FET ladies July/August 2017

Jackdoll, sorry to hear it! I hope you find peace in whatever decision you end up making. As much as I would like for my son to have a sibling, I know I wouldn't have it in me to do the IVF process again. I'm hoping this FET cycle, if it doesn't work, will at least be more tolerable so I will be willing to try it again.

Flutterby, congratulations!! That's great. And Hopeful Cat, that sounds really promising. Keep us posted.

I'm starting estradiol tonight. Not terribly excited to make my grand return to intramuscular injections, but at least it's a small amount of liquid. Once the PIO starts, I'll be longing for the days of just estradiol!

The only other news on my front is that at my ultrasound yesterday, my doctor suggested that I might have some endometriosis. He's never been able to see it, but I've always had a lot of pelvic pain issues (which were always blamed on muscle spasms, but the pain is there even after getting the muscles under control with physical therapy). Anyway, he was doing the ultrasound yesterday and I was totally relaxed and feeling fine with the prodding on the right side, and then when he changed the angle to the left side I was suddenly in a huge amount of pain even though my muscles were relaxed. And we know from the HSG that my left tube is blocked, so that would make sense. He didn't think it would serve my current purposes to go through a laparoscopy to look further, but it's something to think about for the future. In the short term, I'm mostly worried about surviving the pain of the transfer. My doctor is really patient and willing to use his smallest speculum with me, but I was in an unreasonable amount of pain at my trial transfer, between the maybe-endometriosis-related pain of the speculum and the fact that he has to clamp my cervix to get anything through it. I will be taking 3 valium that morning.

Fern, I see endometriosis in your signature. Have you found any helpful treatment for it?

Amy that sounds awful! I'm sorry. You have to do IM for the E2? Is that normal IVF med way in the US? I did my IVF in MX and he just gives us pills to take.

All my tests. Lol. I take the Walmart ones in the evening. I'm going to call my OB tomorrow to see if I can get in for a beta after work

Attachments

• IMG_5791.jpg
    IMG_5791.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 5
Congrats fluterby! Looks like great progression.

Hope everyone is doing ok in the leadup to their cycles and transfers.

I can understand the sentiment of not wanting to continue with ivf. This process seems a lot different to me now after dd and it doesnt feel like im starting all over again...feels like a continuation. All that frustration and tiredness comes back. U dont start fresh each cycle.

My hpts are getting darker and blood test is tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a healthy number. Im kind of astounded to get a bfp first fet back. It took 7 cycles of ivf/fets to get dd. I dont yet feel safe or confident in this but im getting excited.

Attachments

• 20170713_065728.jpg
    20170713_065728.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 5
Yeyyy hopeful and fluter! Tentatively CONGRATS!

We will also not do ivf again. It's much too expensive. After this upcoming FET we're done with fertility treatment and will just ttc naturally for a while. If we never get a sibling it's ok. I'm happy and blessed to be a mom already.

Amy- endo sucks! I've had it lazered laparoscopically a few times, and when I'm not ttc I take the birth control pill Qlaira which really helps because it suppresses the growth of endometrial tissue. X

Thank girls for all the lovely comments.. you's are too kind xx
I think deep down I know I want to go for another cycle of IVF.. hubby is home in the morning so we will go over things, he will be happy with whatever I want to do x

Congrats to all on your bfps

Fern - have you had much relief after having it lasered? Do you think it's worthwhile? I'd read mixed reviews.

Flutter - I'm not sure if injections for estradiol are typical in the US, or if it's just the way my clinic does it. I know my clinic is very cost-conscious (which I appreciate), so they make some of their decisions around what's cheaper. I have a friend who did estrogen through skin patches at another clinic, and I know that was much more expensive.

JD it's so hard to wrap all your emotions around everything and decide something after such a heartbreaking event. We went through that too. We eventually just decided that we didn't want to accept NO for any answer and moved forward. Everyone is different in how they process things. Much love to you

Hopefully your tests look great! I know the feeling of trying not to get too excited. I had a beta today and will have another Sat. I assume I won't know the numbers until Monday.

Amy my e2 pills are super cheap. I think $8 or $9 a box of 28. My PIO was the most expensive but I had to buy that in the US. Fertility meds are ridiculous!!!

crosby- hope your lining thickens!
amy- i too am not looking forward to when PIO starts!

i had a check on things, and so far so good. i decrease lupron soon and start estrodial orally on sunday. go back for one more check i think the 27th and then FET supposed to be on august 3rd! i want time to speed up so it can happen and start the 2ww, but i keep reminding myself to enjoy summer and playing with my kids and seeing family coming to town next week, etc. got to live in the moment!

who else has a FET in a few weeks?
good luck to all!

Wow Hopeful!!! What a great number. How many dpt?

I woke up this morning to some bleeding when I wiped. I'm sad. I haven't had anymore. I took tests and they are darker. I've text my doctor.

Attachments

• IMG_5813.jpg
    IMG_5813.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 3
Beta was at 11dp5dt. I have a repeat on Tuesday.

I had a bit of bleeding in my last pregnancy. Everything was fine. I hope it all is ok...just got to try and keep the positive vibes going (i know its hard). When is ur next beta Fluterby?

Oh Flutterby, I'm sorry to hear that. I had that with my last pregnancy and I was an emotional wreck, but it stopped within an hour and everything was fine. Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks ladies. I haven't had anymore bleeding. I'll have my second beta tomorrow

Congrats flutterby!

So AF has come. Called in CD1 to the clinic yesterday and am waiting for instruction on when to start estrace. They still haven't called back, but I'm hoping ill have instructions tomorrow.

Congrats fluterby! What is next? Do you get a scan or have they released you to the midwives?

I have my repeat beta today

I had my IVF out of the country so I'm just seeing my OB. He wants me to just make a regular new OB appointment but I'm going to call and ask for a scan on a week or so just for piece of mind.

What was your initial beta? Good luck and fx'd for a great number

Congrats hopeful and fluterby! Hope this is the start of many bfps!

Amy- I did get relief from the laparoscopies but it always grows back. The bcp helped me more on a month -to-month basis. The laps were more for ttc purposes (didn't help me get a natural bfp though!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->