First scan

Hey hunni good luck for thursday! Let us know how you get on! x x

Thank u :) how r u all feeing? Is anyone else really struggling with morning sickness? Xx

i have good patches and bad patches, there r times when food is the enemy :)
but i get enough good bits in a day that i can eat thank god.
mine started pretty early , ive been sicky feeling on and off for weeks but thank god no vomiting, shouldnt speak too soon but so far so good on that front :)
hope urs eases up a little soon hon xxx

Hi Erinsmummy, congrats on your BFP. Good luck on Thursday! It's such a nervous time isn't it. Make sure you let us know how you go. Xx I'm pretty lucky on the MS front. It seems to have calmed down quite a bit. I get the odd queasy moments and food aversions but in the whole scheme of things the MS isn't too bad.

Didn't you have a scan on Saturday Lilesmom? How was it sweets? I have another one next Wednesday.
Xx

I have nausea morning and mid afternoon to evening but I can eat a little breakfast and a decent lunch - but heaven help me if I try to eat dinner. It has eased slightly I think but ive been very tired which tends to make everything worse so its hard to tell
Good luck with this weeks scans

No word from my MW about my 10 week appt yet - will be calling on Friday if I havent heard anything by then I think I want a date for 12 week scan so I can book the private nuchal fold one

Mizze x

bubsta soz, im gettin confused between threads :) i thought i posted about my scan, it went great :) hb is 164 :) she said good strong hb, the hosp had put my bub 5 days behind what i said, she change it to within a day of my dates, :) im gonna stick with mine cos measuring they keep changing their minds :) but all was good thank god :)
it was a private scan and there was no comparison really to the hosp scan, there was a big tely below my feet where i could see it all :) and she agve me 5 pics :) she told me all she was doing and asked me if any qs. she just had more time for us i suppose :)
theyr lovely in hosp too but tis a rush job :)
how u doin? any news?

mizze hey, excuse my ignorance but whats the private nuchal fold one?
yeah tiredness defo makes the Ms worse, hope u feel better soon xxx
i just noticed, u bubsta and me r all exact same amount preg :)
we hopefully have only few weeks of ms left now :) xx

mizze i looked it up cos i was curious, i dont think i would go for that, i worry enough as it is, i would have myself freaked out for results if i did :) best o luck , hope u get ur app soon x

I'm so glad that your scan went well Lilesmom and it didn't feel rushed. Yay! 5pics! I'm so jealous, lol. The screen was more facing hubby with our first (and only scan thus far) so I didn't see a great deal of detail (I could see a little and could see the HB so that was the main thing) and I figured that I would see more in the pic... I got two but the ink was just too dark and poor quality so can't really see much. I'll make sure the screen is facing me better on Wednesday.

My 12 wk scan is the big one where they do further checks for DS and check the nuchal fold etc and do blood tests etc.

I hope you get your dates soon Mizzie. Xx

I'm quite lucky with just feeling very sick (still horrible) but not actually being sick :) though I still feel very anxious even though I have seen baby and HB..its so hard I can't wait till 12 weeks is over with! (I know we're all same on that one!)
Lilesmom glad your scan went well hunni..
Bubsta good luck next weds! :D
Mizzee I hope you hear from your MW soon
and Erinsmummy I hope your MS subsides soon!

I have my 1st MW appt monday 5th will hopefully have letter for 12 week scan few days after :happydance: x x

Thanks Kerrie, you are so right... Can't wait til that 12wk mark. With your MW appointment, do you get to have another scan?

No its just all the paperwork and family history so all the boring bits really lol..then after that I will get a letter through from the hospital to have 12 week scan so hopefully within the next 2 weeks I will see my lil bean again :) x

bubsta my first scan was the same OH could see but not me, she turned it to me for a sec alright but i was so scared and numb i couldnt appreciate it :)
woohoo bubsta another scan tomor enjoy hon xxx

yup kerrie totally agree on the 12 weeks :)
im the same im not actually throwing up so iknow im lucky too.
the nausea gets bad but least im able to keep stuff down :) xxx
hurray the 5th isnt too far away :) hope it flys in xxx

Bummer that you don't get another scan Kerrie, but at least your 10wks now so it won't be long til you have your 12wk scan. Yay! :happydance:

