February 2012 Testers (164)... 39 BFPs! 6 Angels.. Find a TTC/Bump Buddy Here...

Just popping over from march to wish all those yet to test lots of luck! Congrats to all the new BFPs, have a h & h 9 months! Xxx

Potentially stupid TTC rookie questions....

Is O always 14 days before AF starts? ie if AF is late 2 or 3 days, does that automatically mean I O'd 2-3 days later than I thought I did?

At what point does a lateAF/BFN become a concern? When should I got for a dr blood test? And how long is the wait for the results? This is killing me! :wacko:

Thanks ladies! Browsing these posts have kept me sane (sort of)... :hugs:

Babyhopes - The luteal phase which the gap between ovulation and AF should pretty much stay the same but the follicular phase (from the start of AF to ovulation) can change so unless you're confirming ov either through charting or OPKs etc, then you can't really know for sure if you're late. It is normal for women to have a cycle maybe once a year where they don't ovulate, and maybe their period would be late because of that, but it doesn't mean there's a problem. It's just a blip.

If you ovulate though, you will either get a period after around 14 days, +/- a day or two or you will be pregnant.

How long are your cycles normally? Do you chart or your OPKs?

Don't ever feel silly for asking any questions here, we're all here to help one another and share the knowledge :)

Potentially stupid TTC rookie questions....

Is O always 14 days before AF starts? ie if AF is late 2 or 3 days, does that automatically mean I O'd 2-3 days later than I thought I did?

At what point does a lateAF/BFN become a concern? When should I got for a dr blood test? And how long is the wait for the results? This is killing me! :wacko:

Thanks ladies! Browsing these posts have kept me sane (sort of)... :hugs:

To answer your question...no. Luteal phases don't change very much, but they are not always 14 days. They can vary between less than 9 and up to 16. Less than 9 days is an issue (LP defect - harder for beans to implant) anything more than 9 is fine...the longer, the better, usually.

But it is entirely possible that you ov'd later than you thought you did. There are a lot of things that can change when you ovulate, but you LP will stay the same, give or take a day or two.

I would say if you don't do it now, I would start using something to help you know where in your cycle you are. OPKs or temping. OPKs can help predict when you should ov. Temping confirms ovulation and can give you a clue as to when AF should be arriving. It will also let you know how long your LP is and so you know when to expect AF and you'll know if she's really late.

I'd say a week/week and a half late is the time, not to get concerned, but to go to the doctor and see if they'll schedule a blood test to see where your HCG levels are. I hope you'll get your answers before then though.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Well I'm suppossed to test today but I have been so sick (I think with the flu) so I'm not sure I'll have the energy to actually go get a test! No af yet, but I'm pretty sure she's on her way. Looks like I'm just going to have to wait her out! Once she does come though I get to schedule all my fertility tests so that's exciting!

FERTILITY February!!!!​

:cake:Happy Birthday HOPIN4AMUNCHE's DH!!:cake:

:test: TODAY!! ASHKNOWSBEST, BECYBOO_x, MOOSE31, and TRYING_BABY

SATURDAY 2.18.12
:wedding:Happy Anniversary LALAR!!:wedding:

:test: SATURDAY!! AMP26, ANNABABE, BABYBOYLE, and LILTRAINABELLE

:coffee::comp:Still waiting on some news, updates form you all, what's the verdict?? DIPSYSP, ROSE1990, RDY4NUMBER2, PJSTENSGAARD, SARRY2413, WINTERDAZE, MSMELODY, THAYNES, JUST 1 MORE, TTCFOR1stTIME, DARRELSMOMMY, DOODAH, KEEDA, SWEETMERE, ES89, SHAMER87, NORAHBATTIE, SHELSUNSHINE, CUPCAKELOVING, JUMKI, MOMMY2BE7772, MRSMM24, TGO, BABY_MAYBE, CAZ & BOB, ICKLE PAND, JEN_MOM24, MAZZY, SKEET9924, HAPPYBEANY, SCOOBYDRLP, BABYHOPES. and POMERANIAN :paper::test:

Sending a warm welcome to all the new joiners LEAHSMAMA hoping this is OUR month! I am so sorry that some of you are here from December/January thread!! GL FXD!:dust:

:bfp:ALERT:bfp: Wishing you a H&H 9 mos IMMY11:happydance::bfp:

SKEET9924 Ohhh, how I hope this is a BFP!!! As for OH, I am so sorry that he has said this and at this time. I do think that we often don't remember how stressful things are and the detriment to other parts of our lives and relationships. I don't typically agree with secrets in a relationship, but we have to remember that men are not good with stress as a woman is, and that they handle things completly different, in most cases by dismissing things. So I think that you should hear him out, and then make the decision to continue to TTC, without giving him all the ins and outs that could be causing him stresses (temping, OPKs and HPTs) or to go with the plan that he has. I do hope that you get your BFP this time or at least before the loss anny!!!! FXD!:dust:

ICKLE What DPO are you? I need this info before I start calling AFinto your cycle, I am soooo not a fan of AF! :dust:

KARRY1412 shouldn't be long now for OV Hun!:dust:

SJDSMOMMY yep, sounds like you are learning what alot, like, the TWWs don't end until like the 3rd trimester! Hang in there Hun!:flower:

LALAR you're right! I think about all the helpful :hugs: and ear lending that I have had since then, it has been therapuetic. FXD that you have a BFP before May Hun, I know how it feels for that date to come and not have a belly to focus on, I don't wish that for any of you!:dust:

SHOLI :hugs: I'm so sorry that you are going through this pain. Defintely continue to rest and I hope that you get some relief soon.... :dust::flower:

AC1987 :wave: Hey Hun!! How are you? How is the 2nd Trimestr treating you? :flower:

