Far off but is anyone planning IVF/FET Oct/Nov time or waiting to start treatment?

Hi, I have only done medicated, sorry can't help with that one, I don't really know anything about a natural cycle

Wannabe, looking fantastic!

Mine is a smidgen darker but more it's a bit thicker today, with dd I had 2 days where they were quite similar but then rats what you get for testing every 24 hrs! Might crack open the digi tomorrow!

Hey ladies!! I am gearing up for an FET in January, and wanted to pick your all's brains. Are you all doing medicated or natural FETs? Any thoughts on which is preferable? I will be traveling for my FET, so a medicated cycle will give me more certainty on timing. But, I like the idea of doing it natural.
I just did my 2cnd IVF cycle and I got a BFP! But before that I did two medicated FET's. With a medicated fet you use lupron to stop yourself from ovulating, you use estrace pills (estrogen) vaginally or injectible estrogen to build up the lining of your uterus. My clinic wants your lining to be an 8 or better for thickness before the transfer. After transfer you use vaginal progesterone and sometimes injectible progesterone done intramuscular. You also stay on the estrogen.

I didn't do natural FET, I just know you don't use medication and they let you ovulate before the transfer. So like you said it isn't as predicatble because the cycle isn't controlled by meds.

The meds cost me about 800 bucks for my FET, so natural cycle can save you $$. Good luck to you with whatever you decide! :dust::dust:

Update: we have 8 frozen embryos!
I am confused because yesterday I was told 5, so that's the most I thought we would get.

Not sure how exactly 5 turned to 8 but I guess I just don't understand the process. Good news though!

Update: we have 8 frozen embryos!
I am confused because yesterday I was told 5, so that's the most I thought we would get.

Not sure how exactly 5 turned to 8 but I guess I just don't understand the process. Good news though!

Wonderful news! :happydance::thumbup: That gives you plenty of chances to get your BFP with a FET cycle, but hopefully you won't need more than one! :thumbup:

Probably what happened was what happened with my frosties. On Day 5 they froze two and than on day 6 six they froze 2 more. I bet some of them needed to go to day 6 before they could be frozen!!! :thumbup:

@KBP, you should ask to speak to an embryologist about what happened with the embryos and ask about the quality of the embryos! I am assuming you are paying for this cycle, so if something doesn't make sense you are paying a lot of money, if you have questions don't ever hesitate to ask hun!!!!

kpb, yay!!!!!!!!!!! the same amount as me, funny you say that as on the Monday I had 5 that were normal and 15 abnormal, wasn't holding out much hope, then by day 5 I had 7 frozen and day 6 another 1!

Congrats wannabe and star. Love those lines.

Clinic just called, so after the 22 of 30 eggs that fertilized-only 5 were able to freeze. And they are calling me back tomorrow to tell me if that number stands.

I'm disappointed once again. Seems like such a small number, especially starting with 22 That were fertilized. Am I being unrealistic?

Your numbers are pretty normal I started with 27 Eggs only like 23 fertilized normally and then by day five we had six embryos but then we did genetic testing on them and only four of the six were normal so we only ended up with 4 good healthy normal embryos when starting with 27 eggs.

Congrats ladies lines look great! AFM doing well go back to my RE for another US and labs tomorrow. Been feeling nauseous if I don't eat regularly and sore boob's. I'll be 7 weeks on Friday!

Is this OK for 4 weeks tomorrow?

Can't believe you are nearly 7 weeks already Ellie!

Attachments

• _20161019_120835.jpg
    _20161019_120835.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 0
@Ellie, Good luck with your US and BW!! :dust::dust:

@Star, I never use digis so I have no idea? Maybe some of the other girls can chime in? How do your other tests look? I wouldn't stress over the tests too much at this point. Just go by the BW! You don't want to freak yourself out for no reason! Good luck hun! :dust::dust:

Good advice wannabe , the leaflet says 1-2 weeks means tou conceived 1-2 weeks ago and I am 13dpo technically so think this is ok
Blood test will be Tuesday

Your test looks amazing, my frer was similar to yours yesterday, didn't do a frer today as ran out so can't compare today's so done a digital

For the next 3 days I have left a clear blue (not digital) a cheapie which have been useless and the test from the clinic for sat

Blood test could be Monday but Tuesday suits me better as have to book boat and Monday would be too much of a rush once I tell them the result, all being well by then of course! I haven't got any tests for mon or Tues which is depressing!

star, that's totally fine. Most people will show 2-3 weeks when HCG>156 (you will find people online that say 200 but that isn't true, the actual product testing is available online so you can look it up). So with Madeline you probably wouldn't have gotten that until like 16 DPO...meaning no worries!

Thank you 3c, that explains it, trust me never happy unless I'm worrying about something unnecessarily!

Anybody want to take a guess on how many babies I am cooking and vote in my poll? This is just for fun of course! :haha: Of course BW is friday so it might be easier to to wait until than to guess?!!!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/2414271-poll-many-babies-am-cooking.html

Hi wannabe - I voted for 1 based on the darkness of your tests. But that's just a guess! The FRERs used to have more dye back when I was last pregnant so now it's hard for me to know how dark they really are.

@3C, thanks for voting hun! :thumbup: I am going to vote once I get my BW results back on Friday! I am leaning towards it being 1 though this time. I figured it would be fun to do a poll to help pass the time just for fun! I am bored out of my mind trying to pass the time waiting on my BW for Friday! LOL!!! It seems like time is just dragging by right now soooooo slooooowly!!! LOL!!! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->