'Fab'ulous testers and supporters; 58 bfps

OMG how scary!! I hope recovery is going well and it wasn't too serious. Big hugs!

Congrats lil miss!

Sorry I've been so quiet. My life has been insane!

Ellie is doing great! She's almost crawling but prefers to attempt walking. She has both bottom teeth. They came at the same time. That made for an interesting 2 weeks. Lol. We are also NTNP now! My sister who also has PCOS and has been trying for 8 years with no luck has FINALLY got her bfp! I'm so so so happy for her! She is 6 weeks.

I hopw everyone is doing well! All our Floridians on here, I hope Irma didn't get to you!

Holy moly, August! Two teeth at once and trying to skip crawling! Sylvie is also nearly crawling, but her teeth are taking their sweet time. I can still feel bumps where I imagine they will come in, but still no white lines, so they apparently aren't that near the surface yet. She hasn't been biting me at all recently, so I'm guessing they've taken another break. :coffee: HUGE congrats to your sister! They must be over the moon. Here's hoping you have another little one on the way soon, too! ;)

I started sleep training Sylvie this past weekend with some version of a no tears method. Sunday night was really rough, but so many people say the third night is bad. I tried to give her more time to go back to sleep on her own when she woke up last night and she did so much better! I couldn't get her to calm down for anything except giving her a boob, but the first time she woke up last night I finally found if I tucked her head under my chin and bounced up and down she would calm down and I could set her in her crib awake. She fell asleep on her own twice that way! No fussing when I left the room, and I didn't even tiptoe and try to close the door without making any noise. She's been nursing more at night since we started sleep training, which gave my supply a great boost yesterday! I took home 12.5 oz, by far the most yet.

Hey all!! Long update coming:

I emailed the ministry and asked why hubby's ministry check was taking longer than mine did. It was awesome that our worker wrote back right away. i'm not sure if she is our permanent worker or just the one doing our screening but she told me that due to his having a different history than mine it can take longer. She couldn't elaborate because of privacy but I know all about his past and I figured that is what it was. It's nothing that would keep us from adopting but his mom was/is a drug addict and his dad was an alcoholic. He was in foster care when he was 17 and he was in and out of his mom's care throughout his childhood. His mom was not a good mom even outside of the drug use.

So because of his history they have to do a deeper check and make sure it is all in order. Personally I think his experience is more of a help. He knows what it is like.

I do expect it will be soon that it will be completed. We also had an appt today (Wednesday) with our worker for a phone conversation. I want to know what the next steps will be, especially with the new system. I also want to know if she is our permanent worker or not. I was surprised I could get in to talk to her so quickly.

Conversation with the worker went awesome. She is the worker that screens us apparently, and answers questions etc in this beginning process. She also asked us about the children we would be willing to bring into our family, what special needs we were comfortable with, age range, race etc.

We should be receiving an email soon to do the education portion. She said we will receive it before she is fully done the initial screening. This means we will be moving on to the next step, which is further than we got before!! :dance:

Once the screening is complete she sends our file to the district office. This is where we will be assigned an adoption worker. Once we complete the schooling (hopefully at the end of January if we get into the October start) we will move on to the home study. This may happen right away or there could be a bit of a wait depending on the case load.

I am so freaking excited and happy that I know we are moving on to the next step. I'm still anxious but I know we are moving forward.

So now I can relax. On Friday the family is doing a road trip (9 hour drive) to see my grandma for an early Thanksgiving. In Canada Thanksgiving happens the second weekend in October normally but my dad and brother have to work that weekend so we are doing it a week early. We have rented a house so the whole lot of us (minus one sister unfortunately) will be staying together. We haven't all stayed together in over 10 years lol. This should be fun.

We are planning board games, soaking in hot springs, the house as an entertainment room and I am hoping to kick some butt at Foosball.

I have also started my math class Pre-Calculus. It was good to be using my brain that way again. I love math.

So a very big update:

So my period was heavy for 7 days, birth control wasn't doing anything. I had made an appt with my doc but couldn't get in until tomorrow. Saturday (day 7) and at about 5:30pm I'm getting ready to drive hubby to work and my breathing started becoming difficult. I was extremely pale, even my lips. walking to the bathroom and back to my desk felt like I had done 30 min workout session with weights. Every piece of me was exhausted. So after driving hubby to work I go to the hospital.

due to breathing issues I get in right away and because of the long intense period I get blood work done right away. My bp and pulse our out of wack (pulse was racing). I get a bed in the ER and wait for my results. They come back and my hemoglobin is down to 60 (perfect is 130 or higher). So I'm in for the night and need a blood transfusion. I was also put on tranexamic acid to stop the bleeding. Which it slowed it down a little but not a lot.