Thanks Lilesmom but its NEXT wed unfortunately, :nope: still, not long to go. :thumbup: I'm not sure how things work in different countries, but here in Australia we can pay for private health insurance (have had this for years) so it means one of the advantages is that I will have this baby through a private hospital and will have the same OBGYN etc throughout my pregnancy and delivery. I mention this because you refer to having a private scan and a hospital scan. All of my scans are private (having said that though. I have to pay for them all - I'm not sure if its the same for you). I don't have to go into the hospital for anything apart from the birth. So the scan I am having next Wednesday isn't a scheduled scan but I think it costs less than the scheduled ones. I'm mainly having this scan because my DD has to come to our 12wk scan (couldn't get a sitter) so I would be too nervous with her being there if I didn't have this reassurance scan first. X

bubsta u r so right, i would do the same just in case but i think its all gonna work out just fine xxxxxxxxxxxx im even believing it will for me too now :) xxxxx
ur DD will be so thrilled to see bub xxxx
we have strange system, everything maternity here is public and free if thats how u wanna go. I do have private health insurance too but if i wanted to go private it still costs loads. the health insurance owuld pay i think 3500 for me but i would have to pay around 4000 myself too and it doesnt really affect ur treatment cos if anything wrong u get priority anyway :) u may get private room thats about it and ur not even gauraunteed that :) so im goin public , so all my regular public scans and most checkups will be in the hosp . but then i paid for that extra scan cos mentally i needed it :)
next wed is a nice time for a scan too , u should see lots xxxxxxxxxxxxx

mizze i looked it up cos i was curious, i dont think i would go for that, i worry enough as it is, i would have myself freaked out for results if i did :) best o luck , hope u get ur app soon x

My age is against me hun (im 40 now!) and we did it last time with DD so we didnt have to wait for 15-16 weeks for NHS blood tests and then another week or more before they told you if there was a problem and then they take time to book you in IF you decide you want the amnio. In parts of England they do it at the 12 week scan as standard - its VERY annoying that in Wales they dont. I reasoned that id know much earlier on and it would give me a much better idea of whether I might want the amnio - the 3 fold test is so much more accurate than just the bloods. As it turned out DD's results were 1:2500 (my age risk then was under 1:500) so I put it to the back of mind and didnt worry about it at all after that. It was worth every penny just for that freedom

Felt okay yesterday although a recovering and very whiny DD nearly brought me to my knees - im glad im in work today tbh!

Felt very sick this morning but im thinking lack of sleep and overall bleugh from having to cope with a sick (literally and diarrhea) DD all last week have made me worse today. Feel better now I have had lunch

Its funny - at lunch I can eat for Wales but by 4-5pm I CANNOT face food at all :sick:

Mizze

oh mizze i totally understand why someone would want it but i was just thinking of myself and how nervous i was till now :) and didnt wanna go back to nerves again :)
but u r so right , peace of mind with gettin such low odds is so worth gettin it done xxxx
oh no work is nearly a break for u after ur hectic weekend u poor girl xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hoep u feel better soon, is DD ok again xx

thanks Liliesmom - yes DD seems to be better - still a little off her food and a bit quiet and easily upset but this horrible bug lingers for so long its horrible. My other family members who got it are still not right. Frankly I cannot understand how I didnt get it but im damn grateful that I didnt!

Mizze x

12 week scan today.... I can't tell if me feeling sick is just my morning sickness or nerves!!

good luck today ErinsMummy! xx

Mizze x

Hi Lilesmom, maybe our systems don't sound that much different then. There certainly is the option of going through the public system which is free here too, but with the health cover option that I am on, all I have to pay (apart from my normal fortnightly payments for the cover) is a one off hospital fee (I think it's $250) and I get a private room (where hubby can stay) and nothing further out of pocket (apart from scans). The bill for my daughter came in at (from memory) about $7,500 (if not more) - but it was all covered. The midwives/paediatrician/Drs etc (had an emergency c-section as well) were all awesome so Private it is. :thumbup: Ultimately, so long as you and bubba come out safe and you have support, that is all that really matters. Xxx. Thanks for the best wishes for Wednesday. Xxx :hugs:

Good luck with your scan today Erinsmummy, :hugs: it's crazy nerve wracking isn't it. I'm sure everything will just be perfect! Make sure you let us know. Xx

I'm glad that DD is feeling a bit better Mizzie and that you didn't catch the lurgy! It does take a little time for the littlies to get over these things doesn't it. I'm sure it won't be long and she will be back to her bright bubbly self. :hugs:
I can relate to the age thing Mizzie. I'm 37 and will feel better having the peace of mind that there are hopefully no unexpected surprises. Xx

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->