February Valentines 2012

we get 3 or more at night usually... dont sleep in the day as have a toddler, and he feeds pretty much every 3 hrs

What is the longest stretch your little one slept in the first month? Also how many of you fed on demand and how many just fed on a schedule?

I had a couple of blessed nights with 5 hour stretches, but on average we get at least one 3-4 hour stretch each night.

I do feed on demand. The first couple days I tried a schedule because it was what my husband had been taught with his first two children, but both the mw and ped said to feed on demand. Worked out well since he was up 10 oz at 2 weeks. (The doctor misread his chart at first and said we did well to be up 1 oz and was super impressed when we corrected her!)

Does everyone sleep during the day if your lo's sleep??

I try, and sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. Yesterday I got in an hour. Today I just couldn't get to sleep.

the first week i slept when holly and jesse were asleep at the same time, but like junebugs said , i think i have gotten used to the lack of sleep now !
i feed on demand, she was up every 2hours last night feeding.
and when holly first came home she slept in 6hour stretches at night! it was ahhhhh-mazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mumanddad- no there is nothing we can do about it. it hasnt happened since but weve gotten an apnea mat for under her bassinet mattress and if she stops breathing it will alarm

Can't sleep during the day with a 4 yo. :(
Once he starts kindergarten in august, though, I totally intend to sleep if he's in school and Sam takes a nap. Watch him NEVER nap while his brother's at kindergarten. :dohh:

We feed on demand sort of... Seems like he's hungry about every 2 1/2 to 3 hrs, though, pretty consistently. If he's fussy before 2 1/2 hrs, it's usually not hunger and if I try to feed him, he eats and then spits it up. Ick.

Usually we get 3-4 hr stretches of sleep at most. I'm lucky that DH has been taking one of the night or early morning feeds-- either 4 am ish or 7 am ish-- and so I get one longer chunk of sleep at some point. :thumbup:

Anyone having night sweats? DH asked me this morning if I had drooled all over the bed. :blush:

Anyone having night sweats? DH asked me this morning if I had drooled all over the bed. :blush:

I think mine have finally passed. It was awful though. Chills, then sweats. My husband joked that I was going through menopause.

Hayleigh, I can't sleep during the day either. Which may explain why I'm twitching - I slept 2 hours last night since Ms. Fussbutt had a rough night, and yet when she napped, I was cleaning. :| I'm really bad at taking naps, it's frustrating!

Junebugs, I fed on demand, and the longest she went in the first month was 2.5 - 3 hours, I'm not 100% sure. She still doesn't usually go for longer than 3, at two months. But she's a feeding machine, :rofl: Little hog.

I had horrific night sweats in the beginning. It was rancid. Thankfully those days have passed.

So... I am insane. I already have the Moby, a ring sling and a mei tei my sister made for me (plus a Bjorn that I refuse to use and some other similar carrier to the Bjorn - both were given to me used so I'm just watching them collect dust... LOL) but I went and bought the Ergo today after hearing so many great comments about it... AND I LOVE IT. Aria is still skeptical, but we wore it for a little today and it was fabulous. I figure once she adjusts she'll like it more, lol. I hope so, anyway!

I want an ergo, too. I bought a moby, and we like it... although lately we haven't been using it since I've been sick. :(
Where did you buy the ergo? I didn't know if they sell it in actual stores or if you have to buy online?

I got mine in Toys R Us. :) Buy Buy Baby also sells it in stores, as well as some 'higher-end' baby stores (non-chains) near me. I went on google shopping and searched for "in stock nearby" to get an idea, then I called to make certain it was in stock (since I didn't want to haul her there for no reason). The price was better at another store since they were doing 10% off, or Amazon - but I had gift cards for TRU so that's why I opted for there.

So... I am insane. I already have the Moby, a ring sling and a mei tei my sister made for me (plus a Bjorn that I refuse to use and some other similar carrier to the Bjorn - both were given to me used so I'm just watching them collect dust... LOL) but I went and bought the Ergo today after hearing so many great comments about it... AND I LOVE IT. Aria is still skeptical, but we wore it for a little today and it was fabulous. I figure once she adjusts she'll like it more, lol. I hope so, anyway!

