• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Far off but is anyone planning IVF/FET Oct/Nov time or waiting to start treatment?

Thanks for the good luck wishes girls! :hugs: I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend! :flower:

Hey Wannabe, thanks hope you are too and restful!
Today I had my nephews 5th birthday in a soft play place then back to my sisters for birthday cake, then had the rest of the day in
Tomorrow my.brother in law is putting the summerhouse house together with dh we got a few weeks ago so doing dinner for my sister and brother rin law and 2 little ones, then invited my other other sister and her boyfriend, then felt guilty for the other younger sister so got a house full for dinner tomorrow, lasagne it is with salad and garlic bread!
It's the last bit to our garden though apart from the front porch which is nearly finished and we're having madeleine christened 28th Aug and having afternoon tea in the garden after for 45 people and about 12 kids so desperate to get the garden all done

How's everyone else?

Hey Wannabe, thanks hope you are too and restful!
Today I had my nephews 5th birthday in a soft play place then back to my sisters for birthday cake, then had the rest of the day in
Tomorrow my.brother in law is putting the summerhouse house together with dh we got a few weeks ago so doing dinner for my sister and brother rin law and 2 little ones, then invited my other other sister and her boyfriend, then felt guilty for the other younger sister so got a house full for dinner tomorrow, lasagne it is with salad and garlic bread!
It's the last bit to our garden though apart from the front porch which is nearly finished and we're having madeleine christened 28th Aug and having afternoon tea in the garden after for 45 people and about 12 kids so desperate to get the garden all done

How's everyone else?

hAPPY 5th Birthday to your nephew! :flower:Have a nice time at your dinner! I hope the christening goes great! It sounds like you are having a wonderful weekend! :winkwink:

Oh wow, that will be a big Christening star! Hope it goes well and you have great weather. We had Henry's on June 4th and it was the perfect summer day, thankfully.

I started stims today, hoping to have retrieval next Friday, the 12th. Feels weird to be doing this but so so SO much less stressful than last time. I actually had to put reminders in my phone to go in today, whereas when we were trying to have Henry I'd have been counting down the hours.

How everything went well and you're not too exhausted star!

That's so exciting 3chords!

Wannabe only a few more days for you!!!

I go tomorrow for labs and water sono praying all is ok and we can get transfer tentatively scheduled.

Oh wow, that will be a big Christening star! Hope it goes well and you have great weather. We had Henry's on June 4th and it was the perfect summer day, thankfully.

I started stims today, hoping to have retrieval next Friday, the 12th. Feels weird to be doing this but so so SO much less stressful than last time. I actually had to put reminders in my phone to go in today, whereas when we were trying to have Henry I'd have been counting down the hours.

Good luck with stims! I hope you get lots of healthy eggs and they make a lot of healthy embryos for your transfer! :dust::dust:

How everything went well and you're not too exhausted star!

That's so exciting 3chords!

Wannabe only a few more days for you!!!

I go tomorrow for labs and water sono praying all is ok and we can get transfer tentatively scheduled.

Thanks, yeah I am starting to get really excited about the transfer now! :happydance::thumbup:

Good luck with your tests tomorrow! I hope everything goes great so you can move on with your fertility cycle! :dust::dust:

Whew, big day, Star! :happydance:

3chords - that's such exciting news!!! Seemed like wait wait wait for awhile and now this is all happening so fast. So glad it's less stressful! :friends:

Good luck, Ellie and wannabe!!

Thanks for the good luck wishes lemon! :hugs:

I started my progesterone in ethyl oleate yesterday and it was a lot better then injecting it in the sesame oil. I had an allergic reaction to the sesame oil, it gave my itchy, rash, hives, lumpy swollen behind on my last FET cycle! I stopped the injections and I increased my vaginal suppositories but my progesterone levels dropped without the injections and I think that is why I had the chemical. :cry: The ethyl oleate is much gentler, didn't burn or sting, or lump up at the injection spot. I wasn't itchy after either! I was just a tiny bit soar for a short period but that was about it! Fingers crossed I will continue to tolerate it as I continue to use it. but so far so good! I can't wait for Friday to get here! :thumbup:

I am not looking forward to the drive of 4.5 hours each way but I am really excited about the transfer! I don't remember if I told you girls that I do remote monitoring where I live and they just do the transfer at my clinic up north where I did my original IVF cycle. My DH is going to watch the kids for me so I can drive up and back all by myself in the same day. I can travel faster if I just drive by myself vrs taking the twins and having to stay in a hotel overnight! Keep sending me those good luck wishes!

Wow wannabe I can't believe your clinic is that far away! My clinic is 1 hour 45 min- 2 hours depending on traffic and I go there every time for labs, lining check etc. I can't imagine 9 hours!

