First time IVF Buddies

Thanks for the advice ladies. The one today went much better and not an emotional wreck today, just a bit snappy
Poor OH, lol

Hope you're all well and enjoying the weekend x

How are we all ladies?

I had my Day 10 scan and eggs are coming along nicely, they think between 8 and 10, I thought this was quite low?? Back again on Weds and booked in for ER on Fri at 12, which means I will have to set my alarm to do my final injection at midnight on Weds

Hey Zelly that's good. You'll be surprised at how quickly they'll come along in a couple of days.

I'm ok tripped over yesterday, I was heartbroken just in case I'd maybe done some damage but popped to my docs and they told me not to worry!! I'm stiff as a post today though.

I'm getting anxious for my beta on Wednesday. I just don't know how I'm. Feeling I sometimes think it's got to of worked but then I think what if it hasn't ?? It's an emotional roller coaster guess we will find out in a couple of days!

Good luck for tomorrow Amanda. I have everything crossed for you.

Hope everyone else is well xx

Hey Zelly that's good. You'll be surprised at how quickly they'll come along in a couple of days.

I'm ok tripped over yesterday, I was heartbroken just in case I'd maybe done some damage but popped to my docs and they told me not to worry!! I'm stiff as a post today though.

I'm getting anxious for my beta on Wednesday. I just don't know how I'm. Feeling I sometimes think it's got to of worked but then I think what if it hasn't ?? It's an emotional roller coaster guess we will find out in a couple of days!

Good luck for tomorrow Amanda. I have everything crossed for you.

Hope everyone else is well xx

Ohh no, bless you. Make sure you rest. Good luck for Weds x

I know what you mean about a roller coaster. I am a complete mess at the moment :cry:

Hi, zelly

Don't worry too much about the numbers just yet. Not all follicles showed in the last ultrasound so we ended up with more eggs than we anticipated, so that could be the case. Good luck on the retrieval!

Tootsi,

Hopefully the stiffness will go away soon and you'll be back to normal in no time! Fingers crossed for your beta :)

Amanda,

How are you doing?

Emotional roller coaster for sure!!! I don't think I'm going to get ANY sleep tonight.

I've been a mess all weekend, crying my eyes out for nothing and everything all at once. DH thinks I'm crazy.
Tootsi I totally know what you mean, I feel like it has to have worked, but at the same time I'm already devastated that it hasn't. I've been saying to DH, if this one didn't work, what if I can NEVER get pregnant? Mind always goes to worst case scenario. Anyways, thanks ladies for keeping everything crossed for me!!! I don't know how I'm going to make it through all this hehe.
Will let you guys know tomorrow!

I thought that the first 2 weeks were going to be the worst, but this 2ww has kicked my ass. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with bad news tomorrow.

Zelly, it will all come so soon!!

Cupcake how are you doing?

Just one more day, amanda! Fingers crossed!!!

I spoke to my nurse yesterday to go over next steps. I have a polyp removal surgery on Monday and then we'll start getting ready for frozen embryo transfer.

She said I have two options: wait for my natural cycle and do vaginal suppositories OR do progesterone shots.

The thing with the shots is that I would have to keep taking them daily for 6 weeks and it freaks me out a little bit because it's the intramuscular one and I would have to inject myself in the butt.

But she did say that when you do the suppositories with the natural cycle there's a chance they could miss my ovulation window. Also, it would take longer to do the transfer because we would have to wait for my cycle.

I really don't like the idea of the shots, but it seems like the safer choice.

I haven't made up my mind yet, and I have to say, this is tough! Was anyone else given this option?

Hey cupcake I have no idea about what they are planning for you but the safer option seems the best one to me. I'm sure you will make the right decision.

I've had period like cramps all day. Feels like I'm going to get my period any day now.

Oh gosh, amanda, I'm so sorry. Thinking of you and sending you a big bear hug

:hug:

It was a negative for me today too.

Wishing all of you the best of luck with your journey to becoming a mammy xx

So sorry tootsi :( did they give you a "what's next" appointment? How are you doing?

Thanks girls. I'm gutted. It feels ten times worse than a negative you get from trying naturally as you put so much time and effort into it. We have been able to get pregnant naturally in the past but just never been able to get past 6 weeks. The main reason for ivf was because I lost my left tube and getting pregnant naturally would maybe take longer. Plus I'm not getting any younger!!

We will get an appointment through for 6 -8 weeks time to go over what we want to do next. We have two frozen eggs so I guess that will probably be our next step. It won't be till after Christmas now though I have no holidays left at work plus I want a bit of time to make sure it's what we want. We have been through so much over the years and I blame myself everytime. It's torture x

How you doing Amanda. What's next for you ?

I am sorry ladies, I totally agree on the pain being 10 times more than a BFN n natural cycle. It is so difficult to stay positive

I opted for single embryo transfer 3BB and they said they have frozen three embryos which are 4bc on 5th day, 3bb and 4cb on 6th day. I might beat myself for not transferring two embryos if I get BFN. However, single embryo seemed sensible for this cycle based on research and suggestions. Anything >= 3bb is a good one to opt for eSET.

I must say eventhough I was happy to have a blast of good quality, I was a bit disappointed when the embryologist mentioned the grades, as there was no A grade blastocyst. I know grade does not matter but hope the fragmentation was less.
18 eggs were collected, 15 were mature, 11 fertilised, 10 on day 3 and 2 blastocysts on day 5 and two more on day 6. I think I had a decent report but don't think it was great going by the number of mature eggs. Anyway, I will be more than happy with what I got if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->