Family friendly dogs?

my gorgeous girl:
https://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/543079_10151677714765551_1322537003_n.jpg
https://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/403196_10152097564060551_1507456897_n.jpg
https://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/384170_10152097563370551_1545685853_n.jpg
https://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/250071_10152097563045551_370469979_n.jpg

shes 6 months, but such a sweetheart, doesnt bark, can be slightly jumpy but were working on that, she loves her walks lol.

as you can see she loves me dd, my ds is still abit wary of her lol

I agree most dogs can be family friendly if they are brought up right. We have a pedigree lab and a lab x rottweiler. Both dogs are so soft its unbelievable and they are so loving but they are high energy and need a lot of exercise. Ours get an hour walk morning and evening with lots of ball throwing so they can run around so unless you have the time i wouldnt recommend a labrador. If you have got the time then id get a lab as they are lovely dogs

I agree most dogs can be family friendly if they are brought up right. We have a pedigree lab and a lab x rottweiler. Both dogs are so soft its unbelievable and they are so loving but they are high energy and need a lot of exercise. Ours get an hour walk morning and evening with lots of ball throwing so they can run around so unless you have the time i wouldnt recommend a labrador. If you have got the time then id get a lab as they are lovely dogs

Tbh this is one of the reasons we want a dog, to make us get out of the house!! There's a big field near us that's perfect for the kids and the dog to run free lol xx

Tbh this is one of the reasons we want a dog, to make us get out of the house!! There's a big field near us that's perfect for the kids and the dog to run free lol xx

My LO loves taking the dogs with us, he'd run around after them all day if he could x

I grew up with a choco lab and a border collie, I actually trained the border collie when i was a kid and she is still going now ( just but then she is 16!) she is amazing and is the reason we have another collie ourselves at our house, she is amazing with my son, he loves getting up in the morning and giving her cuddles and walking her to school, my m-i-l has a white German Shepard who i just love so much but was scared silly of it when they first got it lol he is such a loving amazing fun dog my son is like the boy from the jungle book with him rolling around on the floor with Sam Sam the lion dog!

x

we have a boxador - boxer cross lab and he doesnt slobber and doesnt smell woo hoo........ i love him x

dont really know much about dogs and didnt really like them and was nervous around them before we got our's....my husband is a huge dog lover and always wanted a one so i gave in eventually and i can safely say i wouldnt be without him now x

the reason we got a boxador was because my hubby wanted a boxer but because i was so nervous/anxious or dogs the only ones i felt slightly at ease at were labs so whilst searching i came across boxadors ta da both happy- briliant family dogs x

I have four jack russell terriers, and all are brilliant with our girls aged 10, 4 and 8 months. It really depends on the up bringing but JRT are very intelligent and very loyal, they are also hardy little things and will play for hours with the children, but are also just as happy to curl up with them, beauty of a small dog is they mature faster so get over the puppy stage and they can all fit in the car when we go to the beach. Good luck with your search

I'm agreeing that the upbringing is key to having a family dog, any dog can be family orientated with the right and consistent training.

I personally love Beagles and Chocolate Labs. My dad has a Chocolate Lab and he is the biggest suck there ever was. And incredibly gentle with my nephew, he can do whatever he wants to that dog and he wont do anything. I currently own a beagle and she is so gentle with my nephews and very well behaved. But we had to work hard to get her that way. The breed is known to be wanderers and kind of bark happy. I don't think they'd be happy in city limits, we live on a farm and have tons of room for her to roam.

i love my mums dog hes an airedale terrier he great with
my kids hes 9 now hes very friendly

Chinese Cresteds are awesome with kids (and good for anyone with allergies). There is a powderpuff (or haired) version if you don't like the hairless look. (They are actually quite elegant and often times look like a mini-Afghan Hound.) The ones in the UK (hairless) generally have vast amounts of body hair and are very Cyldesdale (horse) looking.

