Far off but is anyone planning IVF/FET Oct/Nov time or waiting to start treatment?

Thanks for those stats 3chords! I keep trying to tell myself that the odds are more in favor of a BFP on Friday than a BFN and those numbers helped. Still so stressed right now that I can barely think of anything else. The little twinges I am feeling certainly aren't helping to calm me down!

Star - we decided to put two in because a) we already had a failed single PGS embryo transfer and b) we are okay with having twins. Of course it would be a higher risk pregnancy with twins, but at this point I feel like any pregnancy I have will be high risk given my track record. I guess there is no right answer... just lots of questions!

Thinking of you Star. I imagine it's a painstaking process to first get the heartbreaking news, and then have to wait a while until you're given the go-ahead for the FET. I say transfer 2! Certainly twins would be difficult in infancy (if both stick), but I always have found the idea of siblings having that bond from the womb sweet and appealing. And in any case it may put your mind more at ease about the embryos' chances.

northernmonke - I bet your twins are a joy. :) I would have had no issue with twins the first time around but now I have a 12-month-old and I truthfully can't imagine adding twins to the mix. Nevertheless we will transfer two and hope for the best. If it's twins, we'll hire external help as there is no way I can handle 3 under 2 especially if 2 are newborns!

Yeah they are fab. Hard work at times and you do get exhausted but it's so nice they have each other. My friend had 3 under 2 And she's doing well. It's just logistics and once you get used to that you just crack on. Obviously it is more high risk but we were lucky and no complications and they were big and healthy x

Thank you ladies, actually having twins I would love, but I'm such a worrier I would be too anxious for the pregnancy
I also want sure if I would be wasting an embryo if there wasnt much more chance of a success with 2 rather than 1
I'm going to phone clinic soon so I'll keep you updated

Good luck on Friday 3c and manna!

I've made an appointment for nurse to sign consent forms on 24th Jan, she said they like to leave it a couple of months to let body get back to normal
It will probably be the right time really as next cycle could be over new year time then the next one end of Jan start of Feb so hopefully work out OK and I won't have 2 cycles before then and have to wait for the next one!

It always makes me feel better to have a plan or appointment to head towards :)

Good news star x next year will be better I'm sure.

Mara don't lose hope. I've read studies that show average embryos be rescued in the womb once they are put in the right place. Hoping for a good result for you.

KBP how did your second beta go?

AFM a scan tomorrow for kining check and bloods to confirm ovulation then they'll line me up for me FET. 30 per cent chance on average and I've never had bfp with FET... hoping for a miracle but keeping a balanced state of mind and trying not to feel like it's groundhog day

First beta 220, today's beta 620, so levels more than doubled! I'll go in a week from today for more bloodwork and if everything's good I'll be scheduled for an ultrasound two weeks after that :)

Hi everyone, sorry i haven't been around and I see I have missed a lot.

So very sorry for your loss Star and Lexus. And very sorry to hear there is only one heartbeat for you Wannabe :(

Congrats to you Goingforit, KBP, and Northern and any other BFPs I missed.

Good luck for all you ladies currently in a cycle or waiting to start.

I had my second transfer on Nov 15th. The blood test isn't until monday so I'm still waiting. They gave me a second hcg shot on the 18th, 3 days after transfer so I can't really rely on hpts. I took one yesterday and today so I can try testing out the trigger. The 2 tests look about the same. Maybe tomorrow there will be a change. Tomorrow is 7 days after trigger and 10 days after tansfer.

Ok so the reason I have been missing is I am dealing with a Reno nightmare. We hired a company to do our kitchen and whole first floor renovation. They took 50k deposit, gutted my whole first floor and then vanished. Claiming bankruptcy. So since sept 26 I have been living with no kitchen and cooking off a hot plate in my unfinished basement for my 2 young kids. I am not any closer to getting my kitchen started. I guess one good thing is that this has distracted me so I haven't been able to obsess over this cycle and surrogacy haha. I don't understand how people can be so evil.

I've made an appointment for nurse to sign consent forms on 24th Jan, she said they like to leave it a couple of months to let body get back to normal
It will probably be the right time really as next cycle could be over new year time then the next one end of Jan start of Feb so hopefully work out OK and I won't have 2 cycles before then and have to wait for the next one!

Good luck for your next cycle in the New year! I hope you get a BFP! :dust::dust: I hope that you are feeling better and that you had a very happy thanksgiving! Big hugs! :hugs::hugs:

Good news star x next year will be better I'm sure.

Mara don't lose hope. I've read studies that show average embryos be rescued in the womb once they are put in the right place. Hoping for a good result for you.

KBP how did your second beta go?

AFM a scan tomorrow for kining check and bloods to confirm ovulation then they'll line me up for me FET. 30 per cent chance on average and I've never had bfp with FET... hoping for a miracle but keeping a balanced state of mind and trying not to feel like it's groundhog day

Good luck! I hope your lining was nice and thick so you can do your transfer! :dust::dust:I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

First beta 220, today's beta 620, so levels more than doubled! I'll go in a week from today for more bloodwork and if everything's good I'll be scheduled for an ultrasound two weeks after that :)

Congrats on a great beta!!! I am so happy for you!!! :happydance::happydance: Did you transfer more than one embryo? Because if so I am thinking twins for you!!!! I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Wannabe-only transferred 1, 5 day embryo. I did not even consider it splitting but It is possible! I didn't think my numbers were THAT high!

@6foot, Wow, I am so sorry about what happened with those contractors! Big hugs to you!! :hugs::hugs: That sounds awful!! I would be so angry!!! Is there anything that you can do, I mean what happens next?

Good luck! I hope you get your BFP! Are you going to do any HPT's? :dust::dust:

Anyone else feel nauseous from estrogen and progesterone? Not sure which one causes it but I feel so gross every day. At what point do I get to stop estogen pills?

I've done a hpt the last 3 mornings but it's only 7 days past the trigger shot so I know the hcg is still in my system. Last cycle the hcg was gone by 9 days, so sunday I might be able to tell. Right now I see a light line that is slightly darker than last cycle after 7 days but it is a bit lighter than yesterdays. So not sure what to think.

Thanks Wannabe. We were so shocked at first. The contractor did it to 12 families in total. He is a true scam artist. He has no assets in his name and is filing for bancruptcy so I don't think I can do anything. I've started looking for new contractors to finish one bit at a time. It's going to be a long process.

Kpb that's fab news!

6foot, I'm sorry, someone like you truly doesn't deserve that how cruel, sending hugs and hoping a blazing bfp will help in the next couple of days!

3c, how was transfer?

The transfer was ok. Our PGS normal embryo fully expanded and basically looked beautiful. The other one (that was inconclusive b/c not enough DNA to amplify) did not fully expand at the time of transfer so we have pretty low expectations of it. I mean we put it in because we wanted a clean slate for a fresh cycle if this one fails, never really expected much to come of it. But I was a bit upset that it decreases our chances slightly. The RE said the rate of implantation of a partially expanded blast at transfer time are about 75% that of a fully expanded one so I guess it's not the worst thing but still. OTD isn't until Dec 7 which is 12dp5dt. I will POAS around 4-5dp5dt and if positive I'll just ask my GP to run betas at 8 and 10dp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->