Hey all

3c, good luck with stimms, I can imagine it is less stressful this time around

ellie, hope all goes well today for you

wannabe, I'm glad you have a kinder alternative to the progesterone in oil

Had a good weekend thank you, just tiring!

getting a bit worried about the size of the christening but half of them are my family so it can't be helped haha

Lemon tree how are you?

I bet, big families are great though!
My water sono was perfect. Got my scripts for my estrogen and progesterone. Plan is to call day 1 of my next cycle then we'll get the transfer in Sept of all goes according to plan.

That's so awesome, Ellie! :happydance:

Wannabe, that's crazy how far that is. :shock: I didn't realize how lucky I was with just a short drive to my clinic! At least you can do remote monitoring. Stock up on some good podcasts and music for that trip. :hugs:

I bet, big families are great though!
My water sono was perfect. Got my scripts for my estrogen and progesterone. Plan is to call day 1 of my next cycle then we'll get the transfer in Sept of all goes according to plan.

That is wonderful news! I am so glad that your tests went great and you can start your cycle for September!!! Good luck and baby dust to you! :dust::dust:

AFM, thanks girls! :hugs: Yes, the drive is long! I also have to leave my house by 4:30am, or 5am at the absolute latest, so I am going to be running on fumes and pretty sleepy. I am going to try to get my DD to bed by 8am and go to bed with her the night before so I won't be that tired. My transfer is at 10:30am. Luckily since I am leaving so early there shouldn't be much traffic at all. I am not looking forward to the drive but it will totally be worth it. The last time I did my FET, DH, the twins and I all drove up together and spent the night in a hotel near my clinic. We also went to visit family that I have that live about 45 minutes away. It was a lot though, traveling with the twins, staying in a hotel, driving to see family. So this time I am going solo.

I am not visiting family this time. I didn't even tell my Mom or my sister that I was doing the transfer this time. I did tell them about the last FET that ended in a chemical and after going through the loss I decided that this time around I am going to just go through this with my DH & I! I made the mistake of telling family about my BFP and then I had the chemical so I felt like a fool for announcing that I was pregnant only yo have it fail days after! :cry: Plus with the chemical my sister wasn't very supportive, in fact she was annoying! My mom was never really thrilled about me trying for baby #3 so I figure I will just leave them out of it this time. Keep things low stress. I am not going to tell anyone if it works until I see heart beats on an ultrasound to confirm things are going okay first. That way if it doesn't work I can mourn the loss on my own with DH. I also was worried that my sister was going to announce my pregnancy before I was ready to tell people,so that also influenced me saying something sooner. I just feel like she gets too involved and trys to micromanage my life. I actually refer to her as my second Mom, since she is older than me and baby sat me when I was a kid etc. Long story short I just need to go through this journey on my own this time, with just DH& I. I am sure that you girls understand where I am coming from!

I am so thankful for the continued support from you B&B girls though! :hugs:

That's great wannabe not much longer!

Well my thyroid (tsh) came back a little higher than they'd like it so I've gotta start on levothyroxine so it'll be in a good range for transfer. Ugh I just pray that this makes it go ink a good range and doesn't hold up our transfer.

That's great wannabe not much longer!

Well my thyroid (tsh) came back a little higher than they'd like it so I've gotta start on levothyroxine so it'll be in a good range for transfer. Ugh I just pray that this makes it go ink a good range and doesn't hold up our transfer.

Thanks hun! :thumbup: Sorry about your thyroid! Fingers crossed the medications keep it at normal levels for your upcoming cycle. It is better that you caught it now and fixed it before the cycle actually starts though! Good luck! :dust::dust:

Great news Ellie, you're nearly there!

Wannabe that's understandable you want to keep it to yourselves, with my first time everyone knew even work colleagues, this time I will tell my family but that's it, i did debate not telling anyone but then they know everything and would probably somehow know, my 3 sisters are like detectives!

I totally understand about trying to keep it a secret but it's so hard. Last time my work people knew because I had to come in late to work frequently after testings and things and my family knew because they helped with transportation and things. This time I've told a select few people but not everyone I'm trying to keep it quieter than the last time just less stress less people asking.

Also I asked why they can't do the FET this cycle and they said that with the baseline labs and sono you have to do those on cycle day 6,7, or 8. And when you begin the FET cycle Estrace is started on day 2 of the cycle so by now the lining is too thick and it's too late to start the Estrace now to get everything on the right path. Definitely makes sense glad I asked.

Ellie - hope the TSH goes down. I have a friend who had to stay on meds 2-3 cycles in order to get it under control so don't put a lot of pressure on yourself if it takes a bit longer. It really is worth it in the end. But I hope that you are ready to go in September!

wannabe - good luck! I had the same issue as you with the PIO shots. I couldn't handle the progesterone suspended in sesame oil, olive oil or cottonseed oil. My whole life changed when they gave me ethyl oleate in my 2nd IVF round. The first one resulted in redness and HUGE lumps all over my butt and hips that were very painful. The ethyl oleate - never a problem. It was amazing!

star - christening will go great. Do you have a special gown? I went pretty modern for Henry as my DH was very against his little man in a gown lol.

