Felt like giving up, Got new hope!!

TTC- that story is so cute. I bet he was so proud to see you cross the finish line.

I'm still in a haze-I just got my beta and progesterone levels- 115 and 21.5, which the doctor is happy with. Unfortunately I have to go out of town tomorrow :wacko: but I can get blood drawn out there to make sure the levels are rising as they should.

Wow, I can't believe after 2 1/2 years, I can get a BFP. Just goes to show you, you can't give up. I think the vitamin D also helped :) No evidence, just my intuition.

Xan I am so happy for you! This is a beautiful day!! Glad you're able to get your blood drawn while out of town. Numbers are beautiful and I just know they're going to keep getting bigger :)

Xan- congratulations!!!!!! I'm so happy for you, that's such great news after trying so long. Yay!!!!

AFM - thanks y'all I had such a great time and the surprise from DF is one I will never forget. Hoping time speeds up to Tuesday so I can do my test and get it over with lol.

Xan - great numbers, that's nice you can get bloods done even out of town.

Ttc - Tuesday will be here before you know it and you will be even closer to your bfp .

AFM - have I mentioned I hate opks lol. The one I did yesterday was lighter than the one I did Tuesday and yesterday I had cm ,like I feel like I peed myself cm. We are bding of course any way I'm just getting frustrated I want to O so I can get the rest of the tests done.

Great numbers, Xan! I know they'll keep going up, too! Looking forward to hearing about how you told DH when you come back from your work trip!

Leetie - I hate OPKs so much, lol. Are you going to count Tuesdays as positive or...? I guess your chart didn't have an O drop? What would the docs do if you didn't O?

Forgot to mention - The serum integrated test + NT came back negative for down syndrome and neural tube defects. I didn't think there would be any problems, but still good to hear!

Hows dragonfly and baby dragonfly?

TTC, AF gone yet?

Lab - that's great the test came back negative I bet it gives you some peace of mind. If I don't O again this cycle and AF shows I'm just going to call her and beg for drugs lol. I honestly don't know what they would do I would really hate to have to wait another long cycle.

I have such a horrible memory. Are you on progesterone or anything to help with O'ing Leetie?

Xan- Idk about the numbers but it looks like they are good according so everyone else so yay!!!! lol. I really don't know about all these tests and numbers and such. Y'all are far beyond my level.

AFM- I'm having a painful AF. Luckily no sore boobs but terrible cramps. My body is hating me. I promised DF I will rest tomorrow. I did 175miles in July so I hit my goal. Now I'm gonna rest for a couple days. Hoping AF goes away soon so I can feel better. Hope all you ladies are well.

TTC- hope you feel better soon. You have been giving your body a big workout, so resting sounds good.

The HCG test measures how much pregnancy hormone you have in your blood- the same one HPTs measure. It varies wildly between people (5-400 or so for week 4), and doubles every 48-72 hours. So they want to test it again today to make sure it's doubling. Progesterone helps to support the pregnancy (though I'm not exactly sure how) so they want to see it between 10-30 when you are about 4 weeks pregnant.

Lab- glad that you have one less thing on your mind :)

AFM- I actually was so in shock when I tested- it was the day before I left town, and I felt so guilty because I knew DH was taking care of the dog all night, but I woke up and just needed to test. So I POAS and saw the evil single bar showing up, took my thyroid medication, and looked back down at it. My first reaction was that I was squinting too hard, so I walked out into the living room where DH was with the puppy. He said the look on my face was priceless. I asked him if I was imagining it and he said no. Well, it was one of the blue dye tests which are known for having evap lines, so I told him it was probably just an evap line and not to get too excited. I had actually collected my urine (sorry if TMI), so I dipped a FRER and we both watched as the line came up pretty much right away.

He's been so sweet, but he keeps calling me baby mama. I keep telling him we're not having a baby, I'm just pregnant. It might sound like a weird distinction, but I don't want to get ahead of myself, at least until after the first trimester.

Just got the results back from my hcg today- numbers went from 115 to 260 in 2 days, almost exactly the doubling they want to see :)

That's excellent news Xan! They're going to keep going up and up :)

TTC - I hope you feel better soon:hugs:

Lab - Yay about the negative results!

Leetie - Sorry about the opks giving you trouble, they are so frustrating :( I hope that you wont have to use them anymore.

Aww Xan that's cute, I know your DH must be so excited, too! I understand the pregnancy vs baby thing. I have no doubt you'll be at 12 weeks before you know it and breathing a sigh of relief! Then you'll just get random episodes of panic that you'll talk yourself back from ;P He'll be taking care of that puppy quite a bit - you'll be dead on your feet before you know it! Feeling any symptoms at all, yet?

TTC - I hope your AF witchiness goes away soon! Sounds like you deserve some rest!

Leetie- I think you should show your charts to your ob, tell her how long your cycles are, and not leave until you have clomid! Easier said than done, I'm sure, but you've been through enough opk trauma already. I think Lab is right, it sounds like you may have some O issues, and that is the problem to have because it is easy enough to fix :)

Symptom-wise, nothing really to report. Funny, all these cycles I had all these symptoms leading up to BFNs and this cycle nothing really at all. Once I got the BFP, though, I started looking back at my symptoms. I do have a little pressure and a pulling pain in my lower belly, much less than AF. I was also constipated, which was weird because we decided to high fiber 3-day and DH had the opposite problem :haha: I chalked that up to the vitamin D I was taking. And then a few days ago I started having weird back pains. Not high like you would expect from stress/bad posture, and not low like kidney pains. Right there in the middle. Again I chalked it up to chasing around a puppy all day. And I was exhausted, but then again, I think that was the dog. Now that I am out of town I actually feel like I have quite a bit more energy, even though I slept only 6 hours last night, they were 6 solid, uninterrupted hours :)

BTW- labgal, what does the lab in labgal stand for, if you don't mind me asking?

Xan - yay numbers are great. It will probably take time for it to sink in that your pregnant. I have a fear that when I finally get my bfp I won't be able to really be excited because I've had so long to think about it. If that makes any sense. My doctor know my cycles are long she even made a comment when my tests came back normal that if we could just get my cycles shortened it would help. So I plan on the next time I go in to tell her that I want clomid now lol. I actually had a dream last night that me and dh went to the pharmacy to pick up my clomid prescription and it was a powder inside little triangles inside a jar and it said to take 44 times a day lol.

Ttc - you deffinitley deserve a break. Get some rest I hope AF leaves soon.

My opk yesterday was actually almost positive yay. I had a temp dip this morning and my boobs are a little sore so I don't know if I already O'd or will soon. Guess I have to wait and see what tomorrows temp is.

Xan congratulations. I am absolutely thrilled for you!!

HCG came back at 762, almost perfectly 3x the previous level 3 days earlier! One more HCG test, and then I schedule the ultrasound!

Beautiful news Xan!! So thrilled for you, can't wait for that u/s - it's going to be magical :)

Leetie - Looking at your chart the temp dip on CD31 may be O date! Fingers crossed this is it and you won't have to go marching into your doctors office to demand the Clomid.

Xan -woohoo! can't wait to hear those last numbers and find out when your u/s is!

dragonfly - thanks I really hope I did O. I called my doctor to schedule the post coitle test because its supposed to be done right after O and the office said she was at the hospital and should be back by 1. I never heard from her. I hope maybe she just got busy i'm pretty sure they are closed now.

Hi Leetie- fx'ed the doctor can see you tomorrow, and that there will be no need for clomid next cycle ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->