First time IVF Buddies

Mine were like that. I got awful hot sweats too I'm dreading the menopause ha.

I'm very bloated so that's a little uncomfortable and the hospital called today to say my fluids are low so I need to drink more and go back for more bloods on Thursday. It's a nightmare when our clinic is a two hour drive away but needs must.

I'm just feeling really anxious and hoping that this is finally our time xx

Mine were like that. I got awful hot sweats too I'm dreading the menopause ha.

I'm very bloated so that's a little uncomfortable and the hospital called today to say my fluids are low so I need to drink more and go back for more bloods on Thursday. It's a nightmare when our clinic is a two hour drive away but needs must.

I'm just feeling really anxious and hoping that this is finally our time xx

Oh my gosh, tootsi, you had hot sweats too? I thought it was just my imagination, that maybe I was going crazy. Ha! Now I know I'm not the only one.

This whole hydration thing is so important. Keep drinking!!

I've been having so much water and Gatorade I feel like throwing up. When will this damn OHSS get better? Ugh!

Good luck, tootsi.

Hey ladies, quick update from moi!
Out of our 5 embryos, we have 1 healthy unaffected embaby. He/she is a fully hatched blastocyst graded 6BC using the gardner grading system.
Im transferring said little snow baby mid November so start down regulation injections again on oct 25th.

How are we all???? X

Hey ladies, quick update from moi!
Out of our 5 embryos, we have 1 healthy unaffected embaby. He/she is a fully hatched blastocyst graded 6BC using the gardner grading system.
Im transferring said little snow baby mid November so start down regulation injections again on oct 25th.

How are we all???? X

Woohoo! That's great news, rachy! Transfer will be here before you know it :winkwink:

"Little snow baby". Love it!

My update: OHSS is kicking my ass! Ugh!

I still get the odd hot sweat now and then but it could be worse.

Rachy that's great news so pleased for you.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Really hope your doing ok Amanda xx

That's great Rachy!

Cupcake hope you feel better soon!

Tootsi, I can't imagine having to drive 2 hours to the clinic every time.

I'm hanging in there. Decided not to test again until beta day which is Tuesday. Still 5 days away. Hubby would love me to test earlier, but I'm not sure I could handle if it was negative, but then still have to stay on all these meds until the confirmation on beta day. I'm so sure that the second little line will show up, that if it doesn't I'll be devastated. I'd rather only be devastated one time rather than 2 if that makes sense. It's funny, because I really thought I'd be the one testing every day starting a week in lol. Ah well. Emotionally I'm a hot mess, been having daily meltdowns for no reason since Monday, these hormones are kicking my ass! Soooo bloated I'm uncomfortable, and my stomach has been messy off on and on. The things we do to ourselves, hopefully it's not all for nothing!!!

Oh cupcake, have they given you any medication to help. I had to take clexane injections because my blood had thickened due to loosing all my fluid to my abdomen. I was huge. Thankfully it does get better when af shows or with proper management during pregnancy.

Tootsi, during down regging i didn't get the sweats but once i started stims in conjunction with Buserelin, I was a soggy mess!
Ive no advice to help except have a good moan at anyone within eye shot :thumbup:

Well done Amanda for not testing! I will test early because I have no will power :wacko: xx

Moan a lot it defiantly helps.

The early morning trips to the clinic have been a bit of a nightmare as we set off at 6am so we can get the earliest appointment then we can get back to work at a decent time. It's been tiring but worth it I hope.

My beta is on Wednesday. Do you have to wait long for your results? Again we get our bloods done first thing then we have to wait for a phone call between 3 and 5. I've taken the day off as I'll be on edge all day long.

I have no desire to do a test yet, my husband would rather I didn't too. He is right but I'd never tell him that ha. In a way I'm too scared to know. Scared it hasn't worked and scared if it has whether or not we will miscarry again. Staying pregnant is gona be the hardest job for us!

Stay strong Amanda 5 days is nothing in the grander scheme of things and blood tests show up much more than a normal one. I know it's hard though not sure I could wait much longer than Wednesday! !

Cupcake hope your feeling better soon.

Zelly how's the injections going ? xx

Oh cupcake, have they given you any medication to help. I had to take clexane injections because my blood had thickened due to loosing all my fluid to my abdomen. I was huge. Thankfully it does get better when af shows or with proper management during pregnancy.

Tootsi, during down regging i didn't get the sweats but once i started stims in conjunction with Buserelin, I was a soggy mess!
Ive no advice to help except have a good moan at anyone within eye shot :thumbup:

Well done Amanda for not testing! I will test early because I have no will power :wacko: xx

Hi rachy,

I just got back from the clinic. They did blood work, transvaginal and regular ultrasounds and urine analysis. They haven't given me any drugs because the think I'll start seeing improvement in the next 24-48 hours.