When DH brought up wanting a dog for the baby my requirements were: will not bite, no matter what the baby does, cannot accidently hurt the baby easily, is not hyper, but will play with the kids, will still lay still with adults/ kids. DH wanted something small and furry. I convinced him to get small and hairless. ;) (He loves the dogs now.)

I'm agreeing that the upbringing is key to having a family dog, any dog can be family orientated with the right and consistent training.

I personally love Beagles and Chocolate Labs. My dad has a Chocolate Lab and he is the biggest suck there ever was. And incredibly gentle with my nephew, he can do whatever he wants to that dog and he wont do anything. I currently own a beagle and she is so gentle with my nephews and very well behaved. But we had to work hard to get her that way. The breed is known to be wanderers and kind of bark happy. I don't think they'd be happy in city limits, we live on a farm and have tons of room for her to roam.

Beagles are gorgeous!! I've just googled them. How big do they grow? Xx

Most are fairly short, and weigh less than 35 lbs. I'm not sure what that measures out to in metric measurements, but I think that is a great size dog! Medium. Not big at all, but not tiny, either. :) They can become obese easily, and do alert bark. But I like them. :thumbup:

I have a catahoula bulldog. smaller then a real bulldog.they are short hair which I personally prefer,loyal,quiet, don't snap.she is very good dog.my son can pull her ears,tail take her food away and she just let him do it.but it matters of course the way someone trains their dog.Google it.:thumbup:

This is our dog.she is a good dog and we are very proud of her.

Attachments

• facebook_-768607081.jpg
    facebook_-768607081.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 4
beagles need a lot of work. They need to have stuff to do so they dont get bored.

beagles are very hard work! theres four at training and it takes soo much effort to train them because there nose is always down sniffing stuff out, also if they find something yummy smellying you cant get them away lol, but they bailey is very sniffy too lol

Another German Shep. vote here
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/brainlesslittleaurora/289040_10150461563696040_772731039_11266671_1464573137_o.jpg
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/brainlesslittleaurora/DSC00242-1.jpg

we also have a pom....he is a wee shit lol
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/brainlesslittleaurora/image7.jpg

My heart will always belong to non-descript Heinz 57 varieties of rescue dog... and greyhounds. Our Heinz57 is the kindest, most gentle, absolutely adoring of the baby (he keeps bringing her his toys and putting them ever so gently at her feet and smiling at her) dog you'd ever hope to meet... and greyhounds are so easy-going, lazy, low-maintenance, beautiful creatures - I'd add in dignified but mine doesn't KNOW dignified!

Neither will fit your bill though - I like dogs with a past and a lifestory to them so rescues all the way for me.

Hmm so would a beagle be likely to chew the house up then? Coz I couldn't cope with that lol. Xx

This is our begal, he was £800 as he championship pedigree.

He is lovely but he is ALOT of work.

Pros: Begals live long, as they dont have any serious inhernit health issues. There very lloyal, brilliant breeding dogs, brill with children. very playful

Cons: they cannot be let of lead (well im sure some can) but you deff can see the hunter in them, as if they get a scent then there no getting him back. they suffer from hay fever - which means trips to the vets every year or he has to wear a cone and take tablets. they will eat constantly if you let them. we bought dry food in bulk (25k) and cam home one day to find he had broken into the cupboard and eaten most of it...he was so big he couldnt walk down the stairs! he will doany thing to get food. oh and he was pretty difficult to train (even got kicked out of two puppy training courses.)

previously we had lots of german shepherds which i think make brillint family pets, also we had a staff and a boxer...personally i loved the staff, but was not a fan of the boxer as was so hard to train.

Attachments

• 2301_49039333805_6879_n.jpg
    2301_49039333805_6879_n.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 2301_49039323805_6626_n.jpg
    2301_49039323805_6626_n.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 149094_464780018805_2437973_n.jpg
    149094_464780018805_2437973_n.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 539479_10151374719848835_7071519_n.jpg
    539479_10151374719848835_7071519_n.jpg