February Valentines 2012

junebugs - holly is the same. when we brought her home she would just lie there awake in her bassinet just staring and looking around but it seems she never does this anymore. shes not happy unless shes held . i remember jesse doing this aswell.
as for the poo, again holly is the same. i said it in my post the other day, she has soooo much gas !

Totally agree! Kenny has all the same stuff going on. Also his stomached gurgles sometimes. Could it be gas?

Has anyone tried using Little Tummys gas drops? I have some but have not used it.

Is it bad that Kenny hasn't pooped since yesterday morning? That was a very gassy and wet full poop...it leaked out the diaper!

I'm waiting for a smile too! I keep smiling at J hoping he will copy me!

How is everyone "entertaining" baby during their awake time? So far I've done reading and singing every day, but it's very repetitive!

I just talk to him.... I was thinking of starting to read one of my books out loud to him! :)

I got my first smile the other day... Actually my dad did! Three in a row. I was there and witnessed it , it was so cute! Kind of wish it was directed at me! Lol

Corbyn has smiled 3 times - but no matter how much I try to get him to do it again he wont x

Totally agree! Kenny has all the same stuff going on. Also his stomached gurgles sometimes. Could it be gas?

Has anyone tried using Little Tummys gas drops? I have some but have not used it.

Is it bad that Kenny hasn't pooped since yesterday morning? That was a very gassy and wet full poop...it leaked out the diaper!

I gave it last night and this morning. He was really fussy this morning after feeding him. He spit everything up and i re-feed him and he was still really upset, crying and grunting alot. I gave some gripe water and he had 2 poops in a row and for once they didnt have a load of gas with them... they actually sounded normal and now for the first time he is just sitting happy in his chair. I think the gripe water made a HUGE difference!

Oh that's awesome!! I decided to try the drops... I don't hear his stomach gurgling anymore! So hopefully it works

When do you think is the best time to give it? Before or after feedings?

Joker, your 1 month breast feeding milestone badge made me smile as I just reached 1 month yesterday and I realised that's such a good achievement. It is hard work. Yay us! :happydance:

Yeah I felt pretty proud since I wanted to give up several times due to it being painful.... But we pushed through! Hooray!,,,

Im gonna start a thread in 'baby club' asking which wind/colic drops worked best for others LO's....

Will post the link on here when ive done it :winkwink:

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/908463-wind-colic-product-worked-your-lo.html#post16083503

When do you think is the best time to give it? Before or after feedings?

I am not sure... I dont know if i had given him it before the feeding this morning if it would have made a difference at all and if he would have still spit everything up or not.:shrug:

We were using gripe water when Aria went through her super gassy/reflux-y stage, but I don't think it did much. :shrug: She liked the taste, but she still seemed to have lots of gas and whatnot after taking it. lol. The good thing is that she outgrew that phase, and her tummy has been a lot better recently. :)

I can't believe Aria's ten weeks on Saturday! Eek!

And I finally caught some intentional smiles with my camera! :D She gave her first intentional smile to me weeks ago, I cried because it was so precious. But the camera or phone comes out and she usually goes :| - so getting a good picture hasn't been easy. Finally, we're making progress!

Hope you ladies are able to find good remedies for your poor gassy babies soon. :( It's definitely no fun!

Attachments

• IMG_1482.jpg
    IMG_1482.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 6
The thing about gripe water and gas drops is that they make it easier for the baby to pass gas or burp so they're not uncomfortable. So having her pass has might have meant it was working!

I wish I could know if the gurgling I'm hearing in Kenny's stomachs is gas or just his body digesting. And he is sooooo spitupy! I know they say it always looks like more than it is, but seriously irks frustrating when it looks like so much.

Wow Swan ~ 10 weeks! :shock: Time has literally flown

She is beautiful :baby::cloud9:

The thing about gripe water and gas drops is that they make it easier for the baby to pass gas or burp so they're not uncomfortable. So having her pass has might have meant it was working!

I wish I could know if the gurgling I'm hearing in Kenny's stomachs is gas or just his body digesting. And he is sooooo spitupy! I know they say it always looks like more than it is, but seriously irks frustrating when it looks like so much.

I know exactly what you mean... Mason seems to be having the exact same thing as kenny right now. i gave some gripe water this morning because he was grunting so much and i can not get over the amount of gas he passed, at both ends!!! He was so happy after he passed it all. It works sooo fast for him!

beautiful picture, swan!

samuel's belly makes noises when he eats... it's weird... :shrug:
and while we're on the subject of gas... sometimes when I'm trying to burp him, he doesn't burp, or it's just a little one... but he's passing lots of gas out of the other end while he eats, and sometimes when I'm trying to burp him... does that "count," iykwim?

holly usually spews all over my boobs half way through a feed and then does some awesome poo explosions (the out the sides of the nappy types and over mummy ) while im feeding her so i just have to sit there until shes finished :/ such a lady my daughter is :rofl:

Josh had such bad gas in the night...or I'm assuming it was gas. When I fed him in the middle of the night and then tried to burp him he was literally screaming in pain. I've never heard him scream like that before and it got DH out of bed too. After about 10 minutes, he stopped screaming so I guess it was gas. Took ages to settle him back down. He's been a bit off for the last 2 days. He threw up all of his milk yesterday lunchtime, about an hour after eating he just threw up all down my top, my jeans and the carpet. Poor little guy :( It's reassuring to know we're all going through this at roughly the same stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->