My belly is so bloated it looks like I'm 5 months pregnant, but I was told to just keep resting, having small meals (because of nausea and heartburn) and drinking plenty of fluids. I gotta say, this has been a really tough week.

Hope everyone else is doing ok!!

Hi can I join please? I will have my ET tomorrow and still not decided about single or double blastocysts transfer if we have good quality blastocysts tomorrow

Welcome, gkmk! I'm not sure how many blasts we'll have, but we already decided that if we have multiples that we'll transfer two.

My husband is a twin and my siblings are twins too, so I guess we kinda always expected to get two, even before we found out about our fertility issues. We'll be delighted whether we get a singleton or twins, though.

Just make sure that if you transfer two that you and your partner are okay with the idea of twins. Good luck with the transfer!

Thanks cupcake. My husband and myself will be very happy with twins as long as we have healthy twins. I don't think I will be able to take a BFN and my husband strongly says we should increase our chances by going for double.

Hi Gk, transferring 2 actually doesnt increase your chance of pregnancy by much more than 5% but it does increase your chances of twins considerably. You need to be aware of a higher implantation rate with blastocysts particularly of a good grade. If you have used assisted hatching it increases your chance of identicals also. Success really depends on age, uterine receptivity and quality of blastocyst transferred. Im 31 so i can only transfer 1 anyway as im nhs funded x

Moan a lot it defiantly helps.

The early morning trips to the clinic have been a bit of a nightmare as we set off at 6am so we can get the earliest appointment then we can get back to work at a decent time. It's been tiring but worth it I hope.

My beta is on Wednesday. Do you have to wait long for your results? Again we get our bloods done first thing then we have to wait for a phone call between 3 and 5. I've taken the day off as I'll be on edge all day long.

I have no desire to do a test yet, my husband would rather I didn't too. He is right but I'd never tell him that ha. In a way I'm too scared to know. Scared it hasn't worked and scared if it has whether or not we will miscarry again. Staying pregnant is gona be the hardest job for us!

Stay strong Amanda 5 days is nothing in the grander scheme of things and blood tests show up much more than a normal one. I know it's hard though not sure I could wait much longer than Wednesday! !

Cupcake hope your feeling better soon.

Zelly how's the injections going ? xx

Hey. I started my 2nd injection today Certitude and that is not a nice one. Felt sick, stings like mad after and then skin itches and comes out red and blotchy. I was warned is like a bee sting.

I have been an emotional mess today. Crying most of the day for non real reason or getting really angry. Hope its all worth it.

Rachy - how exiting. Good luck x

Gk - welcome x

Tootsi - Good luck for Weds x

Cupcakelover - hope you feel better soon x

Amanda - hang on in there x

Your doing great zelly :hugs: Not long til collection now :thumbup: xx

Hi zelly,

I had a similar reaction with Ganirelix. Within 5 minutes the injection site would be red and super itchy and painful. It drove me crazy!!

I did learn a trick that helped a lot: What caused the itchiness was the contact between the drug and the outer layers of the skin. I started wiping the needle with an alcohol swab after removing air bubbles and before injecting. I could not believe the difference! It still looked red, but the pain and itchiness were completely gone.

I know it's a different drug, but give it a shot!

Also, I finally heard from the clinic. They were able to freeze 8 blasts! :happydance:

I'm so excited I can't barely believe it. OHSS is still kicking my ass, but I'm so happy I don't even care right now.

Welcome GK. I also was only allowed one blastocyst transfered but it was a good apparantly.

Zelly you'll get used to it, either that or you just learn to get on with it. A good cry will of done you good.

That's a great result cupcake I only ended up up with 2 frozen but better then none.

Had some really bad cramping today not unbearable but uncomfortable. It's kinda moved round to the back of my right side? Does this sound normal ? Fretting over every twinge xx

I'm not sure if it's normal, tootsi, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Don't over analyze or you'll drive yourself crazy :)

Thanks ladies. Statistics makes me even more confused about double. It will be very tough to decide but will go with our gut feeling tomorrow.

Sorry I haven't been much on but since there's nothing happening until 1 week where we start downregulation, there's not much to mention:winkwink: Glad to see that so many are doing so well and looking forward to when I can better join in on the discussion :)

Hi Gk, transferring 2 actually doesnt increase your chance of pregnancy by much more than 5% but it does increase your chances of twins considerably. You need to be aware of a higher implantation rate with blastocysts particularly of a good grade. If you have used assisted hatching it increases your chance of identicals also. Success really depends on age, uterine receptivity and quality of blastocyst transferred. Im 31 so i can only transfer 1 anyway as im nhs funded x

My RE told us that transferring 2 can actually decrease your chances, particularly if one is good quality and one is of lesser quality. Something about the lesser quality embie affecting the good quality embie's ability to implant. Plus she wants to avoid twin pregnancies because she considers them risky. So the hospital I'm going to will only put one back in for these reasons (no matter personal preference) and just freeze the other fertilised embies, providing they are considered viable for the freezing process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->