Felt like giving up, Got new hope!!

Xan - 31 weeks! That's crazy! I'm glad to hear everything is still going great and little guy is growing plump.

Ttc - I'm so sorry about those girls mother. It's so sad and tragic that it's all too common. I'm flat you're dad's cancer isn't in the walls and praying all is well after his chemo. A friend of mine who is only 23 just got diagnosed with ovarian cancer and had her ovary and tube out and is going to be starting chemo soon.

Afm - We've been back from Colorado for almost 2 weeks. It's a bit chaotic with a 5 year old a 1 year old and 2 more dogs in the house but I love it. Everyone seems to be adjusting fine.

I thought I had O'd a couple weeks ago because I had major CM but then about a week later AF showed out of nowhere. I'm glad we are on a "break" right now because the thought of having to drive to pittsburgh constantly and spending money there would be too stressful. So we are just enjoying the family.

Hi Leetie- good to hear from you! Glad you're enjoying family time.

TTC- my dad just had a bi-annual check-up for his bladder cancer, and everything came back clean! Yay for our dads.

I had a scan yesterday and the baby is measuring off the charts. They estimate he is 5 lbs, 11 oz already and I'm only 32 weeks. We finally got a picture of his face too. He has his dad's lips and nose. I might be biased, but I think he's too cute!

Attachments

• Liam.jpg
    Liam.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 3
Leetie - that sounds overwhelming and amazing at the same time. I like chaotic from time to time but then I like quiet and relaxed. I'm glad you are enjoying it and not worrying with TTC has probably calmed your nerves.
Xan - awwwww!!! I love it. He's gonna be a big baby lol. I think I've seen them say the last month u pack on the lbs. You might have a 2 yr old hahahaha. I kid I kid. I am so happy you've made it to this point, it gives me hope!!!

AFM - my bestie's daughter (I call her my niece) had her baby. She's 15 so it's a little bittersweet but he's such a cutie pie. 7lbs 5.5oz 20in long and a full head of hair. We got our pills in the mail yesterday. This cycle I'm taking fertilaid and ovaboost with is supposed to help egg quality for women over 30. Here's to hoping it helps. I think I've shared that my DF is black and I'm white so the events over these last few days have really put fear into us. Our children will be mixed so I'm scared for children I don't even have yet. And then the innocent police officers. My heart hurts and it's so heavy. Makes me so sad for the world we live in.

Yep- they think he might be 9-10 pounds! I see in 4 weeks how he's grown, but it looks like they might have to do a c-section.

TTC- I can't imagine. I really believe most cops are good and follow the rules, but it just takes one run in with a bad cop. And the odds that you have a bad run-in are multiplied if you're black. I never worried about it when I lived in Boston. There was a program where the cops walked around the neighborhoods and met with people in the community. The idea is that it's harder to shoot somebody that when you know them as people. It started after 3 boys were shot in the late 70s and people were outraged by the deaths. I really noticed a difference with cops when we moved around the country, though.

Having a boy instead of a girl I'm worried, and I'm going to teach him to be very respectful towards cops. I know a PhD from Harvard, really nice guy who is from the Netherlands. In the Netherlands they are very, very direct and it made a cop in Atlanta very upset and he almost got arrested after a traffic stop! The cop thought he was undermining his authority...

Hi ladies! Major :hugs: to you all! I've been keeping up but rarely have time to respond, but I miss you guys!

Xan - he looks beautiful :) you're getting there! My son was 9 lb when he was born, and I'm very small. No one can believe I pushed him out, hehe. You can do it! Are you going to try for natural or are you going to have an epi?

Leetie - it's good to take a break and relax and not worry about spending money. It will happen for you! Who knows, maybe you'll get surprised!

Ttc - I hope the pills help! Are you guys thinking about doing iui? I too feel terrible for recent events, but hopefully it is something that will end up bringing people together rather than dividing.

Lab! Great to hear from you :) How's little man? He must be 1 1/2 by now? Wow, I don't think I realized your little guy was 9 pounds.

I'm definitely not going natural, though I understand why people do. It'll either be c-section or I'll have an epi. In addition to being a big baby, he has a huge head. I'm going for another scan in 3 weeks to confirm, but at every scan he has been at least in the 95th percentile. My doctor confirmed Tuesday that he will either be induced at 39 weeks or she'll do a c-section. That means I only have 6 weeks to go- eek!

Lab it's great to hear from you hope you guys are doing well.

Ttc - Fx and praying the pills help.

Xan - I know those scans can be way off sometime with weight but it sounds like you have a good doctor with a plan either way.

I'm with you I get why someone wouldn't want an epidural but I'm the complete opposite I would want any all drug interventions lol

Afm - Still good. Been busy but this heat the past couple weeks makes it hard to let the kids outside to play. We don't have a pool but even to go play in the sprinkler or slip n slide we have to wait until evening. We went to lake Erie Saturday and we all came back with sunburns and there was an e coli warning for the water so we were nervous letting the kids play for too long. But we all had fun in the sand under a tent. I'm hoping it starts to cool off a little soon so we can go to the zoo and maybe kennywood.

Good call on the epidural :) I went into it thinking I would be all primal and natural. I quickly decided to f that. ;-) . So excited for your little man to come! How are you feeling?

Leetie - you didn't get sick, did you? We'll probably be shoveling snow before you know it!

Little man just turned a year and a half. He's huge. Everyone thinks he is 3 years old. He loves to talk, "no" is a big thing for him right now, along with "water" and "helmet" ...he loves his dad's motorcycle and tries to put the little girls at daycare on the back of the tricycle while he makes vrmmm sounds. Im in trouble already! Our sleep is just finally starting to get a little better. I still feel like I need a long nap most days, unfortunately bringing a sleeping bag to work is frowned upon.