ANABABE Any news??? :dust::dust:

REBECCALO Hang in there Hun!!!:hugs::dust:

JEN_MOM24 definitely FMU!!! :dust::dust:

IMMY11 CONGRATS!!! This news comes at a good time and can help to provide that extra little bit of strength for you mom, soon to be grandmom!:dust:

BAY I am so very sorry for your loss Hun! I know how hard this can be and want you to know as you likely can see, that we are here for you for that outside of DH support. April is up ad running and we are happy to have you over there when you are ready!:dust:

LEAHSMAMA I hope that your LO is doing ok Hun!:dust:

TIGERLILLIE I think you're right and hopefully that BD session and maybe abother tonight will be precisely on time!:dust:

DEBZIE not a fan with blue dye but I defintely think backing it up with a FRER!! GL FXD!:dust:

HERCFREAK and BABYBOYLE Basically.... no :af: = good sign, still in this chase!!:dust::dust:

BABYHOPES. so many lovely ladies have already responded with the BEST advice. I will co-sign, not every one OVs 14 into their cycle and everyone has a different RANGE of LP, typically stays the within 2-3 days. I think that you would certainly benefit from charting and temping. If you take a moment to click on my chart, you can sign up for free there, as well, you can take a look at this cycle and my past cycles and see that my LP is usually 15-18 days. An LP of 10 or more is best for implantation. No cause for concern yet, as many women think their cycles are the same and they may be in the vicinity of the same amount of days, but what they cannot be certain of without outside knowledge is the OV during their "regular" cycle. Therefore, you may not be late at all for testing.... We are here if you need more info!:dust:

Ladies When you need the TTC perspective to carry you through the day, click back to page 163 to see where your egg is on its journey (The “Path”). There is a very helpful diagram that I am going to post on WEDNESDAYS. Stop by, check it out, see your eggy and get an idea of when you should test (+3 days!)

>>>On 8DPO end your post with a little SS (symptom spotting) to help everyone here as we all go through the TWW...

AFM... CD30/15DPO: Well, I have not tested again, and won't until I am at least one day late, that would be Sunday. I did take my temp a couple times after I committed to stopping, because I was testing. Not really SS either, just noticing anything that is hard to ignore, which is nothing. Cramping has subsided alot and the achey bbs has also. I am still charting and you are welcome to STALK it! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend planned, that is filled with BFP testing, BFP :sex:, OV preparations, or just a plain excellent weekend!:dust:

*First Page Updated*

Did any of you ladies get EWCM mixed with white/creamy CM before you got your BFP?

I'm 6DPO today and it seems I have stretchy CM with veeeerry sore boobs and a lot of twinges around my pubic bone if that makes sense. Been like that for the past 2 hours. Hoping it's a good sign and February really is that fertile! :D

im due tomorrow, did another poas, negative.. ffs!!!!!!!!! i know im out why do i keep testing!!!!! :'(

Don't give up just yet! I thought I was out for sure this month too, but here I am almost 6 weeks along!

Does anyone else have a craving for watermelon? Or arbys..or papa johns.. ;)

Now I have a craving for Arby's and I'm not pregnant lol

:D lol with my first I had arbys atleast twice a week! Still do eat it quite often. Love those chocolate turnovers! Might have to get some arbys for lunch :)

I wish the closest arbys wasnt 25 minutes away otherwise i would too lol.
So have you told your whole family yet?

ICKLE What DPO are you? I need this info before I start calling AFinto your cycle, I am soooo not a fan of AF! :dust:

I think I didn't ov this cycle :( but I'm pretty sure AF's on the way because I've got cramps and backache galore! I'll actually be happy just to finally start a new cycle!

Still no news here mrsMM, CD30 (2 days late) and no sign of af :shrug: I haven't tested again yet, but I'm not holding out much hope for a bfp. I don't feel pregnant at all, apart from having slightly sore bbs and I would normally get that before af anyway. The spotting that I had for the most part of last week went away completely by the beginning of the week and has yet to return. I'm starting to think maybe an annovlatory cycle for me this month and that's why of is taking her sweet time to appear? Time will tell I suppose or a bfp after the weekend :)

Ickle I feel exactly the same t this point in time. Would like either a bfp or af sometime soon!

Ugh yeah it sure is. I've felt like I don't know if I'm coming or going most of the week. Hopefully next week will bring something more definite along :)

AFM... CD30/15DPO: Well, I have not tested again, and won't until I am at least one day late, that would be Sunday. I did take my temp a couple times after I committed to stopping, because I was testing. Not really SS either, just noticing anything that is hard to ignore, which is nothing. Cramping has subsided alot and the achey bbs has also. I am still charting and you are welcome to STALK it! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend planned, that is filled with BFP testing, BFP :sex:, OV preparations, or just a plain excellent weekend!:dust:

Iv changed my mind yet again :haha:
i think its too early to test still so i am waiting it
out till sunday\monday i think and then after that i will
be waiting till AF is late if it is.. AF is due 23rd so could
you just stick me back to 23rd and i will update as i go along

FX'ed for you hun! :hugs:

Tested again this agternoon and got a stark white bfn. Thought those blue dye tests were dodgy but its all i ha e and they were free in with the cbfm trial. Ss wise I have ( clears throat)

Sore growing boobs ( not unheard if a week before af)
Cramps and twinges and a feeling of a full bladder.
A hangover type headache but have not touched a drop and am not dehydrated.
Thirsty and hungry all the time.
Metalic taste
Cm creamy/ stretchy at times.
Cp high medium medium.
Dizzyness and clumsyness
To.name a few lol.
Will post a pic of my clearblue test later. When i can get on my pc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->