Felt like giving up, Got new hope!!

Xan thanks! I sure hope that is true. At leaat I feel like we are on track for that sticky bfp!!
I got a negative again today. I wish my boobs would go back to normal. I dont want the symptoms if its not a pregnancy lol.

Things are good. I ordered my trigger shot today. Suprisingly I'm not nervous about doing the shot. DH is nervous about giving it to me but I don't think it will be bad at all. Just trying to not stress about my u/s next Tuesday. That will decide when we do the iui and I'm hoping it will be within a couple days of the u/s.

How exciting! I would be super nervous, I dont like needles! Im calling later today to get into a new gyno here. Hopefully that goes smoothly.

Just joined currently doing ovulation induction 47 days of injections and finally doing trigger tonight - feeling really nervous

Ttc - did you get an appointment with the new gyno?

Peanut- welcome! Good luck with the trigger shot. Are you just doing timed intercourse or iui?

Welcome Peanut! Good luck!!
Leetie - not yet. I forgot to call.

AFM - a dear friend of mine was chatting with me about ttc. So answering her questions I was forced to look over my calendar and thank goodness that I did. My calendar was so off. Somehow the days got mixed up and I thought I O'd on day 22. I was kind of bummed because my first cycle on fertilaid I O'd on cd18. Well after fixing my calendar I realized I O'd on day 16!!!! I was so excited I wasn't even sad about not being pregnant lol. Coming from a 60+ day cycle to a 32 day cycle is amazing. Even with clomid my shortest cycle was 36 days. I wouldn't O until cd20-23. Well that's my good news for the day lol.

Peanut - how did the trigger go? I definitely understand feeling the pressure of all of this. But having all these ladies to talk to really helps.

Ttc - wow that's great! In always so excited to O before day 18 also. Mine was like yours, the femara has seemed to help with making O earlier.

TTC- I'm glad you are O'ing earlier. Every step is a step in the right direction.

Peanut and Leetie- I had a trigger shot the one cycle we did IUI and I remember the worrying was worse than the shot. DH has Type I diabetes so has to give himself shots and he wasn't concerned. I did accuse him of not being delicate enough, but in hindsight I think I was just nervous. Mine didn't take, but I remember being concerned that I O'ed earlier than expected because the doctor misjudged the timing (we didn't go back, and soon after he was fired).

Xan that's crazy he got fired. I'm nervous about the timing also. I've read conflicting things about how long after the shot to do the iui. One says 24 to 36 hours after and one says around 42 hours is ideal. But I'm going to trust my doctor and hope everything works out.

Yeah, I would trust the doctor. Mine was an obvious quack. He also said "I'm the lucky guy that gets to inseminate you"! Disgusting :(

Im definitely excited! And I agree anything in the right direction is helpful!

Leetie - when do you go in to check for follicles? Im sure it will go fine. Im afraid of needles so Im not so sure lol. Im sure I would try it if given the chance but still scary!

Xan - wow what a creep. I'm glad I have a woman doctor this time. Was your DH allowed in the room during the iui?
How are things with you? When's your next doctors appointment?

Ttc- I go in on Tuesday to check for follicles. I made the mistake of telling them the earlier the better because I thought they didn't open until 8am but my appointment is at 7am and since it's in pittsburgh with traffic and we have to go through tunnels we have to leave around 5am.

Leetie, that's early! Good luck, but at least you might miss rush hour.

I have my 12 week (!) scan on Tuesday. They will measure the markers for chromosomal abnormalities and do a blood test as well. I've been worrying a lot about it, but at this point I've just decided what will be will be. I really want it to be over so I can tell my friends and family. I'm actually seeing a good friend from high school this weekend and can't decide if I'll tell her or not. On the one side, I haven't seen her in years and would like to share. On the other side, it would be tough if something went wrong. What do you ladies think?

Sorry if TMI, but I had some garlic Tuesday night and my stomach has not been good ever since. I rush to the toilet about 1 hour after every meal. I think things are calming down now (knock on wood), but it caused a lot of cramping which was scary. I guess it's pretty normal though, a lot of women have it.

Xan - ugh sorry about the stomach issues. My metformin still gives me stomach issues every so often where I'm afraid to be too far from my house.

As far as telling your friend, I completely get why you don't want to tell anyone yet. But on the other hand telling someone would be so exciting plus you can explain to them about your scan and be able to have support no matter the out come.

Any of you ladies have special plans for Valentines day? I'm not a big fan of the "holiday". I feel like you should celebrate love everyday but DH and I are going to a hotel for a couple nights. Just to get some alone time and we have both been a little stressed with the iui coming up it will be a good distraction.

Hi ladies!

Leetie, hope your appointment went well today and you didn't get stuck in bad traffic/snow.

TTC- how are you doing? Are the lines getting darker, or is it too early?

My screening went well today! I am so relieved. The markers are all pointing toward a good outcome, small space behind the neck, lovely big nose, and measuring a week ahead (though it may just be a big baby since I was 11 pounds). Strong heartbeat of 165. It'll be 2 weeks until I get the results of the blood test, but I feel like I can rest a little easier now and just enjoy this pregnancy.

Oh, I really really hope this is the year for us all!

Xan - That's awesome! So glad everything looks good and you can start to relax.

Afm - We left home at 5am and it's a good thing we did. The roads were really bad until about halfway there then it was mostly rain. But we got there safe. I got my results and they said I had a follicle on each ovary, one was 15 and the other was 16 which she said is good. But she said my levels were still low and at first she wanted me to go up again tomorrow for more bloodwork but then she remembered I had the trigger shot which will speed things up. So I do my trigger shot tomorrow night then we go in Friday morning for the iui.

So nervous but excited at the same time!

Xan - i hope your time with your friend was nice. I definitely understand your reservation. I'm not sure what I would do. When I got the first positive test or so I thought I told.my 2 best friends so its was hard saying it was a false alarm so I understand but I was busting at the seams lol.

Leetie - how exciting!!! How soon after the iui will u know if it worked? Fx for you!!! Will they test for anything or just automatically do the iui and see what happens?

AFM - today is CD16 so I'm hopeful I will O today but I did stop the meds for those few days while I was testing so I'm not sure what to expect. My lines are definitely getting darker and last night I had a glob of cm. I've never had that, I'm guessing it's a ovulation is coming sign. I've had some I thought were globs but it didn't compare to this lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->