February Valentines 2012

Sex didn't hurt like I expected it to - just have lube on hand and try to relax your whole body, it may help! I was terrified, but I was relieved it wasn't as bad as the OB vamped me up to expect. That being said, I know a lot of people who said it was the worst pain they can remember, so IDK. :| lol.

I'm glad it's going well Guppy! That's so good to hear! I know Aiden, my nephew, is still learning gentle hands too. He does the same thing with the dog - he slaps his hands around like he's waving at her, but my dog doesn't get it so she runs away or barks at him thinking he's trying to play. Then he gets scared. :rofl: So it's neverending. And he doesn't quite "get" Aria - I think he thinks she's a doll. But I'm glad you're having a good time with your two cuddle boys! That's great! And thanks for the heads-up; I figure we'll never get pregnant this fast again (first try) but that's alright. :) Just kick me when I'm getting impatient whenever we go that route.

Oh Hayleigh :haha: I bet! I think when I'm actually ready, OH is going to be like !!!

SO, question time! What do you use for bathtime? I'm looking around at my options - currently using Burt's Bees and I like it, but I was wondering what else you ladies are using! I prefer something all-natural or close to it, because I have very sensitive skin myself and am taking precautions until I can better gauge how Aria's skin is. And I like Burt's Bees, but I just was wondering what everyone else prefers to use! A few people suggested a "sleepytime" bath scent, but I don't know what to try. lol

As for baby #2, im also scared of going through it all again... labor and delivery, and the first 2 weeks home were so hard. i did it once but can i do it again?!

you did it once, so thats how you know you can do it again :winkwink:

I have the sleepy time bath because some friends recommended it but so far I have only used Johnson and johnson all over body wash. I only give him a full bath twice a week per my doctors suggestion but we do wipes his face and hands several times per day. Would you agree twice a week is ok or should I be doing it more? He seems pretty clean to me.

Does anyone else do baby massages as part of a nighttime routine? I just read about this.

I absolutely LOVE the buttermilk lotion by Burt's Bees - it smells great!! Actually all their products are great, IMO.

And I use the babycakes butter on both my skin and hers (lovemybabycakes.com) and it works wonders!

I read about massages but never tried it, though think I may! I'm desperate here! :haha:

I only give Aria a bath 2x a week. We wash her hair almost daily though because she loves it, and she also gets greasy from us petting her hair. :rofl: We wipe down her hands, neck and privates with a washrag daily with warm water, but the body wash full bath only 2x a week.

Oh my i can not even think about having sex right now!! Is it just me or is anyone else still in so much pain down there? I can not stand for to long because the pressure i feel in that area hurts so bad! I feel like i still have a million stitches down there and it hurts everytime i try to wipe myself and forget about doing #2!!! I am soooo scared when i have to go because it hurts so bad ( i tore pretty bad and was about 1/2 cm away from tearing myself a new A-hole :wacko: ). It is also healing now so it is soooooo itchy. Honestly, i think the worst part of everything was the pain AFTER labor not during it. I had no idea how bad it would be and how my WHOLE body would hurt so bad. I found it more painful then the contractions!

I actually miss being pregnant and going thou labor. I felt like it just went sooo fast and i didnt have time to think or really take in anything. It felt so crazy and even though i had a long labor it really was so quick. I really wish i could go back and take it all in, i know it sounds weird but that was my first child and my first time going into labor and i will never get that "first" again. It kinda makes me really upset. You know, you wait your whole life for those moments (your wedding, first child etc....) and it is just all over in a blink of an eye.....

LOL.. sorry about the rant, i was just having a moment.. hehehe. I left Mason for the first time today for a couple of hours with my husband and when i got home it was the best feeling ever. I am so happy i did it. Mason has been attached to me at the hip since he was born and you know what they say about you don't really know what you have until it is gone. Well it was not like he is gone forever .. lol.... but just that couple of hours and when i got home i really for the first time felt that HUGE connection with him and TRULY felt like a mother and not just a milk machine. I am really happy i did it. My husband said he was a bit fussy the whole time i was gone, he wasnt bad just not really wanting to sleep but as soon as i got home and picked him up he just looked into my eyes and fell right asleep. It was the best feeling, like i really do have a connection with him.

Aw, how sweet!

Two kids, going okay here so far. La adores her brother and helps with everything. She does want to kiss and cuddle him all the time which is lovely but when he is asleep she can wake him, and also her cuddles are very, um, energetic.

I am wondering about settling him though. In the week we go to playgroups every morning and he sleeps in the sling, then will sleep if we go out in the sling or buggy in the afternoon... But at home he has stopped going to sleep in his hammock or chair unless it is bedtime. He just falls asleep on the boob and wants to be held for his sleep in the day. I know he is very young but I am wary as La never slept well, she would never nap in the day without being put to sleep (in the buggy or car or fed to sleep or rocked) and even then she didn't sleep much and dropped her daytime nap by about 18 months. She was also a bad sleeper at night until she turned two.

