Felt like giving up, Got new hope!!

Leetie- keeping my fingers crossed for you and the IUI this cycle :)

TTC- I hope you and DF stay healthy this cycle and get some well-timed bd'ing in!

Right ovary has one follicle that is a 15. The left has one follicle that is a 22. Did the trigger shot tonight and iui is Sunday morning.

Third iui is done! It went smooth again. I didn't have any pain at all. DH count was 88 million.

It's been super nice out the last few days so I've been outside getting some sun trying to get some color on my pastey legs and arms lol. Hope you all are well!

Yayyyy! Fx for you Leetie!! Im not sure what the numbers mean but hopefully it means good stuff lol.

Hi Ladies!

Leetie-how are you doing? I guess you will test this weekend? Fx'ed this is it.

TTC-I hope all is well. Are you still using Fertilaid? Is it helping shorten your cycles?

AFM- 22 weeks, and bubs is kicking up a storm, especially in the afternoon/early evening. It's nice to have that reassurance on a daily basis. Besides that, not too much to report. First trimester is over with all of the nausea, and 3rd trimester is still weeks away, so I'm not humungous yet.

My mom and I have been butting heads lately- I told her that we are going to try to be careful not to have too strong gender stereotypes, and she has been pushing my buttons ever since. It's so frustrating to have her not respect any of our wishes, but then she goes and throws temper tantrums and it's even worse. I feel bad because my dad is stuck in the middle, and she's making him miserable too.

Xan - yayyyy for no more nausea! I am taking the fertilaid but unfortunately this cycle I am not on day 20 and should get my smiley today. I've had so much going on I honestly haven't been taking them regularly so I'm sure that plays a role in it. As for the gender stereotypes, I'm so confused at all this. I believe in letting people live their truth but I don't understand why this bathroom thing is necessary. I'm not a parent so I can't say for sure how I would feel but I just think if there was a man in the bathroom with her I would come unglued. I mean I know I'm gonna be a crazy worry wart parent so that may be why I feel that way too. I guess I'm just confused about they don't want us to push our way of life on them so why push theirs on us. Why not make another bathroom. Many places have bathrooms where men and women both use. But then again I think if a man were dressed as a woman and walked into the bathroom with me I probably wouldn't even notice it but it has more to do with own I will feel when it involves my child. Is that how y'all are bumping heads? Regardless, whether she feels the same as u she needs to respect your wishes. U are the parent not her. I would definitely keep your foot planted on things being your way. If not, life will be miserable and u will have regrets.

Xan- it's impossible to make everyone happy on all decisions but all you have to remember in the end this is you and your husbands child and your decisions are all that matter. I'm sorry your mom us giving you such a hard time about it. I wonder why it matters so much to her?

Ttc - I'm sure skipping some days is throwing it off but fx you get a smiley soon and you and dh are both up for some baby dancing :)

Afm - Everything's good, I will be testing Sunday. We have some major family changes going on. My sister that lives in Colorado and her family want to move to PA and are going to be staying with us. Our house has a downstairs apartment but we need to renovate it so they can stay down there. But we thought we had until August and she called and said her landlord wants them out by June 1st or to sign another years lease. So we've been a little stressed with all that but I'm sure it will all work out. It always does.

Leetie- I'm sure it's stressful, but in the end it will be nice to have family around.

TTC- the main problem I'm having with my mom is that everything she says is "Well, you're having a boy, so you have to get this color furniture!" or "I'm going to dress him up like a baseball player and buy him a train set!". Everything about my niece is ballerina costumes and disney princesses. If I say anything my mom says "Don't you want to have a real boy?" or "Are you going to make him wear pink dresses?"

My mother-in-law, on the other hand, who comes from a much more traditional background, just bought my nephew a doll because he really wanted one. Well, at least he'll have one down-to-earth grandma!

Leetie - you are right, Im sure it will all work out!! Good luck on Sunday!!!

Xan - ohhhhhh see that part I can understand. I thought she was trying to talk about later down the road. I love that your in laws did that. I was in the nail salon and a little boy was getting his toes painted like his sister. He was only 3 but they finally gave in and allowed him. He was so excited, my heart melted. As u can tell Im up to my eyeballs with the bathroom chats ugh.

Test was negative. We're not doing an iui this cycle. I have a consultation with my doctor on the 13th to see where we go from here.

Xan - my sister has always let my nephew play with dolls and when he picks out prizes at school (he's 5) she let's him pick wands and necklaces. And my other nephew when I used to watch him he would watch me do my makeup and would want some on. I gave him an empty compact with a sponge and he loved it. All day long he would stop and pretend to put some on his face.

I don't believe that giving a boy "girl things" or giving a girl "boy things" has any effect on who they grow up to be. A lot of my husband's family (who I'm closest to) is very gender specific also.

Ttc - that is so cute!

Oh, Leetie :hugs: We didn't have any luck with IUI either, not sure why. But I was warned in advance that it only slightly increases your odds.

Have you considered using Fertility Blend? DH and I both took it all 3 times I got pregnant. I have to say, I didn't really think it was possible and had almost given up hope. It was our last shot before trying something more drastic. Actually, I had my BFP just days before I was supposed to start a second round of IUI with drugs with a new doctor. We were going to give it 3 tries and then move onto IVF.

