First time IVF Buddies

So they called. They said on day 3 they want them to be between 6 and 9 cells. 1 is 5 but may catch up, 1 is 6, 1 is 7 and other is 10 but they may slow down. Good news. They will call again weds to discuss further and decide which one to put back in weds afternoon and how many we can freeze

That's great news, zelly!!! Fingers crossed for a sticky one :)

I had my polyp removal yesterday. Everything went well, but this time the anesthesia really knocked me out. I slept all day!

We decided to do a natural transfer cycle, so once the biopsy results come in I'll stop with the birth control pills and wait for ovulation to happen. I'll use the progesterone suppositories to ensure everything is in tip top shape and then we'll finally do the transfer. So anxious!

Thanks cupcake. Exciting for you too :) Hope you're feeling better today after you procedure x

Today is the day. Feeling nervous as I am hoping all or at least 2 of them have survived....

Thought I will share my experience on embryo transfer day and full bladder. I went to hospital with not so full bladder. I would say 70% full and thought I could wait for atleast half an hour to go to toilet.
Embryologist said they want to transfer one good quality blastocyst 3BB. There is another 4BC blastocyst. Based on a research, eSET will give good pregnancy rate if the embryo >= 3bb (AA, AB, BA, BB). I was tempted for DET as there was no A grade blastocyst but finally went for eSET with 3bb blastocyst. As soon as the transfer started with speculum inserted, I felt so much surge to pee and was thanking I did not have the feeling of full bladder when they started to put the speculum. However, the nurse said I had a full bladder which I thought was good. The entire transfer felt long (may be 10 - 15 min).After removing the speculum after the process, I did not have the urge to pee anymore. I could have easily waited for 30 more minutes to go to toilet.

However, make sure you have close to full bladder, otherwise they can't see the uterus properly.

Thanks for the advice. They asked me to drink 300ml hour hour before appt. I have such a weak bladder. When I went for one of my egg growth scans you had to have a empty bladder. I hadn't drunk much all day, went to loo when got there, 10 mins later she asked if I had been to loo and how long ago as my bladder was full, lol!! Didn't need to pee tho, strange.

How r u ? Any updates? Xx

So they just called. 2 didn't make it. One perfect one to go in today and then they'll reassess the other one this afternoon to see if they can freeze it. I so hope it makes it...

So they just called. 2 didn't make it. One perfect one to go in today and then they'll reassess the other one this afternoon to see if they can freeze it. I so hope it makes it...

Hi zelly,

I'm sorry two didn't make it, but focus on the perfect one going in today!!!! And you could have a frostie too :)

Best of luck with the transfer and fingers crossed for a sticky bean!

Thank you.

One went back, they said it's the best quality grade it can be :) and they froze the other one... Yay!!!

Just hope it's a sticky one, the next 11 days are going to be hard!!

Very happy for you. You proved quality matters, not quantity. Having 1 to freeze out of 4 eggs collected is excellent outcome. Blastocysts have good implantation rate. On an average, I have noticed people will get positive from 5dp5dt using FRER. I hope you don't have to wait 11 days, I am sure for most it would be 5 - 8 days using FRER. Fx for you.

Thank you. Will try my best not to test earlier, but easier said than done :)

Thank you.

One went back, they said it's the best quality grade it can be :) and they froze the other one... Yay!!!

Just hope it's a sticky one, the next 11 days are going to be hard!!

Woohoo, zelly! Great news! Sticky dust to you :)

Hey girls congratulations on your transfers today.

I'm not doing too bad. Got our next appointment through which isn't till December so we have a while to go before anything else happens for us. I'd say it will be January when we start the FET process. It's strange how each clinic does things differently. I'd would of loved to get started again straight away but they recommend getting your body back to normal but guess they know best.

Ive been suffering bad heads but think it's a mixture of the hormones, my period and stress. My DH and I have been together 10 yrs this Weekend and he has booked us in for a spa day. I am so looking forward to that.

Fingers crossed for you all xx

Tootsi, have a wonderful time at the spa. Sounds like a great and well deserved 10-year celebration!

How are you doing zelly? Any symptoms yet?

I start buserelin injections tonight for FET, im so ready to warm my snowbaby for 9 months ☺

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->