So, some questions:

1) how do you start to encourage a baby to go to sleep by himself? At the moment he sleeps in the sling in the morning at playgroup, or the buggy if we are out, or he falls asleep on the boob. I do put him in his bed when he is sleepy but not asleep but as he has become more alert recently he doesn't fall asleep, he just gets agitated and then cries.

2) routine - how do you manage it with an older one? At the moment he is just having to fit in with La's playgroups etc but is that going to mess him up? I guess if he gets into the habit of being able to sleep by himself he can nap whenever?

I am swinging from being very laid back and relaxed to worrying that we will be having to rock or feed him to sleep for years!

Any thoughts? Second timers?

:sad2: Engorged breasts :cry:

I stopped b/feeding yesterday, for various good reasons & am now in agony!

oh my gosh i cannot imagine having sex yet... im so scared it will hurt :( although i cannot wait until it doesnt hurt... i miss the intimacy with DH... and even at the end of the pregnancy i felt like it wasnt the same cause i was so big!

As for baby #2, im also scared of going through it all again... labor and delivery, and the first 2 weeks home were so hard. i did it once but can i do it again?!

After a c section here is no worrys of having sex, i m trying to get hubby to use condoms but he wont so he isnt getting any lol..

mumanddad - :rofl:

I'm not using anything in the bath right now as we were advised just to use plain water to start with. I'm not sure how long 'to start with' is though?? I think I will probably try Johnson & Johnson because that's what I had when I was little. Happy days!

Re: baby massage - they do free baby massages classes at my local Sure Start centre. I can't wait to try it! Apparently, in the first week all the babies cry, they second week they don't and by the end, they cry when you stop. Sounds awesome.

That's awesome about the free massages! Where can I get my free massage???? :rofl:

I started using J&J on her for bathtime immediately. :shrug: I had a sample bottle they used on her while we were in the hospital. But then when that ran out (~2 weeks?) we started with the Burt's Bees. :)

the kids' ped is a massage and herbal specalist.
She showed us some massaging techniques. Use a baby friendly essential oil and massage 3x per day, especially prior to bedtime. It usually helps with colick babies but also helps during the "granny hour" :thumbup:

guppy - my breastfeeding expert friend... :haha: what are some common foods that can give babies gas through the breastmilk ? holly is one super duper gassy baby and im really wondering if its from what im eating and why shes sleeping so crappy !
she cries when shes doing a big fart or poo :shrug: looks like she really really struggles, she moans and groans so loud!

Tiger one thing I know can cause issues is milk and dairy. I have tried to limit that a bit

Elli do you have to book for massarge group, im going to see if ours has any spaces its very popular hete x

Tiger one thing I know can cause issues is milk and dairy. I have tried to limit that a bit

milk?!?!? are you serious ? bugger ! there goes my cups of tea and cereal in the morning :dohh:

guppy - my breastfeeding expert friend... :haha: what are some common foods that can give babies gas through the breastmilk ? holly is one super duper gassy baby and im really wondering if its from what im eating and why shes sleeping so crappy !
she cries when shes doing a big fart or poo :shrug: looks like she really really struggles, she moans and groans so loud!

:haha:

milk and dairy can cause it but generally baby would be constipated as well (but not always).
Coffee can.... broccoli, cabbage, bustle sprouts.....fast food (especially cheap soy bean burgers from say mcdonalds....cheese....pretty much anything that would make you gassy can make LO gassy. Caffeine & chocolate can too.

However, do note that colostrum and early milk are natural laxatives and both cause more gas (and poops which is the point) . Most babys are gassy for the first month or two bc of these factors and bc their system (bowls, liver, etc) ,especially digestive system, is still slightly immature and smoothing things out :thumbup:

hmmm the only thing ive been eating out of that list is chocolate :( bye bye choccies ! :cry:
:rofl:
shes most definately NOT constipated as there is a poo in every single nappy i change ! but getting them out with the gas seems to be an issue for her :( she seems like its really hard when its complete water :dohh:

Ooooh I didn't realize that if babies had issues with milk constipation would also be a sign. Maybe I've been limiting my dairy for nothing! :( Kenny just seemed so spitupy that I wanted to try anything to keep the milk down for him. He seems ti be getting better... Whether he is swallowing less air, burping more, or my decreased dairy intake, he has been less gassy and spitsup way less than he used to. Still spitsup a tiny bit with every meal and every burp, but at least he's not spitting up the whole feeding!

Thanks for the tips Steph :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->