First time IVF Buddies

OMG congrats zelly:flower: Hope I get as lucky as you on my IVF:winkwink:

rachy: Hope time moves more quickly for you soon. I know how you feel though, it seems like it's been forever before my 2nd scan would be here and it soon is (on Monday).

amanda: Hope your FET goes great and you get your BFP:flower:

AFM nothing much to tell. Still having nausea and headaches on the Suprefact. I pray that these side effects stop once I start on Bemfola, hopefully on Monday. Checked out how much those Bemfola pens (with 225 IU) cost here and apparently they cost $110 each if the website I saw is correct (and I need to start with buying 7 of them):wacko: Since DH can't come with me on Monday (although he says he'll be 100% sure to get a day off on my egg retrieval day) he needs to give me enough money to buy them after my appointment if they let me start stimming that day (I'm a housewife so have no income). He doesn't believe they cost that much but will give me enough in case they do:haha:

Thank you Kat and good luck with your journey and hope you feeling better soon (it'll be worth it)

Oh wow, that's amazing zelly, mahooooooosive congratulations! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Congratulations Zelly that's great news.

I just want to get on with my FET January feels like a life time away !! xx

Thank you cupcake and Tootsi

Tootsi - Jan will be here before you know it...

Oy forgot to update. Unfortunately have a cyst in one ovary so have to downregulate 1 more week:wacko: The RE was pretty sure it'd go away but if not they'll go in and remove it. They also took a blood test to check my hormones and think they're going to see if it's a fluid cyst or a hormone cyst.

Was so upset:cry: Not only does this delay things but I'm not feeling well on the Suprefact, what with all the nausea, headaches and mood swings and starting FSH removes all the side effects:wacko: DH and I will have to avoid visiting anyone this week because I'm an emotional mess.

How are you ladies? Any updates? x

Ok, I'm sorry but I need to vent to a bit. Please bear with me.

I've been having such a bad experience with the financial person at my clinic. I've been crying at work for the past two days because every five minutes something seems to change with my case. I'm about to start the FET cycle tomorrow and I'm feeling so mentally exhausted and defeated trying to fight financial matters.

They shouldn't be allowed to tell you have coverage, then go back and say you don't, then say you have until 4:00 to confirm you do or cancel your cycle. It's frustrating because I've done everything right, I've gotten confirmation from the clinic and the insurance saying everything was set to go, but clearly that's not the case.

I'm just so mad that I have to keep fighting these people at a moment where I should be focusing on the transfer, not proving that I have coverage.

Sorry for the vent, but I'm just so frustrated.

Oy forgot to update. Unfortunately have a cyst in one ovary so have to downregulate 1 more week:wacko: The RE was pretty sure it'd go away but if not they'll go in and remove it. They also took a blood test to check my hormones and think they're going to see if it's a fluid cyst or a hormone cyst.

Was so upset:cry: Not only does this delay things but I'm not feeling well on the Suprefact, what with all the nausea, headaches and mood swings and starting FSH removes all the side effects:wacko: DH and I will have to avoid visiting anyone this week because I'm an emotional mess.

Oh, kat. I can relate to being an emotional mess!

Regarding the cyst, I know it sucks but it is better to deal with it now then to let it become a bigger issue. When the doc found a polyp in my uterus and said we had to remove it I was devastated, but it turns out that leaving it there could've led to a miscarriage. It was tough to come to terms with being delayed for an entire cycle, but it was for a good reason.

Feel better!

cupcake: Yeah we also have no choice but to get rid of it. They won't let me start FSH until it goes away or until they remove it. I'm hoping it does go away though, I assume the RE wouldn't suggest 1 more week of downregulation if it never or almost never resolves a cyst?

I'm so sorry that you are having financial issue with the clinic:hugs: I don't know much about it (since the actual IUIs/IVFs here are free providing you're TTC #1 and have gotten a referral) so can only offer moral support:hugs: The only suggestion I can think of is can't the insurance company talk to the clinic themselves and help you sort it out?

Cupcake, im sorry you're having to deal with this shit, hope you can get this sorted soon x

Kat, have you had a down regulation bleed yet, sometimes it takes a little longer than others but providing your cyst isnt functional, you should be good to start stims soon. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids to help with your headaches x

I think i have a functional cyst, probably left over from egg collection because i didnt actually ovulate this month. Im on day 10 of down regulation and af is 4 days late. My dr scan isnt until the 16th so im hoping thats enough time for my suspected cyst to collapse and resolve. Im so ready to start estrogen x

Thanks, guys! It feels good to vent :)

kat, believe it or not the clinic did reach out to the insurance directly and apparently they confirmed my coverage. Go figure!!

Despite all the craziness, we'll start the cycle tomorrow morning with blood work and ultrasound.

Amanda, how did the transfer go?

Transfer went great! Dr. Said it went perfect, so happy with that! It was a different doctor this time, apparently this one has more success. Now I'm just waiting for my 2nd acupuncture session of the day.

cupcake: That's just crazy, so it's resolved then? FXed this cycle goes well for you :dust:

amanda: FXed that this is your cycle :dust:

Kat, have you had a down regulation bleed yet, sometimes it takes a little longer than others but providing your cyst isnt functional, you should be good to start stims soon. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids to help with your headaches x

Yep had it on CD27 or 28 so that's not the problem. If I hadn't have bled they would want me to take an HPT to be sure I wasn't pregnant. They won't let me start stims until the cyst is gone, one way or another:nope: The RE was talking about going in and removing it if need be. I'll know on Monday (the 9th) what's going to happen for sure. I just hope this extra week resolves the cyst and I won't have to worry anymore about it. I just so want to start stims :( I'm practically frothing at the mouth to get started:haha:

I totally understand how anxious you are to get started. I actually down regulated for 5 weeks before starting stims so i know that doing it longer wont affect your cycle. Its probably best that the cyst is gone & you dont want anything to scupper your chances. Fingers crossed another week is more than sufficient :thumbup: xx

I totally understand how anxious you are to get started. I actually down regulated for 5 weeks before starting stims so i know that doing it longer wont affect your cycle. Its probably best that the cyst is gone & you dont want anything to scupper your chances. Fingers crossed another week is more than sufficient :thumbup: xx

Wow 5 weeks, why did you need to downregulate for that long:wacko: Yes here's hoping it's gone by next week's scan:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->