I get 2 units of blood and between the last unit being finished (about 2am) and 8am this morning my hemoglobin stayed steady, which meant that the meds were working to slow things down a bit. But my hemoglobin was only at 75 so I get a more permanent room and it's suspected that I am in for another day.

Gyno at the hospital came to see me (he saw me the night before as well but what he said was all ifs and conjecture based on how I responded to the transfusion) with a permanent plan. He liked the fact my blood was steady in the 70's throughout the night and that even though it was still a bit low, if I felt up to it I could go home. I was being sent with a prescription for a pill form of the tranexamic acid and provera to stop the bleeding.
The long term plan is that he is going to do another biopsy to make sure that my hyperplasia is still gone and then I am going to be getting the mirena put it (which is what I have wanted for months but my regular gp is a idiot sometimes). I am NOT to go on any birth control ever again because the estrogen is what made this all worse.

I asked about a hysterectomy but he said that that would be a dangerous operation for me and the mirena will do the job we need done. I didn't want one but my life is more important than my uterus. but deep down I am not ready to permanently give up on the dream of bio children.

So now I am home, loading up on meds and eating iron rich foods. Veganism is out the window at this time because the highest forms that the body absorbs the easiest is animal products. I'm still quite tired and walking isn't always easy. It can take awhile for my blood to get back to a decent amount.

tomorrow I am going to my doc appt to get a blood test requisition for a hemoglobin check for a week from now just to be sure my levels are rising. And also to let him know what happened over the weekend.

Hey ladies! It has been forever since I was last here. I have been so busy and so much is happening. Time is flying by, and I am not too sure where it is going.

There is really too much to update on and so much in here to catch up on! So I am going to just say, I hope everyone is well. I have thought about you all a lot recently!

Biggest updates: My eldest, Athiliya, is in Physical Therapy because she is a toe-walker and they are trying to stop that. My youngest, Moira, will be 2 years old next month! :O Unbelievable!

In other news, this happened. I know it is faint, but it is there. This was my 3rd positive, and I made my appointment already with my doctor, and I have a digital test for yet another confirmation that I will use in a few days.

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h437/HotaruFhang/poas/20171116_1929461_zpslhqp3fwz.jpg
https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h437/HotaruFhang/poas/20171116_1929461a_zpsau5wg5xu.jpg

I am keeping this an absolute secret from family and friends until I am ready. I can just imagine the condescending and unsupportive crap that will fly out of their mouths. So I will announce, formally, when I am ready... whenever that will be. (So anyone that has me on FB, it is totally hush hush!)

Anyway! I best be off! I do hope you ladies are well, and your little ones are just as well!

Congrats Beth!

I haven’t been on much lately, I know. So quick update:
Sylvie is crawling all over the place and getting fast every day. She just discovered a couple of nights ago that she can play wth the cats! She picked up a long curly plastic shaving from a crate we bought last weekend and saw one of the cats was interested in it, so she held it out to her. She though it was the funniest thing ever! There’s nothing better than baby laughs! Yesterday she started chasing the cats and was pretty sure they were chasing her (they were just trying to avoid her :haha:). She was crawling as fast as she could and cracking up the whole time. Who needs tv when you have this entertainment. :haha: She’s furniture surfing and teething and going through a growth spurt all at once! So obviously sleep is not so good again. She’s such a happy baby, though, so that makes up for it.

A few weeks ago we got a puppy. An adorable German shepherd that we named Jethro. Well, he ended up having parvovirus, which he was exposed to the day before we took him home. So he went back to the breeder to get medication and recover and I got to bleach everything we own! That was quite the ordeal. Thankfully Jethro recovered and DH is picking him up from the breeder finally tonight!

I hope everyone is doing well! I think of you all often.

Aayla, I hope things are going well with everything you have going on.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the states! There’s a good chance I won’t have the time to check in before then.

Sylvie sounds like a doll Lenora <3 Great update on her.

Very sorry about your puppy. That has happened to us before. We had to be careful with visiting animals afterward, I didn't realize how long the virus lived
Also, you are brave to get a puppy along with a mobile LO. :haha:

Hey ladies! It has been forever since I was last here. I have been so busy and so much is happening. Time is flying by, and I am not too sure where it is going.

There is really too much to update on and so much in here to catch up on! So I am going to just say, I hope everyone is well. I have thought about you all a lot recently!

