Felt like giving up, Got new hope!!

Doc didn't increase dose due to high chance of multiples but also it looked like I ovulated based on blood work....I did 3rounds clomid...my cycles were 28 days and now back to 40+... I realize last two months my cycles were 32 & 35 since I was going to gym...but due to fasting this month no gym plus I wonder if it has to do with body messed up due to not eating or drinking entire day....regardless I have had irregular cycles forever...this month got three positive opk yet 1reading on progesterone blod work...
Thanks for welcoming me:)
My appt is next we'd ...i m very nervous!

Hello, Jannah. Of course you can join us :) Welcome!

Maybe the doc didn't give you a high enough MG the first time you did clomid. Do you do temping at all, so maybe if you do another cycle you can confirm O if they don't monitor you? How many cycles did you do clomid for?

I hope your RE can give you some insight and help!

Thanks so much!!! We got hsg, semen analysis,day3fsh, n also pelvic ultrasound...all looks good beside my eggs not releasing...
On clomid I felt really dry wonder if that also was an issue....hate clomid side effects...

Xan - It's definitely worth looking into to see if your dr will give you the Clomid before your trip just in case. Gosh that is strict, awful that you had to be jabbed so many times too. For the ovulation I'm not sure, I think they do a blood draw? When they were going to put me on femara I was to go in for 3 days after getting a positive opk.

Lab - Oh that would be so exciting to have a new years baby!! I hope your feeling is right :) My LMP puts me ahead a week but since I O'd so late calculating with my O date was more accurate at the start.

I would say I can't believe he would refuse you to work on him, but to be honest it doesn't surprise me. Grumpy old men are out there who believe women can't do anything. Glad you had warning and good job on keeping your cool:thumbup: Pregnancy has made my filter disappear lol

Jannah - Welcome! You fit right in with all of us, we've all have/had wacky cycles. You're on the path to get all sorted out and every lady in this group is such a massive support through everything I don't know what I'd do without them!

Jannah - Glad to hear the rest of those tests came back good! With the dryness have you tried any lube? DH and I used PreSeed and we both really enjoyed it. It didn't leave me feeling gross down there like other lubes lol.

I actually got pressed but I felt like it became too wet for me (tmi)...maybe I have to use less ...

Jannah - Glad to hear the rest of those tests came back good! With the dryness have you tried any lube? DH and I used PreSeed and we both really enjoyed it. It didn't leave me feeling gross down there like other lubes lol.

Jannah - it's great the rest of your tests came back good! I'm sure it's just a matter of time on the clomid. I hate going to the doc appointments, too, but it sounds like you have the hard parts out of the way! If clomid didn't work in 3 cycles for me, my OB was going to up the dose, but of course it comes with increased multiple risk, so if you're Oing on 50mg, that's a personal decision to make. If your doc is like mine you have a good 3 more cycles of the clomid to try before moving on to iui, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I know of ladies who got a bfp after 4-5 cycles so I'm hoping that will work for you!

Leetie - the easiest way to describe what I do is that I'm an opthalmic pharmacist, I work with rxs and treating/correcting visual problems and eye diseases.

Its a fine job, I can't complain about pay or benefits but I went to college for neuroscience and counseling, but when I graduated was exactly when the economy crashed and every job in the field wanted at leastfive years experience, and all I had was internships. I hope to get in to what I went to school for at some point, though there are pros and cons to making a switch.

Thank you labgal...you gave me some hope....I just don't want iui as insurance don't cover it and we are one income currently...
I am also from neuroscience background but on the research end of thing...I worked with kids with epilepsy but I just wanted time off n resigned few months ago...
Wednesday appt is not too far....will let u all know.
Ps I don't mind multiples so upping dose will be okay for me pending doc approval

Ttc - how are you feeling? did the pains go away?

Lab - That's good you like your job. I hope that if you ever decide to switch you find a good place to work for.

Jannah - your appointment will be here before you know it. I hope the doc gives you some answers and will let you up your dose.

Jannah - Your appointment is right around the corner :) Try using a little less preseed, I know with us a little went a long way so we didn't need all that much.

Lab - It's great that you do enjoy your job, but if you ever do switch I'm sure something excellent will come along :)

Hey ladies!!
Xan- hopefully they can prescribe the clomid before!
Hi Jannah!! I might be off but I thought when u weren't releasing and egg they put u on progesterone? What I gathered from my dr the clomid helps u have a more regular cycles if u are just ovulating irregularly. I just had the whole clomid vs progesterone talk with her because a friend got put on progesterone and lab made me scared to turn into a crazy lady with clomid (hehehehe) so I asked about the progesterone and she said u take that when u aren't ovulating at all but since I'm ovulating but at random times (some short some long) I will start clomid to regulate the ovulation. I hope they figure things out for u!!

AFM- I get myself worked up every time I think about the hsg test. I'm so freaking out. I read that having std can cause blockage. When I was younger an ex actually did give me one. I was so young I thought I had a yeast infection I didn't even have a clue what that crap even was. Did u have any clue u might have had a blocked tube Lab? I actually brought u up to her about u having a blocked tube and still be ok and able to get pregnant and she said yeah definitely. Even if one tube is blocked I will still start clomid. Yay!!!

