Fall in Love! September Testing Thread

@RedRose19 I think your response might depend upon how much of the peace you want to keep, but I definitely agree with @HalfricanMa . I would ask in response how she would feel if she was pregnant and you did the same to her, asking her to pretend like she's not when she's around you...? No one wants to be made to feel like they are a burden, or especially unborn child. Goodness that is just no ok. I can respect where she's coming from and appreciate her hurting heart; infertility is difficult, no doubt...but it is not her place to try and control others to make her feel better. If she is that uncomfortable being around you, then she can avoid the family events. It's not up to you to manage her emotions, it's up to her to figure out how to deal with it.

I would maybe say something like, "I thought about what you asked of me, to not talk about my pregnancy around you, but I am extremely hurt by your request. It makes me feel like my child, your future nephew/niece, is an unwelcome burden in your eyes. I can respect not talking to you about it, but it's unreasonable of you to ask me not to discuss it with anyone else. This is a huge event in my life and to ask me to pretend it's not happening is unreasonable"....or something like that.

@RedRose19 That's so terrible of her. You might consider saying something along the lines of "I can imagine that it's hard for you, and I have so much empathy for you, but that's not something I can promise you. I am here to talk about your grief around not conceiving (if you have the mental or emotional space). I have had my share of fertility challenges, so I know how hard it is. But also, I know how important it is to celebrate a new little person coming into the world. And when you fall pregnant, I promise we will all celebrate your pregnancy and your child."
Just an idea, but that would be a good way to assert your boundaries. It is absolutely not your job to be the caretaker for her feelings. She should probably go to therapy for her grief around not being able to conceive as quickly as she wants to, but she should not put that responsibility on you.

@NDH glad its a result that you wanted. I can understand being disappointed anyway!!

Negative! Im relieved but also a smidge disappointed.
I'm disappointed too!!!! I was living precariously through you!! Maybe this might start the ball rolling for a 7th? :winkwink:

It's doubtful but DH also expressed that part of him is sad it was negative too. It's one of those things that I think is only going to happen if God wills it and not intentionally on our part.

@NDH Sorry you're going through all the mixed emotions. Funny how there's always that part of us that's kind of rooting for that second line to show up, no matter how bad of timing it might be! Well I pray for you that you get some guidance and clarity on what y'all want to do. But for now I hope that whatever lingering ickiness you have going on clears up sooner rather than later!

Oh my goodness. This thread is on fire.
I stepped away because my temps dropped and AF arrived like clockwork. Didn’t test so no idea if I had a cp this month. CD 5 tomorrow and still bleeding a bit today. That’s a good sign for me.

Sorry I’ve missed a lot of the action. If I ovulate by CD 13, I promise to test this month!

@thencomesbebe so excited for you! I actually laid down tonight and thought you would be officially pregnant by now and came to check. Your progression is perfect. Praying for you and baby girl!
@RedRose19 I’m so sorry about your SIL. I can’t imagine saying that to my SIL and I also have been through a lot of fertility issues and many losses. I hope you are able to work through it and she can find peace in the situation. You deserve to enjoy your pregnancy!

@Jess0685 that test is so convincing. That’s so Crazy. I would have thought it was a true positive

@gigglebox your tests are perfect. I agree with @MrsKatie

Oh my goodness. This thread is on fire.
I stepped away because my temps dropped and AF arrived like clockwork. Didn’t test so no idea if I had a cp this month. CD 5 tomorrow and still bleeding a bit today. That’s a good sign for me.

Sorry I’ve missed a lot of the action. If I ovulate by CD 13, I promise to test this month!

@thencomesbebe so excited for you! I actually laid down tonight and thought you would be officially pregnant by now and came to check. Your progression is perfect. Praying for you and baby girl!
@RedRose19 I’m so sorry about your SIL. I can’t imagine saying that to my SIL and I also have been through a lot of fertility issues and many losses. I hope you are able to work through it and she can find peace in the situation. You deserve to enjoy your pregnancy!

@Jess0685 that test is so convincing. That’s so Crazy. I would have thought it was a true positive

@gigglebox your tests are perfect. I agree with @MrsKatie
Oh I know, I think that was the most convincing test I’ve ever had from EAH.
Lots of baby dust and can’t wait for you to join the BFPs of this thread. <3

Good morning ladies ❤
I'm 10dpo and my tests will be here sometime tomorrow morning. I can't wait to test. Not getting my hopes up as I had back to back cps last 2 cycles which hasn't happened in a long time. Glad to know I can still get pregnant as I've been feeling like menopause is just around the corner. My mom and gram got it early and I could be next. Anyways I'll update soon as I take a test. Hope y'all have a great day.

I'm still having some pregnancy symptoms so fx when I test.

@NightFlower
I’m crossing everything for you. I know in my heart that your sticky BFP and sweet baby are coming. Sending you all the baby dust. What symptoms do you have?

@elmum praying your BFP happens this cycle for you!!! Would love to be bump buddies!

@NightFlower wow! Those are great symptoms, I can't WAIT for you to test!!!

I just came back from my blood draw so just waiting on pins and needles for the phone call!

Just got the call back, the number seems low to me, 9 days post transfer and it's 221. So, definitely pregnant, now I just have to wait until Saturday to see if it's rising properly.

whoops, posted at the same time! That doesn't seem low to me. And one draw doesn't tell you much! that's wonderful they will do it again on the weekend so you don't have to wait until monday!

this was literally just posted in my reddit preggo group:
"I don’t know how it translates timing wise but with my son at 9dp5dt (9 days past 5 day embryo transfer) my hcg was 181 and my daughter (current pregnancy) it was 138"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->