Felt like giving up, Got new hope!!

Oh ok! Yeah I've often thought about calling around to see about finding a different dr. Time is of the essence. I turn 35 next month and I'm terrified!

Xan - I agree. I hope this is the push she needed to stop the crap. Life has a way of working out so maybe that's God's plan for her! I pray my bfp is right around the corner too!! I didn't even torture myself with testing today lol.

Xan - I think I'm going to do a progesterone test friday. I checked my cervix and it's still open. I have no idea what's going on.

I had a dermatologist appointment today because my face is breaking out in this rash that has hundreds of little white heads on it. If I could figure out how to post pics I would it looks horrible. But it doesn't hurt and isn't itchy. So she prescribed an antibiotic and 2 ointments to put on it. But she said if I got pregnant to stop all of it right away. So now I'm really nervous about taking any of it. She also recommended changing my face wash and body wash so I did. I think I'm going to wait and see if I start my period and see if just the soap change is helping then I will start them. I don't want to risk anything.

I have that same thing happen to me. I take benadryl a couple times and it goes away. It really sounds like exactly what I get when I try out a new soap or facial wash that my skin doesn't like. I would be leary too because my dr took me off facial creams because of trying to get pregnant. Something in them can cause birth defects and other things. I can't remember what all she said but she said no more facial creams.

Leetie, I hope you feel better soon! I think most of the advice is given out of an overabundance of caution. Many antibiotics are completely safe during pregnancy and they prescribe them pretty often. The ointments might be steroids, so I understand that. Easier said than done, but I would try not to stress too much about the meds. Most things have very little effect until the yolk sac develops at around 5 weeks, after your missed period.

Ttc - the only thing I use on my face is face wash and moisturizer with spf. She said Cetaphil is the best thing for your face. I had already been using the moisturizer but I went and bought the face wash too.

Xan - it surprised me when she said especially stop the antibiotic because my sister was prescribed one while pregnant. I'm still going to hold off on starting anything and see if it clears up without it. It is actually looking a lot better this morning. I washed my face last night and this morning with the new face wash.

How have you been feeling by the way? Did anyone notice/comment on your bump on your trip?

Leetie- I've been okay, thanks for asking. The nausea is a pain, but not too bad. Mainly I just feel a bit off in the morning and mid-afternoon, but a snack usually helps. I've been eating smaller meals, more frequently which is good. Having an empty stomach is not fun! I'm less tired which makes sense. They say the placenta starts taking over around week 10, and I'm at 10 1/2 weeks. Sorry if TMI, but I have had a lot of problems with constipation, but I found a vitamin that is better and things have been better since.

On the trip I told some close friends, there is a lot of socializing by the tiki bar, and at some point it was obvious I wasn't drinking. At the beginning I just went to the beach or pool far away from the conference or early in the morning, but by the end I stopped worrying about it. My friends said that if the didn't know I was pregnant and they knew me from before they might wonder, but it wouldn't have been obvious. It was a bit of a drag being pregnant, because there is a lot of socializing around drinking, but in exchange for a healthy baby it's definitely worth it.

I've heard frequent small meals are better. I'm glad you found a vitamin that is helping. I think not being able to go is worse than having to go all the time.

That's nice you told some close friends, I bet the not drinking would have given it right away.

I did my progesterone test this morning. I probably won't have the results until monday I don't think my doctor is open on saturday. I was thinking of starting the progesterone suppositories tonight just to be on the safe side. My temps look so promising I just really feel like I didn't on the day it thinks. If the test does show I O'd I think I will take the progesterone until next weekend and do cheapy pregnancy tests throughout the week.

Xan - glad your trip went well! Bummer about not drinking but u are right, a healthy baby is much more important.

Leetie - fx for u hun!! I hope you find out u did O!!

AFM - 14dpo. AF is due. No sign of her. BFN test. I'm bummed but hoping she stays away and the bfp is coming!!

Ttc - Fx it's just late implantation and af stays far away for a long time!

Thanks Xan!
15dpo, officially 1 day late. No sign of AF. BUT still a negative test :(

I usually have a ~15 day luteal phase and my line on 14dpo was very faint. It sounds like your luteal phases are on the longer side, so... I'll stalk the thread until there is an answer :)

Also, I think it's good that you are back on the thyroid meds. I went to the endocrinologist and she was great and really explained why it's important to keep your thyroid in check while you're trying to get pregnant. She said that normally TSH only stimulates your thyroid, but in the 1st trimester it also helps to create HCG- the pregnancy hormone that HPTs test for.They want to supplement my thyroid until my TSH is lower than 2 and see that my thyroid isn't struggling at all. They've pretty much doubled my dose.

Xan - my lp started out at 12. A couple rounds into clomid it changed to 14. I didn't know the importance of it either so when my dr had the talk with me she said I needed to take it to balance everything out so I have been.

Leetie - how are you doing??

16dpo, 2 days late, no AF, bfn :( what kind of test did u use Xan? I bought the dollar tree brand but not the normal kind i get. This one is a brand called VeriQuick. There are mixed reviews so I'm praying its just the test that is off lol. I want it so bad! Keep your fingers crossed and keep praying for me please.

I took the first response early report. I also bought a CVS brand and that really didn't show much until 15 or 16 dpo.

Fingers tightly crossed!

Ttc - any chance you O'd a day or 2 later than you think? Fx and praying that you get a positive test soon!

I called the doctors to see if they got my results for the progesterone test and they said to try later on this afternoon. But I'm pretty sure I got my answer because I'm spotting it's not just a little bit either. Which I think is strange because I thought progesterone kept your period from starting but maybe if I didn't ovulate and my cervix is still open it doesn't matter. But it's ok I'm excited to start the femara.

Leetie- I'm sorry for all of the spotting. Does the doctor think that the Clomid is causing the spotting? I hope that femora works better for you and that you don't have to deal with spotting much longer.

He didn't really say much about the spotting. He said it could be ovulation spotting but I told him it was quite a bit and not just around the time I usually O. Plus I didn't O. But he didn't say anything. I'm hoping it was just the clomid. I know it thins your lining a lot so maybe that's what's causing it. The femara isn't supposed to thin the lining and it's not supposed to dry up cervical mucus.

I heard back from the doctors office and they said I did O but my level was only 4.49. I thought anything over 5 meant you ovulated and 10 is normal for non medicated and 15 or higher for medicated. I didn't ask them about it but since my cervix never closed and I started spotting I'm just going to stop the progesterone and let my period start.

Leetie - I thought that it had to be higher than 10 too. But I am thinking I had a low one once and they said I ovulated so I don't know. Praying the femara is nicer to you. I had heard that clomid thins the lining but not about the cm. I always know to take the opk because the cm is out of control lol.

AFM - I wiped pink last night then brown. Both of which i probably wouldn't have realized if I wasn't inspecting the tp lmbo. But today nothing. We got frer tests yesterday but I didn't take one because I thought she would be here. Happy to see she isn't tho. I'm experiencing some weird stuff in my lower right tummy. Maybe AF on her way? And I got my smiley this round so I knew I had ovulated. I was shocked it was day 16 but very happy nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->