I am doing well so far on stims. Have the typical headaches I get when my estrogen rises, so I am trying to drink a lot of water and take Advil every night before bed. I go in on Saturday morning (day 6) for my follicle check.

Hi 3c I don't have a special gown which is a shame so I'm going to buy a dress, she wont be in it long as she's such a wriggle bum she will want to be on the move yesterday she climbed 2 stairs and was making her way onto the third, I nearly had a heart attack, I can't believe how fast it's going :(
We're going to hire a bouncy castle too for the garden as there will be about 12 children and to have that many bored children is just asking for trouble haha

The rest of the garden I've ordered lots of vintage bunting and balloons and all the table decorations are vintage all from amazon so will be doing afternoon tea, thankfully my sister is good at making scones and cakes so going on a mammoth baking day on the Saturday, I feel guilty though as she booked the weekend off work for a night out on the mainland and now cancelled it to help me :(
She was the sister who was my labour partner too, couldn't have got through it without her there too!
Hope all goes well at tomorrows scan :)

Wannabe, is it transfer day today or have I got that wrong?

I'm on cd28 today and no sign of af, at this rate I should have started this cycle as by the time I get this one the next one might not be until October

I've had a cold/virus for over 10 days now though so kind of glad it hasn't shown at the same time
The sore throat and ill feeling just won't budge, I need some vitamins

How is everyone else?

Hi girls, Thanks for stopping in to wish me luck and ask me how everything went! :hugs: I left my house at 4:30 am and I actually arrived at my clinic an hour and a half early! The drive was easy with not traffic since I was traveling so early! I resisted having coffee the first part, and just had tea in the morning.However on the drive home at one point I was so sleepy I was worried about falling asleep at the wheel so I stopped at a rest stop to get a cup of coffee and stretch my legs. I also lost my car when I was trying to leave the rest stop! They have 2 indentical parking lots on each side of the building and I wasn't paying attention, also really tired so I walked around the wrong parking lot looking for my car for about 5 to 10 minutes before realizing what was going on. I was starting tothink that someone had stolen my car! LOL! :wacko::dohh::haha: I made it home at 6pm, but I was so tired that I couldn';t find the energy to get on here, and I was in bed early!!!

So my embryo looked great, thawed fine and was of good quality! The main RE did my transfer and he was running a little late since he was on his own doing all of the stuff! He came in and was so fast, I didn't even know what was going on! LOL! :wacko: He was a bit ruff with the speculum thingy, but I will survive!!! LOL! He also was trying to push some diet on me, the bacon, egg and whole milk baby diet, saying how we need fat in our diet for pregnancy. He wanted me to have an IV infusion of intralipids but I told the nurse I was going to pass. Of course it isn't a free procedure! Weird! I was glad that he did the transfer though since he did it when I had the twins. They also offer acupuncture before and after the procedure but I am not a fan of more needles after all of the daily needles I use with the medications! I had to wear a robe with sandals and just strip down to my bra. The clinic has a relaxed spa like feel to it. Even the room where the transfer takes place has a very comfy patient table but it is more like a bed, you have a pillow, blanket, dim lighting with calming music playing. I really like that it doesn't feel like the stereotypical dr's office and it feels more like a spa/resort type place.They have the nicest facility that I have ever seen!

Here is a picture of my embryo! My last frostie! I really hope this works!!!:thumbup: Wish me luck! My HCG beta is 08/15 but I have to go in on the Sunday,the day before since DH can't get that day off from work. I think I am going to start testing on Monday and start a testing thread, but I will post on my journal also! Wish me luck!

embryo 08-05-2016.jpg

So feeling a bit stressed! My progesterone, TSH and estrogen levels got checked with a blood draw before my transfer yesterday. My progesterone levels are low at 14.26! I think they want like a 20 at minimum!! I have been on the progesterone for a week now before the blood draw was done!!! I checked them today in my patient portal for my clinic. My clinic is only open until 12 on saturday and closed sunday, and I called in at 11:00 to ask about the results and if they were low to confirm my fears. Well the nurse told me to increase my vaginal suppositories from 2 to 3 a day. I asked her if anyone was going to call me to tell me this if I didn't call and ask!!! Grrrr, ugghh! She let me know she is in a call center 3 hours away from the clinic so she has no way of knowing if my clinic had it on theirto do list to call me. Well thank goodness I checked, called and asked! I know they got the results back on the same day yesterday so they should of told me to increase it yesterday!!! I am feeling stressed since I think low progesterone contributed to my chemical last time when I had to stop the sesame oil injections!! Uggh, I am trying to keep up the PMA, but I have a bad feeling about this cycle!!! I am trying not to stress but this last incident isn't helping!!!! :wacko: :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->