Hi ladies-

Just received my labs and as expected, my vitamin D levels are "barely sufficient". I'm pretty sure I have a problem with implantation, since I seem to be O'ing fine, and vitamin D deficiency can cause implantation problems. The normal range is 30-100 and mine came back at 33 after being to Florida twice in the past couple of months and purposely trying to be outside without sunscreen more often. I've had low vitamin D in the past (they checked because I have a few broken bones back to back), and it is always highest in the summer after being in the sun.

I'll wait to hear from the doctor before taking supplements, but for the meantime it's fun in the sun for me! My legs are a little pale...

What day is your HSG TTC? It's definately not the most fun test, but it gives the docs the info they need so you can move on! Don't worry, having an STI doesn't mean you'll definately have a tubal blockage by any means, I think it has to develop into PID before any damage can be done, and even then I think it takes a while to have an effect, though I'm not entirely sure. And still - you only need one tube! Some people have just a bit of debris in there and the HSG dye clears it out. You'll probably be completely normal and clear, though :) :hugs:

But yes, I knew I would have a tube issue because I had a massive ovarian cyst when I was 16 that ruptured, sent me to the hospital and they said the ovary and tube were scarred from it. They put me on bcp to prevent another cyst from occuring on the other side to keep it intact. I had kind of forgotten about the whole ordeal until we were ttc, because I wasn't thinking about having children until then.

Did you get AF?

TTC- I've heard that you actually have enhanced fertility for the 3 months or so after HSG. It wasn't painful for me but it varies by person.

Xan- this may sound like a stupid question but is sun and a supplement the only way to get vitamin d? I never even knew that lack of vitamin d could cause implantation problems. The closest I get to sun is a tanning bed lol. I'm a redhead so we don't tend to mix well with sun hehe. And thanks for the info about the hsg might enhance fertility!
Lab- thanks so much for sharing that. I stopped reading info because I was freaking myself out lol. I don't have an appointment yet for the test. The dr said if AF comes for me to call immediately to get the test as soon as AF is gone. I'm 6dpo so AF should be here Sunday unless I'm pregnant which I'm definitely praying and crossing fingers that I am so I can avoid these next steps lol. Time has slowed down as always with the 2ww
AFM- I haven't been paying any attention to symptoms this 2ww. I've been sick everyday so I've been just working out and keeping phenergan in my system trying to avoid getting sick. I'm doing my first 5k on the 27th yayyyyy!!!

Wow- a 5k! Hats off TTC!

Yes, sun and supplements are the ways to get vitamin D. I've heard that some tanning beds are UVA/B balanced and would help with vitamin D. The further north you are, the longer you have to be in the sun to get vitamin D. You don't really need to sun bathe, just expose your arms, face or legs for about 20 minutes 3 times a week without sunscreen. That can be hard in the winter here, when you really need to spend more time outside because the sun is not as strong.

In other news, our puppy comes home Saturday!!! I'm so excited- will post photos :)

Wow- a 5k! Hats off TTC!

Yes, sun and supplements are the ways to get vitamin D. I've heard that some tanning beds are UVA/B balanced and would help with vitamin D. The further north you are, the longer you have to be in the sun to get vitamin D. You don't really need to sun bathe, just expose your arms, face or legs for about 20 minutes 3 times a week without sunscreen. That can be hard in the winter here, when you really need to spend more time outside because the sun is not as strong.

In other news, our puppy comes home Saturday!!! I'm so excited- will post photos :)

Oh ok. Guess being in the far NW it would take a lot longer than that. And thanks!! I'm so nervous about the 5k. Worried and wondering if I can do it but I'm gonna give it my best shot!! Super yayyyyy for puppy!!! I would be lost without my furbabies, so I'm sure u will really enjoy the new puppy.

Ttc - I'm praying you get your bfp this month so you won't have to do the tests but atleast if you don't you've got a plan of action ahead. That's awesome your doing a 5K!

Xan - I knew having a vit D deficiency was bad but I didn't know it affected implantation. I wonder what mine is, I'm in the sun quite a bit in the summer and I only use spf on my face. Yay puppy is coming home!

AFM - still waiting for O should be around beginning of next week.

Leetie - I hope O finds you soon!

TTC - Have a great time doing the 5k! I hope to train myself and get into running ones LO is here. I've also read that women can become mega fertile after getting the HSG test done, fingers crossed that will be you!

Xan - Yay puppy is coming soon!! I too would be lost without my furbabies, although my dog is becoming such a pest today.

afm: 20 week ultrasound is set for Monday morning! I'm so excited it's hard to contain it :) It's going to be SO hard not finding out the sex while we're there. We're getting it written down and sealed to give to my friend who will order the cake for our reveal party on August 10th, feels so far away. DH and I keep joking about peaking anyways and not telling anyone we know:haha:

Dragonfly - yay for 20 week ultrasound! I can't believe your almost 20 weeks. It would be really hard to not find out right then and there but having a gender reveal would be so fun.

I called about the results from my ultrasound and she said everything was normal. Dh is getting frustrated that everything keeps being normal. I'm still holding out hope that she will test progesterone and it won't be normal.

:hugs: Leetie- I know it can be frustrating. I have done so many tests, and I wish there was one thing we could fix. But I'm hoping the Clomid works its miracles for both of us. :hugs:

BTW- I hope you don't mind me asking, has DH done the male infertility tests?

Dragonfly- good luck!!! I can't believe you are so far along :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->