February Valentines 2012

I admit the first few times I did it, I made a huge mess. But then again, I make messes without doing them together - today Aria released and I hit the dog from halfway across the room. :| She was thrilled, of course, which made me feel even more skeezy. LOL. Power pumping FTW! I bet you see an increase soon with all that pumping! I know I noticed one after my bouts of pumping recently.

I don't CD, but I've wanted to try. OH is skeptical. I saw some nice ones at the consignment sale I went to today, but I didn't know enough about CD to know what to buy, what's good, etc. I am going to research a bit though, maybe get 1 or 2 and try my hand at it when hubby is at work. lol.

Oh, so two days ago Ari started taking pacifiers. Out of the blue, we noticed she was inclined to take one of the MAMs that we had gotten, and managed to keep it without spitting it out (like she always did in the hospital with the soothie). So on occasion we'd give it to her, like this morning at 6 when she didn't want to fall back asleep and was fussing because she wanted to play and I had to get a shower - so in it went and she amused herself until I was done in the shower.

Well I called my mom on the phone a half hour ago and had just fed and changed Aria. She began to whimper and fuss. Still chatting, I feed her on the other side. More fussing. I begin to panic - shit, is my supply dying? How is that possible, I pumped over 4 oz in one sitting earlier! I check her diaper - nothing. Burp her, nothing. She's farting no more than usual, but often - because she's a fart bomb - so I don't think it's trapped wind. I rock her, etc. etc. and nothing works.

I remember the MAM. I grab it, offer it... she's out like a light within 2 minutes.

Face. Palm.

anyone using cloth diapers? i want to try it...

I don't CD, but I've wanted to try. OH is skeptical. I saw some nice ones at the consignment sale I went to today, but I didn't know enough about CD to know what to buy, what's good, etc. I am going to research a bit though, maybe get 1 or 2 and try my hand at it when hubby is at work. lol.

Someone pointed out this program in another thread: https://www.jilliansdrawers.com/products/clothdiapers/tryclothfor10/tryclothfor10

You can put down a deposit and try cloth diapers for 3 weeks for $10! I think it may be the only chance of convincing OH to do it.

anyone using cloth diapers? i want to try it...

We do, we've got a mixture of: shaped nappies that go with a waterproof wrap, pocket nappies where you stuff material into the pocket and prefolds which are just squares of fabric that you fold into a nappy, secure with a snappi and cover with a wrap. I found this summary on another forum:

"I have microfibre (bulky but dry next to bum, very fast to dry), organic cotton (less bulky, stain badly, more absorbant than microfibre), bamboo (take ages to dry, very slim fitting, very absorbant)."

We also have these 3 and I'm preferring the cotton at the moment as it's so absorbant, it's so rare to have leaks, even in an overnight nappy :)

Happy to answer any questions, I'd recommend getting or borrowing one or 2 of each type and seeing which suits you, we've tried bambino mio, cotton tots, totsbots and motherease. Not sure what's avail in the US but Motherease rikki wraps are by far the best so try to get some of those, as they're velcro you can adjust them right down, we have a mixture of small and medium and both fit Meg fine, she's 11 lb now. I'll try to get some action shots, huge cloth bums are v. cute:haha:

We just started pacifirs last weekend... It was in a panic when we were out and he wa crying and I remembered. Had one in th diaper bag. It worked! Now we give them to him here and there. But I didn't put him to sleep with one yet at night because we tried that once and he cried everytime it fell out and we kept gong back in to put it back. Maybe once he can hold it in better! We have the "wubbanub" for car rides and he loves it. That stays in a little better :)

Ugh. Pacifiers. Both a godsend and a headache. Both my boys have always cried when they were almost asleep and the paci fell out. I have found the only way to use it for sleeping is to take it out when they're almost asleep before you put them down, or wait until it falls out and then put them down. Pain in the butt.

Thanks ladies... I am going to check out that website. I have done a little reading on the natural parenting forum but it always overwhelms me... and it's hard for me to weed out what's available in the US as opposed to the UK, too.

So I checked out Jillian's Drawers, and it looks really promising... keeping in mind that I don't necessarily have to eliminate disposables all together... And they say you can keep the whole package or just a few. The only thing I don't like is that you have to pay to return them after the trial, plus you pay shipping to you. So with the $10 to try, it's essentially like $30... Still. I don't know anyone who can loan me some to try, and this way I could try all the different kinds.

We use cloth, Bumgenius V4s. Really happy with them so far, they hardly ever leak and can go all night. And such pretty colours!

I'm leaning towards the bumgenius... I like the way they look. Are they easy for a first-timer?

