First time IVF Buddies

Sorry zelly, I can understand your disappointment. What is the fertility unit in Hampshire called? Hope the unit took good care of your cycle. Did you make a note of how many follicles and what size are they on day 10? I believe any follicle above 18 mm will have a decent chance to have a mature egg. I hope all the four eggs make it to day 5. Fx.

The were hoping for about 6 to 8 when had scan so not sure what happened. Jut hope they're all good quality. Tomorrow will find out. I got to wessex fertility (freya) in Southampton. They are lovely there.

I'm a little sore and woozy still and felt bit sick but think that was because I was hungry so now i have eaten feel better. Lying on sofa with my cat OH and crap tele.

Just the anxious wait for the call tomorrow.

How are the rest of u? Xx

All four made it :) Just hope they hang on in there. They will call again Mon to update me and then have one put back in on Weds xx

So happy for you, yaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!

That's great Zelly! Only takes 1!!

As for me, the last few days have been awful to be honest. But, yesterday I went to see my doctor and he gave us the go ahead to start a frozen cycle right away. I start estrace today, then if all goes well, transfer nov. 3. One thing he changed.....have to be on PIO instead of the progesterone suppositories. Not really excited about that, but apparently it's better, especially in a frozen cycle.

Exciting stuff Zelly really hope it all works out and you get a good little sticky bean.

Amanda that's great news so happy for you. Again I hope you get the result we all want for you.

I'm struggling. Going through stages. I'm blaming myself a lot, I know it's not my fault but still. We don't get to start again straight away, they advise we have a normal cycle before we do. My DH wants us to go away for a break in February before we get going again too. It's a nice idea but as much as I'd love a holiday I just want to get on with the FET. I desperately want this to work xx

That's great Zelly! Only takes 1!!

As for me, the last few days have been awful to be honest. But, yesterday I went to see my doctor and he gave us the go ahead to start a frozen cycle right away. I start estrace today, then if all goes well, transfer nov. 3. One thing he changed.....have to be on PIO instead of the progesterone suppositories. Not really excited about that, but apparently it's better, especially in a frozen cycle.

Hi amanda,

It's so great you are doing the frozen cycle. I'm on the same boat, but instead of the synthetic cycle with the PIO, my doc said we should try a natural first with the suppositories.

I asked her 10,000 if there's any difference in the success rate between one or the other and she assured me the efficacy is the same. I guess each doctor and each clinic is different, but I sure hope both methods work well.

Exciting stuff Zelly really hope it all works out and you get a good little sticky bean.

Amanda that's great news so happy for you. Again I hope you get the result we all want for you.

I'm struggling. Going through stages. I'm blaming myself a lot, I know it's not my fault but still. We don't get to start again straight away, they advise we have a normal cycle before we do. My DH wants us to go away for a break in February before we get going again too. It's a nice idea but as much as I'd love a holiday I just want to get on with the FET. I desperately want this to work xx

Hi tootsi,

I know it's tough, but do not blame yourself. You are doing everything right and this is absolutely not your fault.

I'm with you, I understand the need to start the frozen cycle as soon as possible!

Ohh Tootsi it's so hard isn't it. But hang on in there. Your time will come.

Thanks ladies. Nervously waiting for Mondays call.

Also how long after ER did you still have abdominal cramp and spotting?

Tootsi it is so hard to deal, I hope you will be alright soon.
Day of ER I had pain but no spotting from evening.Next day I was alright. I was told by the nurse to take the full of dose of paracetamol for 2 days. I took for three days three times two tablets 500mg each

Sorry ive been MIA girls.

Zelly, 4 is fab....quality over quantity :thumbup:

I had my appointment to get my FET cycle planned. I start buserelin injections for down reg on the 25th of Oct, i have a down reg scan on the 16th Nov, start progynova that day until 27th Nov, have a lining scan that day then hopefully start cyclogest for 5 days. If all goes according to plan, transfer should be around 2nd of December 😃

Xx

Sorry I've been a bit MIA, I'll have to catch up completely. Can see some got BFNs, so sorry to hear that:hugs: I hope you have much better luck next time :dust:

AFM started downregulation injections last night:happydance: My appointment went fine except they found a 30 mm cyst in my left ovary. But the nurse was sure that 2 weeks of downregulation will get rid of it so no worries. She could tell I'd definitely Oed and that my lining looked really good. So was shown how to inject Suprefact (since I'd rather inject 1 a day instead of use a nasal spray 3 times a day). Had some beginner's problems with getting the medicine out of the vial plus avoid getting huge air bubbles and it was a bit hard to switch needles (use big ones to get the medicine out and smaller ones for the actual injection) but it worked out in the end.

Kat, the trick is to fill the syringe with 0.5ml of air, push it into the vial and you'll find it alot easier to get the liquid out. If you dont do this, it causes a vacuum within the bottle. Fill your needle up slowly until its full, then push the plunger down quickly until you reach your actual dose. That should get rid of air bubbles. Small bubbles actually wont make a difference and you'll find you become much more relaxed about it all soon x

Kat, the trick is to fill the syringe with 0.5ml of air, push it into the vial and you'll find it alot easier to get the liquid out. If you dont do this, it causes a vacuum within the bottle. Fill your needle up slowly until its full, then push the plunger down quickly until you reach your actual dose. That should get rid of air bubbles. Small bubbles actually wont make a difference and you'll find you become much more relaxed about it all soon x

Thanks :) Yeah that's what I was trying to do but I somehow managed to get a large air bubble:wacko: I was filling up a tad too fast I guess. I think it was due to nerves, I'm always a bit nervous when doing something the 1st time and get more relaxed about things after the 2nd or 3rd time. I'm sure tonight's shot will go better.

Waiting nervously for the call. I feel so sick :-(

How r u ladies?

Fx for you zelly. I hope you will receive good news soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->