Father's Day gift from the bump..?!

MemmaJ

Reaction score
Posting this in First & Second Trimester forums to get as many ideas as possible as I'm stumped..!

Father's Day here in the UK is in 2 weeks. I have already bought a Fathers Day Card for the 'daddy to be', but I really want to get him a gift too. All the things I find online seem to involve a scan picture, but I don't really want to go down that route as he has all the scan pictures saved on his phone anyway and looks at them all the time.

Is anyone getting a gift for their partner from 'the baby' and if so, what ideas have you come up with? :)

I can't remember what I got him but I probably got dh a father's day card and something he wanted rather then it being directly baby related! In fact I probably cooked him a favourite dinner and got some of his favourite ale!

I got a Star Wars 'I am your father' t-shirt! He is a big Star Wars fan and loved it lol

How about something that he can do with the baby once lo arrives? Maybe a book about father and child that he can read to her. My DH hates changing dirty diapers so I would think about getting a diaper changing kit with gloves, air freshener, mask, etc. as a little joke.

I didn't get a mothers day so he's not gettin getting a father's day!

How about something that he can do with the baby once lo arrives? Maybe a book about father and child that he can read to her. My DH hates changing dirty diapers so I would think about getting a diaper changing kit with gloves, air freshener, mask, etc. as a little joke.
I thought this was hilarious considering my hubby hates it too and tells me he won't change a poopy unless he has gloves and a mask so I'm totally gonna do this! :haha:

I didn't get anything from him on Mother's Day, but I'm getting him something for Father's Day because I like giving gifts. :haha:

Hubs wears hoodies a LOT, and most of his are worn out. His classic look is jeans and a navy hoodie. So I got him a navy hoodie and a matching one for baby girl. 3-6 months is the smallest I could find that looked like his, so that's what I got. She won't be born until Fall, so I figured the matching hoodies would be cute and something to tie them together.

My hubby is getting a small keychain that sys "only the best husbands get promoted to daddy". I might also get him a baby how to book as a joke gift because he's always been terrified of holding newborns.

I bought a t-shirt that says "dad-to-be loading." Geeky as he likes it :haha:

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/readmyrhyme/product/father-to-be-from-mummy-s-tummy-gift

I thought this was a really cute idea. Xxx

I wasn't going to get hime anything but now you all have me thinking. I would like to get something that he can bring for the labor. I also like the keychain idea or maybe just a mug. Hmmmm

I've got my DH a cute card, but that's about it... To be fair though, I am putting a lot of money into the house soon & have just paid for his car to be fixed.. So maybe that can be my present :haha: I'm excited to give him the card though, he'll love it!

When I was pregnant last time I got my OH a baby grow which said 'I love my daddy' technically it wasn't for him but it was a cute gesture.

When I give gifts for holidays like father's day, I don't necessarily give gifts that are "daddy gifts." For example, DH really needs a new electric razor because his literally fell apart, so that's what I'm getting him. I tend to shop for something that he'll really really like or enjoy. I don't think he'd enjoy a Daddy-To-Be tshirt or something as much as he would enjoy an electric razor, and the day is about him and making him happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->