Feb babies - 2 babies

Wow that's crazy well try and take it easy, I know that's kinda hard with a little one bouncing around.. And let us know how things are going and please be careful !

Does anyone else get BHs for an entire day?? This didn't happen in my other two pregnancies. When I woke up this morning I would have thought I had my period if I wasn't pregnant. My lower tummy and my back has been aching all day and Im still having the tightenings any where from 5 to 20 mins apart. This is the third time this has happened this pregnancy. I've drunken water, had a bath, laid down and been to the beach and they are still goin. It's 6.30pm now. They aren't getting any more painful tho just uncomfortable like period cramps in my back and front.

I had BH for two days when I had the stomach flu around Thanksgiving and again for one day one week later. It scared the crap out of me. Hope all is OK with you, I'd give your midwife a ring.

Wow that's crazy well try and take it easy, I know that's kinda hard with a little one bouncing around.. And let us know how things are going and please be careful !

Managed to get an appointment with the doctor today and it turns out I have Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. Been given an exercise sheet to help with the dizzy,
she said that it should clear in a few days.
I guess that's what you get for cleaning your ears to often :haha:
my blood pressure is low and so are my iron levels which don't help but with doing the exercises the dizziness should at least ease.

I'd ring your midwife, when I comes to Braxton hicks if you have more then 4 in an hour your meant to call her up just to be on the safe side.
Hope they ease soon.
they aren't the nicest things.

All settled down today yay! I felt like I was awake all night. Next drama though my 2 year old has woken up with chicken pox no doubt my 4 yr old will catch it to. Baby should definitely stay inside till chicken pox has passed.

Managed to get an appointment with the doctor today and it turns out I have Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. Been given an exercise sheet to help with the dizzy,
my blood pressure is low and so are my iron levels which don't help but with doing the exercises the dizziness should at least ease.

oh my that is not a fun thing to have but yes the exercises to help if you remember to do them ... my husband has had vertigo 2 maybe 3 times and it said its like being drunk some worse cause you dont get the good feeling of being drunk lol.

how good thing vertigo wont effect baby:baby: :happydance: just mamma :wacko: ... hope it clears up quickly for you !

All settled down today yay! I felt like I was awake all night. Next drama though my 2 year old has woken up with chicken pox no doubt my 4 yr old will catch it to. Baby should definitely stay inside till chicken pox has passed.

Not going well for you at the moment.

oh my that is not a fun thing to have but yes the exercises to help if you remember to do them ... my husband has had vertigo 2 maybe 3 times and it said its like being drunk some worse cause you dont get the good feeling of being drunk lol.

how good thing vertigo wont effect baby:baby: :happydance: just mamma :wacko: ... hope it clears up quickly for you !

it really is not fun, I hate it, haven't started the exercises yet as have a cold that I've been fighting off since Christmas eve now, think I'm at the worst of it, so should go in a few days.
I agree it's not the good drunk feeling lol
thank you :)

Midwife tomorrow, not meant to see her till next week, but she did say if I had any concerns then to get an earlier appointment with her.
Now that I've seen a doctor about the dizzy spells its just the Braxton hicks and baby's growth. hopfully i'll be able to get another growth scan. can't see why I shouldn't be able to with previous IUGR baby.

Been in bed dizzy the last two days ! Minus pulling my self out to do the school run.. I have such a sore leg that it is giving me a limp :( and a belting headache! I have rang the gp office and the midwife can see me on the 22nd!! I haven't seen a midwife since 30 weeks :(

Been in bed dizzy the last two days ! Minus pulling my self out to do the school run.. I have such a sore leg that it is giving me a limp :( and a belting headache! I have rang the gp office and the midwife can see me on the 22nd!! I haven't seen a midwife since 30 weeks :(

That's a bit long to go with out seeing a midwife.
As for the dizzy spells, I've been told drinking more should help. for me it helped ease the dizzy spells but didn't stop them, but I found out Tuesday that it's because I have some sort of vertigo from cleaning my ears to often. naughty me thinking cleaning my ears twice a week was a good idea.
could you not get a home visit from the midwife sooner?

Had midwife today, My blood pressure is the highest it's been in the pregnancy so far. 102/54 so actually pretty normal for a change. Iron levels are 10.3 so a little lower then they'd like been put on iron tablets. taste horrible. Baby's heart rate is 150bpm. the highest it's been so far. it's always been 140 before today.
Midwife was not concerned about my growth scan but has said if my bump stops growing again or I'm still concerned in 2 weeks time then she'll refer me for another growth scan.

That's a strange one (the vertigo) learn something new everyday.. rang the midwife and she acted like she was doing me the biggest favour in the world by squeezing me in NEXT tuesday between her appointments. But only because I have been feeling ill and this "isn't my standard appointment" bit confused tbh. Arr well.

That's a strange one (the vertigo) learn something new everyday.. rang the midwife and she acted like she was doing me the biggest favour in the world by squeezing me in NEXT tuesday between her appointments. But only because I have been feeling ill and this "isn't my standard appointment" bit confused tbh. Arr well.

it's because I clean my ears to often so stuff gets into them attaching themselves to the fine hairs in my ears in turn causing dizzy spells.

still think she's left you too long. hopefully you'll find out why you've been getting the dizzy spells.
they aren't nice are they?
I have to do exercises to help mine but they make me dizzy just doing them.

What the? That's ages to not see ur midwife I've seen mine every two weeks since 28 weeks my appts will be weekly after my next one. Is that standard practice in your country? Sorry ur having such a rough time hope you feel better soon.

Had midwife today, My blood pressure is the highest it's been in the pregnancy so far. 102/54 so actually pretty normal for a change. Iron levels are 10.3 so a little lower then they'd like been put on iron tablets. taste horrible. Baby's heart rate is 150bpm. the highest it's been so far. it's always been 140 before today.
Midwife was not concerned about my growth scan but has said if my bump stops growing again or I'm still concerned in 2 weeks time then she'll refer me for another growth scan.

When was your last growth scan and how were the results?

When was your last growth scan and how were the results?

jan 2nd, so was just over a week ago, they prefer to do them 2 weeks apart if they feel theres a problem, baby is just above the 10th centile line and is measuring 2 weeks behind.
I think if I hadn't had an iugr baby the first time round who stopped growing about now then I wouldn't be worrying so much.

That's quite understandable! I hope they give you another scan for your peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->