Your addicted :haha:

Im looking at buying a carrier though ~ Thinking of getting the ergo, so I can use it for baby, or Hubby can use it for toddler ~ Thats ok isnt it?? :shrug:

I like the Baby K'tan from Buy Buy Baby! It's so easy to put on and comfy to wear!

Yup, the Ergo is adjustable and can carry up to 45 pounds according to the box. So it would work well for switching it up for you Kelly.

The mei tei is nice for the same reasons. Both the ergo and the mei fit hubby and myself very well and can be used for a lot longer than some of the others. My sister said the moby was useless by the time he hit 15-20 pounds because it would stretch out and not be as comfortable. And the ring sling isn't comfortable for long IMO since its all on one side.

Just my opinions :)

Ok for the past 3 nights in a row Mason has gone into a cluster feed from about 6or7 to 10 or 11 and then will sleep for about 4-5 hours after. He will be on my breast NON STOP between that time. My question is, is this a growth spurt and will it stop or do you think it is just him and it will always be like this?

Junebugs-i would think growth spurt but i ff so im not sure i guess, i only have my own expierences

What is the longest stretch your little one slept in the first month? Also how many of you fed on demand and how many just fed on a schedule?

Mumanddad- I used to sleep in the day but i seem to have gotten used to the no sleeping because i dont do it anymore.. i feel like there is so much i need to do my mind is always going and i just cant sleep.

longest in the first 4 weeks was about 4.5 hours, sure she could have gone longer when jaundiced but we were waking her to feed. but she's now gone 7 hours you'll be pleased to know :thumbup:

we feed on demand

I'm the same i've never managed to sleep when she is napping, only exception is if oh gets up with her at the weekend, I can have a lie in and go back to sleep and this morning fed her when we'd normally get up at 7 and as she went back to sleep I put her in the co-sleeper crib and she slept so we both got a lie in, oh was very happy!

you're not insane, it's a recognised addiction!! I'm going to a sling meet next tuesday and meeting a lady with a sling website on wednesday to look at her stash as I've decided I NEED a mei tai and just want to try more slings :blush: I love the ring sling too, it's so quick to get her in and out and I find it is comfy as long as the shoulder is spread right out not bunched and I use a different shoulder each day

Junebugs -growth spurt, deff. I think meg is having one too as she's feeding pretty much hourly and my boobs aren't even filling in between - bet they'll be engorged tomorrow though!

Wow, I do not know how I went a whole week without getting on here!! I've been fighting allergies from all of the pine pollen that is out in my area :( it is terrible!!

June, that sound like a growth spurt. Adelina is going through one too.

Amaryllis, I have been having night sweats and chills, I was just thinking it was from the hay fever! :haha:

As for sleeping at night, Adelina normally sleeps for about 5-6 hours at night.... but it doesn't mean that I am able to sleep :( she looks so comfy and I just have not been feeling tired.

So, yesterday I was out with one of my friends and the pediatrician called and asked how Adelina was eating. I told him she was doing really good, and he said that he was reviewing her chart from her weight check 2 weeks ago (he was out of town, and then he had hospital rounds the next week) and it looked like her weight went down a bit from the week before. I was like :saywhat:, because I was POSITIVE that she had gained 12oz. To which he asked me if I remember what she weighed, and I told him 7lbs 14oz.... turns out the guy recorded it in the computer as 7.14lbs instead :dohh: The things people cause when they do not pay attention!!

Two nights ago we had a rough night, and it looks like we might be gearing up for the same. He was very gassy, greenish poop rather than yellow (we bf), and big spit ups; no fever though. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Two nights ago we had a rough night, and it looks like we might be gearing up for the same. He was very gassy, greenish poop rather than yellow (we bf), and big spit ups; no fever though. Anyone else experience anything like this?

It sounds similar to what happened with josh. We had about 3 days where he was REALLY gassy. We got loads of spit up, he would scrunch himself up in pain and we got some green poo too. Fingers crossed he has been much better the last two days. I'm really hoping it doesn't recur as he was really hard to settle and I hated seeing him so tense.

Ok, to whomever asked about AF (can I blame it on pp brain?), I had no bleeding from about 4 days pp, unless I overdid myself (which was only 2x)..... but I started the mini-pill on Wednesday, and then today after reading the posts the witch showed up! :( Kinda felt jinxed!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->