February Valentines 2012

I did see loads of information about how to make your own Moby wrap, but it was after my sister had already lent me hers, so I was like, "Meh." :rofl: But there is always that option!

eta//

https://monkeysewmonkeydo.blogspot.com/2010/03/make-your-own-moby-wrap-tutorial.html

or a no sew option:

https://www.mommyheadquarters.com/2011/10/make-your-own-no-sew-moby-wrap.html

And Moby's website has directions on how to wear it, as well as youtube, so that's always handy. :)

swan, that's awesome that you can make one w/o even sewing!! I don't sew, so figured that wasn't an option. now i'm thinking if i could find some really neat fabric on clearance, i could make a second wrap for myself... you know, as a backup. :)

I considered doing it myself too so I could give back my sister's Moby! lol. But I haven't yet... lazy. :haha:

Happy birthday Jesse :thumbup:

Kelly the Moby is more suited to tiny ones, A mei tai might be good for you, you can get ones that have a drawstring or snap to sinch in the base so a tiny baby can go in, they can be worn high on your front for littlies (straps go round your waist so should be high enough to avoid your scar) or on you back for toddlers and the straps are long enough to fit different adults.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ezuT6cVMMo

also look at ring slings, these suit babies and toddlers and can be worn high https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdP_KcN20uw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUK5rBn5-lk

Awesome ~ Thanks so much for the videos & information :thumbup:

I agree, the moby works better for little ones. That was my justification for buying the ergo. :) But on the upside, the moby isn't that expensive in comparison, and you can have something similar made for you (or make it yourself but I'm not that talented) for even less. IMO, it's a worthwhile investment if you want to wear your baby right away.

I haven't actually lifted DS at all... though he's only around 30 lbs (14 kg?). Even when I carried him on my back in the ergo, which I'm NOT doing regularly anyway, he stood on the couch and climbed on my back and then I buckled him in.

I'm healing pretty well. I basically have no pain unless my covering moves and rubs against my incision. And even then, it's bearable.

Happy birthday to Jesse! tiger, I hope your pain is nothing serious... I'm not sure what it could be...

Glad your healing well :flower: When are you allowed to drive again? I am allowed now, well, at 3 weeks here in Australia!! :shock:

My dr says not until 6 weeks. I'm not even supposed to ride in a car.
I've only gone home from the hospital (obviously) and then we took Samuel to his dr's appt at 2 weeks. We all four went-- DH, DS, me, and Sam. There's no way I could have done it on my own, even if I had been allowed. I haven't been out otherwise. This Wednesday is Sam's 4 wk appt and we will possibly be going to visit my dad's gf afterwards since she had foot surgery the day after my section and can't go out much either. I told her we'll see how I'm feeling. At two weeks, I felt awful by the time we got home. Every bump we went over, it felt like my incision was being ripped open again. :(

wonder why they are letting me drive at only 3 weeks??My last 3 csections it was 6 weeks too :shrug:

Kelly i was told 6 weeks too but i was driving by 4 weeks because matt was sent away x

I'm leaning towards the bumgenius... I like the way they look. Are they easy for a first-timer?

I'm a first timer and I find them really easy.I don't have anything to compare it to though, because we've never tried sposies. We have to wash a load every day which I was apprehensive about, but it's actually really easy and they dry in about 10 hours.

I also posted this on FB but for those who are not on the FB group, I thought I'd share something I tried that seemed to help with my gassy little baby. :)

Last night Ari was super gassy. Now that she poops every other to every third day, she's been gassier (and her poops are explosive, lameballs). She was fussing and fussing and fussing so I started reading online because I was tired of bicycling her legs because it wasn't seeming to help. She is a difficult baby to burp, so I think that plays a part in it.

Anyway, I read to use a yoga ball. First, I gently bounced on it with her on my lap. Yeah, she hated that. lol. But it got out a tiny burp, so I persisted. I lay her down, tummy against the ball, and held on to her hips. We did small circles and bounced a tiny bit. Ari seemed to love this for awhile - she didn't fuss about being on her tummy for 10 minutes, and that's monumental! She both burped quite a bit and also was farting up a storm. Nice! Then I held her in the "colic carry" for a few minutes, in which she seemed completely happy. Once I passed her off to Chris after this, he burped her on his shoulder and she promptly spit up with a big burp, and then was quite happy and content again.

LOL.

SO. Desperate times, desperate measures.

Argh. My computer is being stupid. I'll try again. :/

swan-- thanks for sharing that. Samuel seems to be gassy and hard to burp, too. A lethal combination.
What's the colic carry?

monkeydo-- So the bumgenius 4.0 are pockets with an insert? What do you stuff them with? Do you feel like they fit Jasper well? What about the bumgenius all-in-ones? I see where they come in newborn... and they look easy?
Anyone else feel free to answer, too. :) I'm grateful for the advice.

https://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/photo-gallery/soothing-a-crying-baby.aspx#/slide-11

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pic_centric/3451011855/

That's how I carried her around for like, an hour. LOL.

Ah.
I usually just carry Sam on his side, with his belly against me. Sometimes it works. I'll have to try some of the other techniques.

i had no idea that was the colic carry! thats how we cary holly when shes screaming all the time lol

Argh. My computer is being stupid. I'll try again. :/

swan-- thanks for sharing that. Samuel seems to be gassy and hard to burp, too. A lethal combination.
What's the colic carry?

monkeydo-- So the bumgenius 4.0 are pockets with an insert? What do you stuff them with? Do you feel like they fit Jasper well? What about the bumgenius all-in-ones? I see where they come in newborn... and they look easy?
Anyone else feel free to answer, too. :) I'm grateful for the advice.

They are a pocket, they come with 2 inserts, a thin "newborn" one and a bigger one, we just used the newborn for the 1st 4 weeks but have graduated to the regular inserts which last all night for wees, we change him for poops but I reckon they would last all night if he didn't wake. They seem to fit fine, we had a couple of days when he was "between" popper sizes and there were someleaks but nothing since then. I haven't tried the all in ones.

My LO has been really unsettled today, eating, crying, eating, crying, eating :wacko:

Did I read there was a 1 month growth spurt? :shrug:

My LO has been really unsettled today, eating, crying, eating, crying, eating :wacko:

Did I read there was a 1 month growth spurt? :shrug:

Yep!! That is exactly what happen with Mason.... he did that for 14 hours straight

uh oh. sam is 1 month tomorrow... fx'd he didn't get that memo!! he's been really calm lately... :)

eta: he HAS been hungrier lately tho... :shrug:

Junebugs....did it happen again? :shrug: Or was it a 'one off'??
uh oh. sam is 1 month tomorrow... fx'd he didn't get that memo!! he's been really calm lately... :)

eta: he HAS been hungrier lately tho... :shrug:

Happy 1 month Sam :cake:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"