Finally decided to have baby number two!

So sorry, Sarah Lou :hug: I'm right there with you. FX for you this next cycle!
CD 4 for me. AF is slowing down and on her way out.

GL Mrs.C! Wow, 6 nights in a row... you deserve to catch that egg!! :dust:

Hi lillysmum! :hi: Welcome!

Sorry about AF Sarah :hugs: she's a witch!!

So after FOUR days o blinking +OPK, I finally got the solid one yesterday. DH and I BDed for the SIXTH night in a row last night!!!! Begrudgingly. It sucked. Tonight will suck again! I so better catch this eggie...assuming it actually COMES OUT! Shy little bugger......

Sorry to hear its becoming a chore Mrs C :( DH and I are spicing things up, we only do it when we want to since this month will be more relaxed so far its way better!

Thanks guys! I'm not feeling too good about this month. My chart looks awful. I'm not sure I even ovulated. I finally got the negative OPK today. I guess time will tell

Are all the positives when you got the blinking face or just the solid one? Maybe if you keep the positive where you got the smiley face it may change your chart a bit :) I think you guys definitely should have caught the eggy though regardless when it came!!

Does anyone have suggestions on how to help my dd runny nose, she's caught a cold from her cousin and I'm not sure what to give her since Dimatap is for older children 3+

The one I used is available in all pharmacies, and is just vaporized water...
Maybe they have something like it in your local pharmacy?

GL, Mrs.C! It sounds like you definitely covered all your bases regardless of when you ovulated, so I'd say you have a really good chance of having caught that egg! :dust:

I'd love some feedback... I'm now considering postponing TTC for 3 months so I can lose weight. I feel really bad about my size right now. :( I gained 38 lbs w/ DD (and started that pregnancy 10lbs overweight for my height). I then lost all the weight + an additional 5 lbs, so for a while I was actually 5 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight.

However, over the last 9 months, I've gained 10 pounds back, so I now weigh MORE than I did when I started my last pregnancy, which is just devastating to me. I had every intention of starting the next pregnancy at a lower weight/lower size, and now I'm actually bigger. My BMI is about 27.5 and I feel awful.

To make matters worse, if we were to conceive within the next 3 tries, I'd be due in July, Aug, or Sept, which would mean being really BIG during the summer. :nope:

I felt so huge w/ DD, and I really wanted to be healthier and much more active with the next pregnancy (I didn't eat horribly last time, but I didn't exercise AT ALL). I was completely sedentary and felt like a giant blob. I was weak, achy, and I had no energy or stamina. I felt so unattractive. DH really wasn't interested at all :cry:

I'm not sure if I should risk it by postponing our TTC plans. I'm afraid if I hold off for a few months and then it takes several months to get pregnant and/or if we have any m/c's then our kids could potentially be spaced further apart than we had hoped. I worry that I may regret postponing things. I'm scared that I might always wonder, "what if we had started trying sooner"

OR, I risk getting pregnant sooner and looking enormous again. :( I know that the best thing for any future pregnancy/baby is to be healthy, and I don't feel that I am right now. I've been trying to eat better and have started going for short walks on most days, but I would definitely need to be a LOT more diligent with my eating and really increase my workouts in order to make real progress.

I talked to DH about it and he didn't have too much to say (as usual :growlmad:). He basically said he'll do whatever I feel is best. :shrug:

SO sorry for the super long post. Any advice?

I've been there Pedi! I had the sane inner debate about whether to try losing weight. I'm not overweight as such but am heavier than I was before having a baby and had real difficulties accepting my new body shape (I feel like my back is wider which I can't really do much about!) however, I've decided that I will try and exercise more during the whole TTC process and hope that I make a small dent in my weight/shape before falling pregnant.

I did want to delay TTC for a while but then I thought well, I'm 34 and I didn't want to have another baby when I'm late 30s (nothing wrong with that, just I personally want to have had my children before then!) so that kind of overrode the weight thing.

I don't know if I've got any real advice but for me, it was a decision that I arrived at over time. Once I decided it, i felt more at peace with my weight and, whilst I'm still trying to be good with food and exercise more, I'm not going to stop TTC and I will DEFINITELY be working harder to shift the weight after baby number 2! ( my fear is my back will get really wide, but I try and forget about that!!!!)

I think you'll decide one way or another and you'll just know! Thinking it over like you are is part of the natural process of arriving at your decision. Not sure if I've helped!? Sounds like I'm talking rubbish when I read it back :/

Sarah Lou, thank you!! That's VERY helpful. :hugs: I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one who's thought about this. I like your logical compromise in terms of working on your healthy lifestyle while you're TTC. That certainly makes sense.

I'm going to think about it some more and hopefully I can come to a decision by this time next week when I'll likely be ovulating. I just pray I'll be making the right decision.

Thank you again for your input; I really appreciate it! :)

Heaven,

As a pediatric RN, I would suggest just the basic home remedies for a common cold... a little bit of saline spray in the nose can help loosen things up. Cool-mist humidifiers are good, elevating her head at night, lots of rest, and extra fluids- the more hydrated she is, the thinner those secretions will be and thus, less likely to build up and cause problems. With the little ones, it's better if their nose is running vs. congested with thick mucus, since they're not old enough to blow that mucus out. I'm also a big believer in a high-quality multi-vitamin and probiotics on a daily basis- great for the immune system.

Honey is good for coughs (*children over 1 year of age only). You can thin it out a little with warm water and make a nectar consistency to coat the throat and soothe things.

