February & March 2022 miracles

Phew, I feel like I've just been chilling and holding my breath since the last scan, time to catch up :D how are you ladies feeling? I have my chromosome u/s on monday, did the bloods last week and am just biting my nails until then. I have a massive fear of abnormalities, and being 35 makes me even more anxious >.<

@loeylo beautiful scan! That's kinda cute you had a student check as well, must have been fun for them to practice :D

@missielibra I feel you on the girl bit, although this is my first kid my bf has two boys (one called Rafael actually!) so he'd love a girl, I've always preferred the idea of a girl but we'll be happy either way since we don't have a mini us yet :) but both the boys are hoping for a sister, I keep telling my uterus no pressure :lol: this will likely be my only child, as even though his kids are every other week, the idea of 4 under one roof sounds like too much! :D

@SuperwomanTTC sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, is it better now? Really happy you got a sneaky u/s and got to see how bubba is doing <3

@pipsbabybean that's a bummer you have to wait extra for the u/s :( but it'll be worth it for you both to be there for it :)

Had a bit of a bleed today. Multiple times. No gushing. No pad filling but enough to worry me of course.

Booked an apt for tmrw. Since Im 10weeks theyll at least be able to use the mini echo machine to spot a HB.

@patienceiav he has good name taste haha! My boys are also asking for a sister haha. Must be something about two boys being like not another one of us!!! Hahaha. I hope you get what you're hoping for hun! And I totally get the no 4 kids haha. This is our last.

@missielibra oh dang, they saw you yesterday though? How'd it go?? <3 so strange, over here they steer clear of using machines to hear the HB because of the radiation frequency or whatever, they don't like to aim it directly at the heart so they just do visual u/s :) really hope all is well!!

@patienceiav They did see me! Oh sorry its a visual hb one too. We don't get to hear it but we see it! :)

So she did the quick check, everything seemed fine, HB was like flickering away super fast. They sent a request at the hospital to schedule me for a proper echo this week. But the dept is closed on weekends and today is a holiday so honestly I dont expect to hear before tmrw!

But at least HB!

To add to it all, daycare is closed for a second week due to a covid breakout (our kids werent identified as risk contact but we got tested.to be safe and negative). So this week hubby is taking a vacay to look after them.

It never ends!

I had my scan today, was moved forward 2 days after being moved back 3 days at my first two u/s \\:D/ am bang on 13 weeks today, hurrah! Low chance for chromosome abnormalities, so now the real celebrations begin! I can't stop sobbing when I'm looking back at the video clips they sent me (no screenshots so it's a pain in the booty to snap a good pic while it's playing!)

241253719_1502755003417370_8460061410114571437_n.jpg

@missielibra oh that's fantastic! :) seeing that lil HB is so reassuring, hopefully the bleed was just a nasty hiccup <3 i'm glad they're taking it seriously enough to give you a real scan this week just to be extra sure! Oh man, that stinks about the daycare, there's nothing more infuriating than thinking you're free to work and then the kids are like "hiiiiii" :lol:

@missielibra I'm glad that you were able to be seen so quickly and that everything seemed fine!

@patienceiav The scan is so precious!

I've been feeling pretty blah which I guess is "ok" since I felt great the first trimester. My doctor wants to see me every two weeks. Looking at the bright side, I'm happy for the opportunities to check on the baby and the time away from work lol.

Anyone else suffering from headaches? it’s been days on and off now
Starting to worry me

@pipsbabybean I have headaches and backaches like crazy. I notice that the headaches are worse when I'm slacking on my water intake. I try to drink a glass each hour and when I don't, I notice I'm getting headaches.

Thanks girls I’m trying so hard to up water it’s so hard tho sometimes

Same here! I feel that

I have to take 4 dicletin the medecine for the nausea just to be *functional* come on 2nd trimester...

Oh that sounds like something I could do with the nausea is a joke
Today has been better and I’ve drunk like a fish

@patienceiav lovely scan photo.

@missielibra seeing the heartbeat is so reassuring. I felt the same in the early weeks when I had some bleeding.

@pipsbabybean I get headaches quite alot but I think that is due to me struggling to drink water. I've been drinking dilute which is making me drink but probably still not as much as I should be.

I forgot to upload the two scan photos we got when we qent to the gender scan. We do have others but they are all on a disc, I am hoping to get some printed in the next couple of weeks.
20210909_105116.jpg20210909_105054.jpg

Well the doc doing my echo was the most cold hearted bitch I've ever met.

I have placenta abruption. Its less than 10% of the surface. But she was like, nothing I can tell you. Maybe you lose the baby maybe you don't. Nothing else to say. Were done here, you can leave.

So now Im waiting for my doc. I left a message. I dont even know if I need another echo, a follow up or what Im supposed to do.

Before her the tech was struggling to get photos because baby was just flip flopping and doing body flips all over the place.

I remembered we went to this park that had water slides when I was 5 weeks.. I did 2 kiddies slides. And now I feel like this is all my fault.

With all this I forgot the echo photos in my husbands car when we did the switch

Oh wow, that woman sounds horrible and clearly in the wrong job. You went for reassurance and came out feeling worse, no sense of care whatsoever.
I hope are ok and you hear from your doctor soon.
From what baby was doing at your scan I would say baby is very happy, I know it is difficult but try not to worry.

Thank you ladies <3 I know health workers are burned out, just felt like there was a better way to say it!

My doc did call me! She said she wished radiologist would stick to reading echo. And actually 10-20% detachment of the placenta is fairly common, but we most often don't know about it because we didn't use to do so many echos. So by the time a woman gets her 20weeks ago, no one really pay attention to 2mm of a whole placenta not touching the uterus.

She was actually quite positive and optimistic. So I'm hoping she's right. I have my NT scan + foetal dna test the 21st. She said theyll check then. If it hasnt changed then everything is good.

Little photos from the echo. Kinda blurry because little shrimp was rolling all over the place!

20210909_183210.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->