February 2012 Testers (164)... 39 BFPs! 6 Angels.. Find a TTC/Bump Buddy Here...

I learned the very tough lesson of 'getting your hopes up' today.
It looks like I ended up with a "chemical pregnancy" today. What an awful expression... It makes it sounds like it was all in my head, and not a wonderful fertilized little bean that just didn't/couldn't stick. Don't get me wrong - better now than at 3, 4 or 6 months... it's still just so hard. I already could see my life changing with my new bundle. I think we're going to wait a bit to try again, give my body a rest.

Anyone else with experience on this? I've heard it's common with a first pregnancy. How long should I wait to let my body reset? I find it hard to imagine getting back into the 'baby making saddle' anytime soon, as I feel like part of my world just died.

I hope and pray that all of you ladies with your BFPs don't have to experience this. Best to all of you! xo

So Sorry hun to hear that :hugs: Best of luck in the future and for now im sending you lots and lots of love xxx

Sorry your little bean didnt stick babyhopes.

I don't think it's neccesarily first pregnancies, but can happen to anybody. I think it happens to many women who are not actively trying to get pregnant as we are could have a chemical and not know. Just think they have a late af.

I think you will just know when you are ready. And could always ntnp if you don't feel up to the whole ttc caboodle.

Hugs.

It looks like I ended up with a "chemical pregnancy" today. What an awful expression... It makes it sounds like it was all in my head, and not a wonderful fertilized little bean that just didn't/couldn't stick. Don't get me wrong - better now than at 3, 4 or 6 months... it's still just so hard. I already could see my life changing with my new bundle. I think we're going to wait a bit to try again, give my body a rest.

Anyone else with experience on this? I've heard it's common with a first pregnancy. How long should I wait to let my body reset? I find it hard to imagine getting back into the 'baby making saddle' anytime soon, as I feel like part of my world just died.

I hope and pray that all of you ladies with your BFPs don't have to experience this. Best to all of you! xo

I'm so sorry :hugs: I know how heartbreaking it is.. As I have experience with it.. To be honest I have experience with every possible type of early loss .. Just not a lasting bfp. After a "chemical" ( I put it in quotes because I hate the term too) you can begin ttc as soon as you feel up to it.. Your body will be ready to go pretty much around normal time.. Just you may ovulate a little bit later.. Some studies say you are even more fertile right after a chemical .. However I would reconnect ttc when you feel emotionally up to it. Miscarriages and chemicals are more common for the first pregnancy .. However they can happen to anyone.. As someone else had said.. Many women have chemicals and don't know and just figure it's a late period.

The feelings you have about this loss are very reasonable and don't let anyone else tell you different .. Be sure to grieve.. If u need anything or have any questions you can pm me or just let me know :)

Big :hugs: to you and sending my thoughts your way

I'm so sorry Babyhopes. Reading your post just broke my heart. I wish you a wonderful pregnancy in the future when you are ready to try again. Lots of love xxx

:hugs: Babyhopes. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and I'm sorry that you had to experience this. It is tough to lose your little one so early. I hope you find comfort and strength in the coming days. When you feel like TTCing again, it will be the right time for you. Just wait until you feel ready.

I've experienced early loss myself in January and it was really tough, but the support of the ladies on BnB really helped me through the tough parts. I think being able to connect with others that have gone through the same thing was really helpful...and having a place to get my thoughts and feelings out was good to have when there was so much running through my head.

I found that my body went back to normal pretty quickly, though I ovulated a couple of days later than normal the next cycle. This cycle everything is back on track. I'm hoping that I do get some of that increased fertility that every one says you get for the next three months...

But I truly hope that you can find peace and when you try TTCing again, I hope you'll get your forever BFP. :hugs:

Sorry to hear Babyhopes :(

AFM: I'm 8DPO and I did a test this morning, negative boo! My temps haven't really risen much after rising from O, not sure if this is something to be concerned about or not.

So sorry to hear!! Sending you lots of love :)

Im so sorry babyhopes. My sister in law just went through a really qawful miscarriage and it broke all of our hearts that I cant even imagine the words to describe how she felt. Im sending you lots of positive thoughts and I KNOW it is in your plan to get your BFP soon! xoxo:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sorry to hear about your loss Babyhopes! That little bean will stick next time! Stay hopeful!!

Just stopping in to say Congrats MrsMM!:happydance: So very happy for you, H&H 9 months!

sorry about your loss babyhopes. i had a chemical in september, but i dint take a break from ttc after that, and there is no prob. TTC again whenever you feel you are ready

Hi ladies, an update from me. i have been very very sick the past few days.
11 dpo - Poking and pulling kind of pain behind my belly button, only in pm
12 dpo - same + painful sides of bbs (a first for me)
13 dpo - cramping all day like AF, feeling nauseous, occasional poking pains, just slightly to the left of me.
14dpo - same symptoms getting worse, along with hot flushes,dizziness, had me in bed all day
15dpo - symptoms still worse, had me wailing in pain all day and night
16dpo- symtpoms cant get any worse, still a BFN
p.s: I have always had a 14 day LP

Any ideas ladies, do you think AF decided to come late?

Hello all - just wanted to stop in and say HUGE congrats to the newly pregnant ladies :):)

Babyhopes I am so sorry you had to experience that. :hugs:

AFM - 9 DPO tomorrow and AF due the next day. I have had every symptom in the books so if I'm not pregnant I will NEVER symptom spot again (or so I say now)...

FXd ladies!!!!

Hello all - just wanted to stop in and say HUGE congrats to the newly pregnant ladies :):)

Babyhopes I am so sorry you had to experience that. :hugs:

AFM - 9 DPO tomorrow and AF due the next day. I have had every symptom in the books so if I'm not pregnant I will NEVER symptom spot again (or so I say now)...

FXd ladies!!!!

Fingers crossed for you gaiagirl....i hope your symtpoms mean a :bfp:

I am so sorry for your loss Babyhopes. As the other ladies have already said, risk of miscarriage isn't particularly higher with first pregnancies, it can happen to anyone. i would like to reassure you that statistically, for your next pregnancy, risk of another miscarriage is not greater.

I went through a miscarriage myself this month. Let me tell you the wonderful ladies here have helped tremendously and the simple act of acknowledgement meant alot to me, because it helped me feel that even though my baby was just a few weeks old, s/he mattered.

Please feel free to pm me anytime if you have any questions or want to vent. All the best and lots of hugs :hugs:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->