February Valentines 2012

Well ari has enough head control now she mostly keeps her head up herself. There is a hood, though, that can be set up to give support and most people use the newborn insert in the beginning. Since I only just got it I didn't buy an insert. I just pop the hood when she decides she's sleepy.

My mei tei is high enough at the back to support her head as she's not tall enough to go above it yet lol. The ergo would actually support it too if she'd frog down a bit more or be able to get her legs around me properly but she can't yet so she stands in it and tends to straighten herself making her a bit higher lol. She's still learning to like being worn for long periods of time. She likes sprawling and stretching lol.

I just got this hands free pumping bra and I love it!!! I'm pumping now while I type this!!!

https://www.simplewishes.com/

that's awesome! and it works well, obviously! :lol: I went the lazy route and cut two holes in an old sports bra... :rofl:

LOLOL about your DH opening it at work ! Doesn't the lady in the photo look way too happy to be pumping, haha

elli, we signed with ds from about 6 mos and he was an early talker and has very advanced verbal skills now at age 4. research indicates sign language can encourage verbal skills. i highly recommend the signing time and baby signing time dvds. :)

who has a parenting journal ?
i keep forgetting about mine, so maybe if i have more stalkers i will feel like people actually care and ill post in it :haha:
https://www.babyandbump.com/parenti...ly-tigers-parenting-journal.html#post15819912

that bra scares me :shock: she looks far too happy that its creepy!

OK i am a first time mom and i have no idea if this is normal or not. When i brought Mason home from the hospital he was so good. He would eat and sleep and just look around and never really cried unless he wanted food.

Now it seems like he is NEVER happy. He is always crying or upset! I NEVER get those moments with him that he is just looking around or just content. Is this normal for 1 month old? Do they get bored? Because i will put him down and he is fine for like 3 mins then starts to cry. When i pick him up he still crys and crys and crys.

Also, is it normal for them to have so much gas when they have a poop? He has so much force behind his poops.

junebugs - holly is the same. when we brought her home she would just lie there awake in her bassinet just staring and looking around but it seems she never does this anymore. shes not happy unless shes held . i remember jesse doing this aswell.
as for the poo, again holly is the same. i said it in my post the other day, she has soooo much gas !

junebugs - holly is the same. when we brought her home she would just lie there awake in her bassinet just staring and looking around but it seems she never does this anymore. shes not happy unless shes held . i remember jesse doing this aswell.
as for the poo, again holly is the same. i said it in my post the other day, she has soooo much gas !

the problem is he doesnt seem happy even when i am holding him.... he is ok for the first couple mins. then he start to cry or whine again...

he could be getting bored as he starts to look around a little more.
is it just a fussy cry or does he sound like hes hurting ?

It starts out as a fussy cry then turns into a full out red in the face cry. He also seems to smack his lips alto and has alot of spit ups.

If he is board would he stop crying if i picked him up? He sleeps really well at night and goes right back to sleep after i feed him.

It starts out as a fussy cry then turns into a full out red in the face cry. He also seems to smack his lips alto and has alot of spit ups.

If he is board would he stop crying if i picked him up? He sleeps really well at night and goes right back to sleep after i feed him.

Hmm, not sure its boredom....Sounds more like a digestion/wind issue :baby: But im no expert, not sure whats up with my DD2 right now either

Mayby ask your HV? :flower:

Hmm, not sure its boredom....Sounds more like a digestion/wind issue :baby: But im no expert, not sure whats up with my DD2 right now either

Mayby ask your HV? :flower:

I was thinking it might be that aswell.... i booked an appointment for Friday. I gave him some gripe water tonight ( for gas/wind) and he is still fussy but it is a different cry, more of a fussy cry rather then a screaming. I also had a couple of moments where he stopped to look around. I have not had that since he was a newborn. It is also really hard to burp him after meals... It takes me 45 mins to get him to burp sometimes... It is rare that i get a burp right within 10 mins.

Sorry to hear things are rough right now Junebugs.. doesnt sound like boredom to me.. i think too gas/wind issues.. hope things get better for you soon..

Yeah, since Josh has been really gassy and I have to hold him upright for quite a while after feeds, he doesn't seem to have much awake/settled time anymore. He tends to fall asleep against my shoulder while I'm holding him upright and if I put him down I normally get about 5 minutes before he starts fussing and crying. I put some of that behaviour down to the growth spurt he's been going through as I think a lot were hunger cries. Now that I've bought a bouncy chair which can hold him upright I'm crossing fingers for a bit of awake and content time. I haven't had my first smile yet which they say is about a month and I really want one! There have been smiley faces but I think they're wind not intentional and it's so beautiful, I want one directed at me!! :brat:

I'm waiting for a smile too! I keep smiling at J hoping he will copy me!

How is everyone "entertaining" baby during their awake time? So far I've done reading and singing every day, but it's very repetitive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->