Thank you ladies for letting me rant about my mother. We had lunch today and everything was fine! I guess we both just needed a little space.

This pregnancy so far has been pretty unexceptional, in a good way. No issues with genetic problems or bleeding. I am almost 23 weeks pregnant, and I can't believe it, but I'm thinking that I might want to have a second one. :wacko: Of course, my age is getting to be an issue, so we would probably try again not too long after this little guy arrives. I know that I should just concentrate on having one happy, healthy little baby, but actually DH and I were both thinking the same thing and we talked about it briefly yesterday before deciding to stop thinking about it again.

Im so sorry Leetie!! Another friend just said her iui didnt work either. Do u think u might try the pills Xan and I take/took? Im not sure if its helping but i dont think it would make it worse. Hopefully u get positive news with the dr. Heres to hoping we both get there one day soon.

Xan - I'm so glad your pregnancy has gone so well, and I pray it continues that way. I don't think it's ever wrong or too early to talk about having another one :)

I've thought about taking those but I'm not allowed to take them with fertility medication. If our next step is ivf it will probably be a while before we do it because we would have to figure out financing. So maybe I'll try them if we're on a "break".

Leetie oh ok. When will u find out what the next step is? I can only imagine how expensive IVF is. I forget do u work? Im asking because I dont so I know IVF is totally out of the question until I finish my Master's.

I have to admit, Im dreading today. Mother's day is so incredibly hard. I tried to get DFs mom a mothers day card but instead I stood there crying. I had to just walk away. And as if its not bad enough, a week from tomorrow we find out if my daddy has cancer. He had a tumor removed and he has some in his bladder so that has gotten me emotional too. I just want to sleep today and this week away so I dont have to feel anything. A few pairs would be great. I hope you ladies are doing great!!

Ttc - :hugs: I'll say a prayer for your dad's test results.

No I don't work. The only way we can do ivf is if we can get it financed. My appointment is on the 13th.

Mothers day is a hard day. I was really dreading church because they usually do a big speech about all kinds of mothers and it makes me super emotional. But today was actually good and I got through it without any tears.

Happy mothers day to all you ladies. We are all mothers in one way or another.

Hi Ladies- first off, big :hugs: to us all.

TTC- I'm sending off the warmest wishes to your dad. I hope all goes well.

This journey is crazy, and mother's day is one of those tough ones. We came down to visit my parents and they kept saying happy mother's day. But I still have a wall around my heart, hoping to survive whatever comes. After having 2 later losses (both second trimester, which isn't supposed to happen) I wanted the attention on my mom for mother's day. I am officially 5 months and look it, and that is also hard as strangers, who know nothing of my journey, feel they can touch my belly and tell me how wonderful it is. But we will all get through it, and I hope we all have our happy stories to make it all worth while in the end :hugs:

Thank you ladies!! I was mistaken, my daddy doesn't get results till next Monday. Patience is not a virtue for me lol. But today they took the catheter out and he was able to pee on his own. We weren't sure if he would be able to so I just sat and cried and then cried some more haha. I'm on 11dpo now. Again waiting is not my strong suit lol.

Leetie I hope u get good news on the 13th. Friday the 13th has always been good luck for me, so hopefully for you too.

Xan - I can't even imagine a loss but being that far along would be very sad and heartbreaking. I pray everything continues to go well but until LO is here I don't blame u for being guarded.

Hi Ladies- Just popping by to see how everyone is doing.

TTC- Think about you and your dad today. :hugs:

Leetie, did you end up doing another round of IUI?

I pulled a muscle on Wednesday and I'm just starting to feel better. It's pretty typical in pregnancy, but it was pretty scary- anytime something hurts in pregnancy it's scary. Fortunately the midwife calmed me down, and by Saturday I was feeling mostly better. Today is the first day I don't notice any pain.

Ttc - thinking about you and your family today.

Xan - that sounds scary but I'm glad you're feeling better.

We didn't do an iui this cycle. We had our follow up consult with our doctor on friday. She gave us the option of doing iui with injectable meds or moving onto ivf. A injectable cycle is a few grand for one cycle and it doesn't increase your chances that much more than a regular iui. So we decided to just go straight to ivf. The cost is $12,200 without meds. Meds can be between 3 and 5 thousands dollars. We applied for a personal loan through a bank they work with but we're not getting our hopes up that we will be approved. And I have a place to apply to get help with paying for the meds. If we don't get the loan we are going to look into other ways. So depending on that it could be soon or it could be a good while before we can actually do it. But in the meantime we will keep "practicing" :)

Xan - Ouch! That doesnt sound like much fun. I'm glad it's getting better tho.
Leetie- hopefully the loan goes thru for y'all but have from practicing tho lol.

AFM - I haven't been around much. Mainly because the baby stuff has been the least of my concerns. I just got finished with AF so hopefully I get more on track. I don't feel much like going back to read so idk what I've shared but after to help catheter came out my daddy was able to her pee. He went back to together Dr Monday for results of his biopsies. He has bladder cancer. They are waiting on a surgery date in which they will suck the cancer out and recheck in 4-6 weeks to see if they got it all, and to see if its coming back. So again a lot if waiting. Ive been out of it. Im not pleasant to be around. Out of the blue raging breakdowns happen often. I probably wont be around much because like I said, the baby stuff means so little right now. Its the least of my concerns. I will have you ladies in my thoughts tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->