Benadryl can dry up a runny nose, but it's an antihistamine, so it's really designed for allergies vs. a cold virus. Benadryl is safe to use from 6 months on (contrary to what the bottle may say), but the dose should always be weight-based and you should call your pediatrician's office to advise you on that.

I would just watch for a fever (anything 100.4+) for 48hrs or more, or any signs of an ear infection (excessive irritability, trouble sleeping, pulling/tugging on ears, or crying/screaming when she's lying flat). These would warrant a visit to the pedi.

And with the enterovirus going around, just be a bit more diligent about watching for a cough and ANY respiratory distress such as wheezing, especially if there's any history of asthma.

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks again ladies!
I've not lost hope overall but just with this cycle. I just don't think I ovulated!! Which means our week long bd marathon was futile :cry:

But maybe!!

Pedi - I can't relate on the weight loss front but I too am on the fence about TTC after this month as I don't want to spend my third trimester in summer heat!!!! But I'm also 36.5 years old so time is NOT on my side!!! Hence the debate...

Thanks pedi! I've got her sleeping with a humidifier she sounds like she is breathing through her nose better. She keeps pointing to her nose and saying ow bobo I wish I could make all her pain go away :(

Also as for the weight loss thing I'm on that issue too also planning for a wedding, I gained a lot with Dd and being on a year maternity I snacked a lot . I thought about putting it on hold but honestly I rather just keep TTC and plan for baby 2 when I know its happening. For now I'm on weight watchers :)

PediNurseMom -
It´s always got go come down to how you feel about being pregnant while overweight.
BMI doesn´t tell the whole story. My BMI today is just over 30, which would put me in the "obese" category, but my body type is heavy so a doctor would evaluate me as "chubby, borderline fat".
I was also worried about my weight being too high, as I´m 4kg´s heavier than when I started last time... I started that one at 79kg´s, ending at 109 when giving birth. It almost destroyed my joints and health... not good.
Right now I´m determined to keep healthy during this pregnancy, though its proving difficult because my MS is even worse this time around. Last time only carbs kept my MS down. I´m experimenting with marinated ginger (sushi ginger), and so far so good.
I´m 33, and I would like to be over with pregnancies at 35 at the latest. This´ll probably be my last pregnancy due to that... :shrug:

I think you´ll have to weigh your weight, your age, the desired age gap between children and more.
It´ll be difficult, but once you really think about it, then you´ll know what´s right for you :) (and then you´ll doubt yourself again about once a day or so ;) )
Being huge in the summer is also a dilemma, but hey, you´ll get to show off your bump more, right? :haha:
Personally I just plan on taking one day at a time. Eating as healthy as possible, and if I find even 15 minutes, just do a little bit at home if I can´t get to the gym or swimming pool. (Easy crunches, light push-ups and such).

When you really think about it, as soon as you´re "making" a new individual calories get burned automatically, so theoretically just by maintaining your daily routine now, you should be able to maintain that weight for most of your pregnancy. Theory doesn´t equal reality though ;)

Chez - I hope you´re still in the game :hugs:

Kisses - here is what my chart would look like if I ignored the blinking smileys and only went with the solid smiley peak fertility OPK+s. It would be anovulatory :cry: is that what you meant? I'm not sure I understand your suggestion.

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/katzeyes/BnB%20Pics/8D06F665-6DE6-4545-B621-655C5F5534F1_zpscbzqo6wz.png

Yes hun that's what I meant. Hmmm...so very odd!! If I had to take a guess I'd say you ovulated on the 21st :shrug: Did you get a high temp today? Seems as if your temp is too up and down to target anything which could be due to anything.

Mrs C, Heaven, and Preg Pilot... Thank you SO much for your feedback! I really appreciate your input; it was so helpful. You all made great points and it gave me a lot to think about.

DH and I ended up getting into a huge fight about the whole postponing TTC/weight loss issue. :dohh: I asked him again the other day if we should TTC or wait and I really thought he'd say something like, "I'll support you with whatever you want to do, but I think you look great and I'd really prefer not to postpone trying to conceive" Well... instead he said, "If what you really want is to get healthier beforehand, then I think we should wait." So of course, I took it to mean that he agreed with me that I was fat and shouldn't be getting pregnant right now. It really hurt my feelings and I'm having a hard time getting over it. Of course, he says that's not at all what he meant, but I interpreted it differently and felt even worse about my body than before :cry:

I then accused him of not really wanted another baby (ie, "If you really wanted another baby badly enough then you would have said that you don't want to postpone trying") and it turned into a whole big thing. :growlmad:

I don't know what to do. Part of me wants to just leave it up to God and see what happens (while I continue to work on losing weight in the meantime). I believe that if God feels I would benefit from some more time to get healthier, then I won't get pregnant right away. On the other hand, if we were to be blessed with a pregnancy sooner, then there's no reason why I can't continue to workout and eat well this time around.

I'm inclined to keep trying but the whole thing has left me with this uneasy feeling. I don't feel very excited to try this month and even though I'm now entering my fertile period (should ovulate middle of next week) I'm just not in the mood since DH and I haven't really been getting along. I'm due to start OPKs tomorrow and my heart's just not in it :nope:

I don't want to force TTC and have things be awkward and unnatural, but then again, maybe if I'm less invested this cycle, then I won't symptom spot as much and I could potentially be more relaxed, which would definitely be a good thing :shrug:

Still haven't decided what to do. If anyone has any advice please feel free to send it my way! Hope everyone's having a good weekend. :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->