Biggest updates: My eldest, Athiliya, is in Physical Therapy because she is a toe-walker and they are trying to stop that. My youngest, Moira, will be 2 years old next month! :O Unbelievable!

In other news, this happened. I know it is faint, but it is there. This was my 3rd positive, and I made my appointment already with my doctor, and I have a digital test for yet another confirmation that I will use in a few days.

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h437/HotaruFhang/poas/20171116_1929461_zpslhqp3fwz.jpg
https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h437/HotaruFhang/poas/20171116_1929461a_zpsau5wg5xu.jpg

I am keeping this an absolute secret from family and friends until I am ready. I can just imagine the condescending and unsupportive crap that will fly out of their mouths. So I will announce, formally, when I am ready... whenever that will be. (So anyone that has me on FB, it is totally hush hush!)

Anyway! I best be off! I do hope you ladies are well, and your little ones are just as well!

Yay congrats Beth!!

Congrats Beth!

I haven’t been on much lately, I know. So quick update:
Sylvie is crawling all over the place and getting fast every day. She just discovered a couple of nights ago that she can play wth the cats! She picked up a long curly plastic shaving from a crate we bought last weekend and saw one of the cats was interested in it, so she held it out to her. She though it was the funniest thing ever! There’s nothing better than baby laughs! Yesterday she started chasing the cats and was pretty sure they were chasing her (they were just trying to avoid her :haha:). She was crawling as fast as she could and cracking up the whole time. Who needs tv when you have this entertainment. :haha: She’s furniture surfing and teething and going through a growth spurt all at once! So obviously sleep is not so good again. She’s such a happy baby, though, so that makes up for it.
:) how cute. It's awesome to watch them discover the world isn't it?

A few weeks ago we got a puppy. An adorable German shepherd that we named Jethro. Well, he ended up having parvovirus, which he was exposed to the day before we took him home. So he went back to the breeder to get medication and recover and I got to bleach everything we own! That was quite the ordeal. Thankfully Jethro recovered and DH is picking him up from the breeder finally tonight!

I hope everyone is doing well! I think of you all often.

Aayla, I hope things are going well with everything you have going on.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the states! There’s a good chance I won’t have the time to check in before then.

Poor pup but glad he was able to recover.

I started bleeding last night. So either I got 3 different false positives or it was a chemical pregnancy. I really don't know what to think or do. I am kind of a huge emotional mess... my mind is spinning. :cry::cry:

oh beth. I'm so sorry.

AFM: Well had another biopsy done and the hyperplasia is back. So no ttc. Turns out the birth control I was on was making things worse. i am never to go on BC again in my life. The estrogen is really bad for me. So I have to have the mirena put in and in 3 months they will do another biopsy.
But today I was sick at work for no reason. I don't have the flu (I feel fine otherwise), and what I ate was all brand new food so I don't think food poisoning. Hubby thought pregnant. Since I am supposed to get the Mirena put in tomorrow I bought a pack of 2 tests. I'm waiting for my bladder to fill up to test tonight and then I will test again in the morning to be sure. i would have no idea when I ovulated if I did because my cycle was so long and out of wack. If I went by FF then it would have been around Oct 25, just after I got out of the hospital and just after af finally stopped. We did take advantage of it stopping and had sex right at that time lol (3 weeks without sucks btw). so who knows. I'm a realist and it will likely be negative and I will have wasted $12 but even hubby agreed that we couldn't get the mirena put in without being sure.

On the adoption front not much is happening. They found our last application so they are just finishing up the background check and then we will be getting a meeting with our worker to see what has been going on in with us for the last 2 years. Hopefully everything will be a go and we will get into the next education session. not sure when that is as they haven't updated the site with 2018 dates yet. We should have an appt with a worker in the next couple of weeks. So I have been purging and purging our stuff. The last time the worker said our place was too small and packed. We lived in a 1200 sq ft apt then. now we live in an 850 sq ft apt with most of the same furniture. So we are getting rid of a lot of the big furniture tomorrow.

Well not pregnant. Didn't really think I was though. Got the IUD in today. Took a bunch of pain meds an hour before so it didn't hurt as much. I've been having hard core cramps all day though.

all of our checks are done for the adoption and our application has been assigned to our district office. We should be hearing from our worker very soon. I'm so not ready for her to come visit. hoping if they call in the next day or two that I can make an appt for next week. It will give me the weekend to be ready.

The final birth certificate needed for our Ancestry Visa application to the UK is also on its way. Will be here friday. It's funny how these two things seem to coincide with each other. Every time we are one step closer to Scotland we move closer to the adoption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->