Sam will do that, too, where he is fussy for no apparent reason and then he spits up or poops or farts... (hehe can I say 'fart'?:haha:)... and then he's happy again. :shrug:

My ergo came yesterday. My four year old likes to be carried on my back (he's only about 30 lbs). Sam didn't like it yesterday but today he's happy and in it right now. :) But I can see where the infant insert will be really hot in hot weather. So hopefully we won't need it much into the summer, and if we do... we'll be using the moby, I think.
So far, I like the ergo better for my shoulders, neck, and back, but I like the moby better for sitting and it's less bulky for getting things done around the house. I can't really see over the top of the ergo for like, making a sandwich or something.
(haha am I the only one who eats while wearing their baby... and gets crumbs on him? at least it's only pb&j, not hot soup or anything.)

I hope your not carrying your 4 year old right now ~ you need to take it easy :hugs:

Which carrier do you find best after your csection? :shrug: ~Im literally soooo confused of which carrier to buy, id like one that hubby can carry dd1 in & i can carry dd2 :thumbup:

I only carried him on my back through the house a couple times. He knows I can't do more than that.

Specifically related to the c-section, I like the moby because I can tie it higher. The ergo is sort of uncomfortable on my abdomen right now.

I only carried him on my back through the house a couple times. He knows I can't do more than that.

Specifically related to the c-section, I like the moby because I can tie it higher. The ergo is sort of uncomfortable on my abdomen right now.

Thankyou ~ Will look more at the moby then, is that suitable for new babies & older ones? :shrug:

I got told off at the Doctors Friday, as id been lifting my DD1 onto the slide, the Doctor said it can prolapse your uterus! :shock: She said we mustnt lift more than 8kg

The good news from the Doctor though ~ I am allowed to drive again :happydance: Not that im up to taking 2 small 'uns out at the mo'.....To much like hard, hard work! :dohh:

How are you healing? :flower:

prolapsed uterus :shock:
ive HAD to pick jesse up many times to put him in his cot etc or during tantrums and hes 17kg (37lbs) .
also ive still got awful awful pain right above my wound :cry: i think its the muscle but im not sure. its about 1.5/2cm above my wound and its rock solid and it hurts bad !!
in other news..... jesse is 2 today !

prolapsed uterus :shock:
ive HAD to pick jesse up many times to put him in his cot etc or during tantrums and hes 17kg (37lbs) .
also ive still got awful awful pain right above my wound :cry: i think its the muscle but im not sure. its about 1.5/2cm above my wound and its rock solid and it hurts bad !!
in other news..... jesse is 2 today !

I know, its impossible for us to not pick up the LO's....But I think that after the Doctor told me that, im gonna try & keep the carrying minimal :thumbup: Its so easy to 'feel better' & then over do things!
Sorry you have a pain, I would ring for advice on that, as I have no idea what that could be?? :flower:

Happy Birthday Jesse :bunny: Have a lovely day :cake:

happy birthdat to your son tiger hope you all have a wonderful day :)

Yay for Jesse's birthday! :happydance:

Kelly, from what I've heard, wraps like the Moby and other similar stretchy wraps work well for a period of time, but once the baby hits a certain weight, they begin to stretch too much and droop a bit. Aria already kind of slides down if I wear her for "too long" - she's 11 pounds. My sister stopped using hers by the time Aiden hit about 15, I think, because it was too droopy. So that's the only 'downfall' that I really know of with the Moby. I used to think it was too complicated but I can whip it up really quickly now and I absolutely love the versatility for wearing!

Can you guys checkout my other thread.... Any insight?
https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/915289-baby-gets-hives-while-breastfeeding.html

Happy birthday Jesse :thumbup:

Kelly the Moby is more suited to tiny ones, A mei tai might be good for you, you can get ones that have a drawstring or snap to sinch in the base so a tiny baby can go in, they can be worn high on your front for littlies (straps go round your waist so should be high enough to avoid your scar) or on you back for toddlers and the straps are long enough to fit different adults.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ezuT6cVMMo

also look at ring slings, these suit babies and toddlers and can be worn high https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdP_KcN20uw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUK5rBn5-lk

I agree, the moby works better for little ones. That was my justification for buying the ergo. :) But on the upside, the moby isn't that expensive in comparison, and you can have something similar made for you (or make it yourself but I'm not that talented) for even less. IMO, it's a worthwhile investment if you want to wear your baby right away.

I haven't actually lifted DS at all... though he's only around 30 lbs (14 kg?). Even when I carried him on my back in the ergo, which I'm NOT doing regularly anyway, he stood on the couch and climbed on my back and then I buckled him in.

I'm healing pretty well. I basically have no pain unless my covering moves and rubs against my incision. And even then, it's bearable.

Happy birthday to Jesse! tiger, I hope your pain is nothing serious... I'm not sure what it could be...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->