, they will induce me. Being diagnosed with polyhydramnios has unfortunately put me on the "high risk" category because, if my waters break, I will need to deliver the baby immediately whether I'm having contractions or not. She told me to take it easy the rest of my pregnancy, which is difficult to do when you have three other kids.

Hi pinkcupcakes I also see faint lines on both of your tests. Good luck, hoping it's the start of your bfp.

lilmiss :hugs: continued positive thoughts for you my friend

Lilmiss, I feel your pain! I had the same diagnosis, though I think it was later on. At 36 weeks, I believe. I think that week I had too much fluid (with the other midwife in the practice), then the next week when I saw my midwife the next week I was fine. I saw the other midwife on my due date and had another ultrasound and I have no idea what the number was on my due date, but she wanted to schedule me for an induction two hours later! She had just given me a sweep, so I talked her into waiting a couple of days to see if labor would start on its own before they induced me. Those fluid levels can obviously vary, so I really hope that diagnosis changes for you. My midwife told me the fluid levels can be higher if baby just peed. :haha:

Sorry I haven't replied to everyone else. I wrote up a whole reply and it timed out or something? Anyway, it disappeared and I got mad at it. Happy 30 weeks to lilmiss and glad to hear things are going well, busy.

Sylvie is growing like mad! She gained 8 oz in 6 days! We're supposed to be seeing an ENT doctor to check for any ties that might be affecting her latch, but I have yet to hear from them to schedule and it's been over a week, so I'll have to call the pediatrician today to see what's going on. And yesterday I managed to get a massive clog in my right boob thanks to two clogged pores. I have yet to clear one of them up despite a lot of pumping and nursing yesterday, so I have that to deal with today, too...

Welp, mastitis it is! :sad2: I started having nausea, aches all over, and feverish symptoms. I have an appointment this afternoon to get an antibiotic. :( I was hoping I could avoid this! I've gotten two stringy bits out of the clogged pore and it's not done yet. I'll be spending some time in the shower when I get home... Warm compression on the nipple seems to be doing the trick as both times I got some of the blockage out was after I'd used that. When I pump it feels like my boob is trying to give birth to razor blades, though!

Thanks, I hope so, too. It's basically like having the flu but you also have to pump (or nurse) through terrible pain and feel like your boob - which seems at least a cup size larger than it used to be - is being punched repeatedly.

I had mastitis 3 times after E. It was HORRID, felt like death!! Couldn't function while caring for both my girls. I feel for you girl!!

So sorry to hear about the mastitis, Lenora! Hopefully the meds kick in for you soon, hun :hugs:

My next ultrasound is at 34 weeks by which they will see if the fluid is still high and if I'll need continued monitoring or if it was like you said the baby had just peed lol. Apparently my midwife said that she likes fluid levels to be below 22 and mine were 29 :shock:

I kept thinking about your 3 rounds of mastitis, pink! I don't know how you coped or even stuck with it! I've been prone to clogged pores, but they've all cleared up fairly easily until this one. As soon as we got home yesterday Sylvie latched on and after some initial intense pain she got the clog out straight away! I can still feel some lumps I need to work on today, but for the most part I'm back to normal other than being a bit sore. And my right boob is still a bit larger than the left! :haha:

Lilmiss - I hate that doctors can't agree where the upper level of normal is! For some it's 28 and others it's as low as 22! I think my doctor went with 26. I hope your numbers are better the next time around. Really, unless your numbers are really high and your baby is small the chances of anything bad happening are so remote. My AFI wasn't extremely high and Sylvie was 8 lbs 11 oz at birth and was head down most of 3rd trimester and very low in the pelvis for weeks at the end, so the chances of her umbilical cord falling out with waters was not highly likely. Of course, they can't take that chance, which is why it's such an emergency and they don't want your waters breaking anywhere but the hospital if they can help it. As far as I know there's nothing you can do to try to decrease the amount of fluid, so we just hope for the best!

That makes me feel better, Lenora. It makes sense. This baby isn't small by any means, he was measuring 4lbs 3oz at 30 weeks and his head has been down in my pelvis at every checkup with his feet in my ribs. I just don't see how anything can get in front of him, unless he was born super early. According to the ultrasound, he is on the right side of my belly and the fluid is on the left side.

Unless he decides to really move around in the remaining weeks, chances are even if your water breaks at home everything will be fine. Sylvie did some turning front to back in the last couple of weeks, but no flipping over so her head was up (thank goodness!). She ended up with her cord around her neck, but that was easily undone after her head was out.

Hope everyone is doing alright!
Seems like this thread goes through bouts of quietness more and more frequently

It does get very quiet! I hope our ladies waiting for O or AF are doing well and those waiting for their little ones to arrive are enjoying pregnancy and feeling well.

I've just returned from vacation, so I'll try to update a bit later.

Hello all! Hope you summer is going well (or winter for any australians that might be in the group).

I haven't had much to report or talk about until now. I am down 10 lbs in the last month and after an 82 day cycle (last af was May 14-May 21) I have spotting on my own. Af is due any time now based on the spotting and cramps. I'm so freaking excited. I'm hoping the vegan diet is the direct cause of this turn. It would be so nice if my body is regulating itself.

So as soon as she gets underway I am doing another round of soy isoflavones and we'll see where this cycle takes us.

FX for AF very soon Aayla.

Guys... Sylvie will be 6 months old tomorrow!! :cry: How can this be??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->