Oh boy, Lab. You are in trouble!

I'm feeling pretty good except for the occasional feeling too hot or achiness. I thought it would be a lot worse being this pregnant over the summer.

Leetie, TTC- how are you ladies

Xan - Oh my stars!!! 9-10lbs, good luck lol. I agree. It really bothers me that cops as well as black people say don't judge them by one bad apple yet they both do it often. I've stayed away from reading the stuff. I realize I can't hide from it but it is just so heartbreaking. I definitely understand the feelings about having a boy. Just scary.

Lab!!!!! Hi!!! We haven't thought about iui. Honestly ttc has been on the back burner, just so much happening. Hoping we continue to take the pills and it happened with no effort lol. I agree! Fortunately with these incidents it brings people together. I cant remember where, I think Atlanta but crips and bloods joined together for a march. Some people don't realize how powerful that was. I can only hope for a brighter future for all of our children.

Leetie- hi hun!!! I hate the heat. Being a redhead, I burn entirely too easy. I love WA weather. It's been in the 70s and low 80s here. But we don't have central heat and a/c so we survive with fans lol.

AFM - like I said TTC is kinda on the back burner. Just guessing I thought AF was due yesterday or today but she hasn't reared her ugly head. I am having ewcm so I don't know what's happening. Hopefully she stays away and by some God favored miracle we are pregnant now. I will update once I know lol.

TTC- good luck! I hope everything is well with your dad.

I had my last ultrasound at 36 weeks yesterday- baby is measuring 8 lbs already! Next week he'll be at term, and he's coming one way or the other at 39 weeks. If he went to term he would be at 10 lbs, and that is the cut-off for needing a c-section. It would kill me if he dislocated a shoulder or something during birth.

So exciting!! Time has flew by it seems. Probably not for u. I think I've told you before but your story really gives me hope. I can't wait to see LO has arrived!!

Aw, thanks TTC. I'm still a little shocked that I've made it this far, and I am sure that if it happened for me it can happen for anyone. We had literally been trying, pretty much non-stop, for exactly 4 years (we first tried on a Thanksgiving trip in 2011, and the first day of my last period was Thanksgiving 2015), the number of times DH and I discussed our life without kids and how it would be fine, all the heartache and the wasted pee sticks...

It's so frustrating that it happens for some people so easily and they take it for granted. But I just know that those of us who have struggled are that much more blessed when it does happen. I'm lucky that DH never blamed me or put more burden on me, and having a loving person by your side is priceless. They don't say it as much, but it takes a toll on them too.

Xan - u really brought tears to my eyes. It does take a toll on them and I never realized that until DF told me just the other day. I get so frustrated that I forget that we are both going thru this. I pray that our time will come soon.

AFM - It's a whole long story but I thought I had ovulated by Jul 22nd. Sore boobs dark opk and everything. So I'm thinking AF is late and this could be our chance. Then I got a few questionable HPTS. But then the heartbreak happened last night when out of curiosity I did an OPK and got a smiley. I know they can be used as a hpt but shouldn't the regular hpt be positive by the time the OPK is positive?? We dtd just in case but if I'm just now ovulating I'm on cd40. I've been taking the meds so it doesn't make sense. Idk I'm sure it will all make sense eventually lol.

Here are a few of the 50 tests I've taken lol

Attachments

• tmp_5636-Resized_20160811_132456-1935897715.jpg
    tmp_5636-Resized_20160811_132456-1935897715.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 5
  • tmp_5636-Resized_20160811_132002-722370642.jpg
    tmp_5636-Resized_20160811_132002-722370642.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 5
TTC- good luck, it's really hard to say. I hope you get some answers soon, and if you ovulated later than usual I hope you caught that egg. I remember having some convincing HPTs right before my BFP- maybe something about the pills? But in the end I'm sure the pills helped with the BFP, so worth it in the end. It was really frustrating though...

Xan - thanks!! U took fertilblend right? I'm curious because I'm on fertilaid. I'm wondering if they are different or not. I think we discussed it before tho.

TTC- yes, I took Fertility Blend. The secretary at DH's office swore by it. She worked at the company and heard so many success stories. I was really skeptical, but we were about to go in for another few rounds of IUI so I thought "What the heck!". All 3 times I got pregnant I was on Fertility Blend. I'm not sure if there are differences between the brands, but I guess Fertility Blend uses some plants that grow in Hawaii (that's where the lady who told us about it was from) and that are trademarked.

Any updates on the OPK/HPT front?

So, I had some exciting news today! I went in for my 38 week appointment (eek!) and on the way in saw the most amazing rainbow I've ever seen. You could clearly see each color. I thought "My rainbow baby is coming!". The doctor confirmed I went from completely closed to 1 cm dilated since last week, and baby is fully engaged. I am booked at the hospital for next Thursday, August 25th and they will induce me if things don't progress naturally. Of course, he could always arrive earlier...

We are going to try that this cycle. I'm guessing the smiley was my O. Who knows. I'm sooooo happy for u, I actually teared up. I can't wait to see LO made it safe!!

AFM - the hits just keep coming. My daddy's mom passed away the 13th. I'm trying so hard to cope but life just isn't giving me a break. God has a plan so I'm just rolling with the punches. If my smiley was my O I am 6dpo. So again I just wait ugh.

Hey ladies! It's been far too long since I've logged in.

Xan - I'm so happy to see your rainbow baby is almost here! How are you feeling? Just a couple more sleeps and you'll be induced if he's not here already :)

TTC - I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother passing, you're handling all the punches thrown at you so well :hugs: I hope this tww has promising news!

Labgal - I can't believe your little one is a year and a half! Mine is 20 months, I can't believe how fast time as flown.

Leetie - Sounds like a great trip, beside the ecoli warning - I hope no one got sick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->