February 2014 Due Dates

I need to rant. You can just ignore this post if you don't want to read it.
I just got a call from my doctor's office and the lady said that my insurance company won't cover anymore doctor visits, tomorrow's u/s or anything else... WTH am I paying for insurance for?! I kinda figured it wouldn't cover some pregnancy related stuff so I applied for Medicaid, but I haven't heard anything from that and now I have to pay for the u/s out of pocket! and she wouldn't tell me how much I need to bring to cover that....
Thank you for letting me rant.

Sorry - completely missed this when I asked yo join!
That's rubbish..... we take the NHS for granted in the UK and it's by no means perfect but I can't imagine having to go to a hospital / clinic with a card to pay for things. Really hope that the scan goes well today and it doesn't cost you too much :hugs:

Got my scam date through! The 24th July, can't come quick enough! Those with other children, did u take them with u?

I haven't got a date for my
Booking in appt though, the lady at reception took some details in a book and said the midwife will call u when I said when she said between 8/10 weeks? That's when my appt is supposed to be! It better not b a telephone appt or I won't b impressed as I have questions I want to go through. They have given me my notes already too. It's not the same docs as the one with my ds ad they have started this whole telephone consultation thing. I may move docs if that's the case.

Got my scam date through! The 24th July, can't come quick enough! Those with other children, did u take them with u?

I only went to my doctor on Wednesday, I am 6 weeks today. My doctor told me that I would have a consultation with the midwife between 8-10 weeks and the scan around 12. I am also having an early gender scan on the 17th of August at 15 weeks. My 3 boys won't be coming with me as we are keeping it a secret until we find out the gender.

Got my bfp couple of days ago, from my calculations I'm due on 13th feb.

Congrats to all of those ladies that just joined us!

Insurance Update!
My insurance hasn't covered any of my dr appts since May! WTH! But there is always a silver lining. Medicaid retroactivated to cover May, since I was already pregnant by doctor's count (May 1 my lmp)- Thank you for being a complicated way of calculating pregnancy. LOL. And I won't have to pay a cent today- :dance: Perseverance and a little annoyance goes a long way- only had to be on hold for 30 min yesterday and no hold times today.

Wishing us all a H&H9M!

Insurance Update!
My insurance hasn't covered any of my dr appts since May! WTH! But there is always a silver lining. Medicaid retroactivated to cover May, since I was already pregnant by doctor's count (May 1 my lmp)- Thank you for being a complicated way of calculating pregnancy. LOL. And I won't have to pay a cent today- :dance: Perseverance and a little annoyance goes a long way- only had to be on hold for 30 min yesterday and no hold times today.

Wishing us all a H&H9M!

Ah that's good news - yay for dating from lmp!! :flower:

akblaze and Batman909 have you two figured out a more accurate due date so that I can add your names to the main part of the list on my first post? Please update me!

Thank you baby1, I would hit the thanks button, but its gone.

Insurance Update!

Wishing us all a H&H9M!

That's wonderful! Have fun at your scan today!

Welcome and congratulations to everyone who has joined!

You all may already know about this site, but I found it and thought I'd share. It gives daily details and pictures rather than just weekly info. I hope I'm not the only one, but not having something different to read about baby's progress each day drives me crazy! Lol.

https://pregnancy.familyeducation.com/

You all may already know about this site, but I found it and thought I'd share. It gives daily details and pictures rather than just weekly info. I hope I'm not the only one, but not having something different to read about baby's progress each day drives me crazy! Lol.

https://pregnancy.familyeducation.com/

Ooh great site! :)

Thanks, Crisshae! I am the same as you-tired of reading the same thing everyday!!:thumbup:
:flower:

Ok ladies, I'm back from my u/s... and really annoyed at my doctor! He's so pessimistic. My cycles are irregular and I know that I o'd cd20 instead of cd14. He's counting from lmp instead of conception, which would be more accurate (and he won't listen). My u/s only showed a 6.5mm gestational sac (which measures around 5w1d-about where I think I should be because of late O), but my doctor thinks I should be 6w2d and rescheduled an u/s but kept saying 'possible pregnancy.' I can handle that kind of talk, but my dh was there and got a little upset. I am going back for the next u/s ALONE!!! Then I am finding another doctor, ASAP! I won't stand for a doctor making my dh miserable... Back to the u/s, the u/s tech sounded optimisitic, should I be worried? The way the doctor spoke kinda hurts... :(

Ok ladies, I'm back from my u/s... and really annoyed at my doctor! He's so pessimistic. My cycles are irregular and I know that I o'd cd20 instead of cd14. He's counting from lmp instead of conception, which would be more accurate (and he won't listen). My u/s only showed a 6.5mm gestational sac (which measures around 5w1d-about where I think I should be because of late O), but my doctor thinks I should be 6w2d and rescheduled an u/s but kept saying 'possible pregnancy.' I can handle that kind of talk, but my dh was there and got a little upset. I am going back for the next u/s ALONE!!! Then I am finding another doctor, ASAP! I won't stand for a doctor making my dh miserable... Back to the u/s, the u/s tech sounded optimisitic, should I be worried? The way the doctor spoke kinda hurts... :(

What an ass! I measured 5 weeks instead of 7 weeks myself, but the doctor was really nice and even helped us pinpoint the conception date! I would switch doctors asap if this happened to me! Sorry you had to deal with it :(

That's rubbish how he's done that. I wouldn't worry too much, if the scan fits your dates I'd say you know better, plus it's so variable at this stage. I got measured ahead of my dates at my scan which I know is completely impossible unless it was an immaculate conception! :haha:
Sure all will be fine for you :flower:

Thank you ladies! I started to worry a little last night and y'all helped.

I had planned on telling our families today, and I think I probably still will. I feel like we kept the prev pg a secret and I m/c, so I would like to try something different. I know its irrational to think that (by keeping a secret or telling) it will increase or decrease chances of m/c. I made a deal (with god) that if there was something on the u/s, I would tell the family today, and I don't want to back out because of a jerky doctor...

I had planned on telling our families today, and I think I probably still will. I feel like we kept the prev pg a secret and I m/c, so I would like to try something different. I know its irrational to think that (by keeping a secret or telling) it will increase or decrease chances of m/c. I made a deal (with god) that if there was something on the u/s, I would tell the family today, and I don't want to back out because of a jerky doctor...

Definitely - if you want to then tell them, yay!

Some doctors can make themselves look so stupid by thinking they know everything. Just because they went to school to be a doctor and we didn't doesn't mean we don't know how our body works. Good luck finding another doctor, and enjoy telling your family!

Ask friends and family about a doctor they love, and use Google. You can usually find reviews on doctors. People will write reviews about how well they listen or don't and how their bedside manner was great or not. :hugs:

Ugh, what a jerk! Don't worry, you know your body and the dates match, so that's all that matters- I would be finding a new doctor really quickly-possible pregnancy, pft-sounds like he needs sensitivity training and also needs to go back to school to relearn the part about women's cycles not always being cookie cutter 28 days and 14th day ovulation.. ugh... :hug:

Thanks Chryshae, that sites great!

Aminekoneko if you want to tell then go for it, you know your body best and as of right now you're pregnant and exactly where you would expect to be according to your dates. Good luck finding a new doc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->