• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First time IVF Buddies

Hey DLP, Im posting this screenshot for you to gain hope from. Good luck hun x

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-14-18-51-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-14-18-51-33.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 17
Welcome DLP and good luck.

Amanda I bet your nervous but try and stay positive.

I have my follow up appointment on the 2nd December and I guess we will discuss when we will start our FET but it won't be till after Christmas as I'm out of holidays at work and still making up time I owe ��.

Thought I would share a little positive story. My sister in laws sister has struggled with fertility for a while and was told she would never concieve naturally. She has undergone a couple rounds of ivf but had no luck. Low and behold before starting her next round she has fell pregnant naturally and is now 12 weeks pregnant!!

I know it's gave me a glimmer of hope, hope it does you guys as well xx

Hi DLP

They only retrieved 4 eggs from me on ER day, all 4 fertilised, 2 made it, so had one put back and one frozen and got my BFP. They said my egg reserve was too high so halved all my medication and then had too little but it does work. You never know you may still end up with lots. GL x

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well. Seems to be a lot happening with people tomorrow so GL. Thinking about you all x

Congratulations, zelly1! Your story gives me more hope. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks guys! Hehe and now I'm off to a baby shower today, for a friend who's due in a couple weeks. I've found it slightly easier to deal with her, as she also went through IVF because her and her girlfriend obviously couldn't do things naturally. I've decided not to test again before that, so I can go with the idea that I'm still pregnant. Betas on Monday, and I've been emotional and very slight pms cramps. feel different than last time, but could all be the meds, and the fact that this time it's a frozen cycle.

Kat good luck on Monday! Hopefully you've got some nice follies. I'll be thinking of you!

Cupcake, hope your linking thickens! To switch to a medicated, would they just start giving you estrogen and delay transfer? On a natural cycle, would you have to take progesterone supplements at all after?

Tootsi, what's your timeline again?

Hi, amanda

Apparently if we switch to a medicated cycle the delay won't be too bad, just a few extra days. My nurse said my transfer will probably happen before Thanksgiving even if we switch (fingers crossed, can't wait!)

On the natural cycle I would have to take progesterone, but just the suppositories starting five days before the transfer. If we switch to medicated I'll start estrogen tomorrow and then add PIO shots.

Welcome DLP and good luck.

Amanda I bet your nervous but try and stay positive.

I have my follow up appointment on the 2nd December and I guess we will discuss when we will start our FET but it won't be till after Christmas as I'm out of holidays at work and still making up time I owe ��.

Thought I would share a little positive story. My sister in laws sister has struggled with fertility for a while and was told she would never concieve naturally. She has undergone a couple rounds of ivf but had no luck. Low and behold before starting her next round she has fell pregnant naturally and is now 12 weeks pregnant!!

I know it's gave me a glimmer of hope, hope it does you guys as well xx

Thanks for sharing this story, tootsi! It's so easy to get discouraged, so it's nice to see a glimmer of hope every once in a while :winkwink:

Ok just got back from the RE and the news isn't so hot - I only have 3-4 follies (plus a number of smaller ones):cry: They aim for 8-12 follies so I only have at least half. She started talking about it might possibly be turned into an IUI but when I mentioned I'd been through 6 failed IUIs she immediately said they'll do IVF no matter what. My dose is increased from 225 to 300 IU Bemfola and I go in again on Thursday to see when I can trigger and do the ER but she said it's mostly looking like it'll happen on Sunday.

So not too happy right now:cry:

just got the call.......another devastating negative. I'm not sure what our next step will be, as we couldn't get a dr's appointment sooner than next friday (the 27th). That means that this next cycle is a write-off, unless the doctor will let us do an IUI with the donor sperm we have frozen, so that we don't completely waste a cycle. Especially since the cycle after that will likely have to be skipped too as it falls right at Christmas.

I think our next step will definitely be the donor though, as my husband has azoospermia, and they only found a handful of sperm during the TESA procedure in September, so I'm not sure what quality those sperm were. Anyone know if poor sperm quality will cause implantation failure?

This sucks. :(

Ok just got back from the RE and the news isn't so hot - I only have 3-4 follies (plus a number of smaller ones):cry: They aim for 8-12 follies so I only have at least half. She started talking about it might possibly be turned into an IUI but when I mentioned I'd been through 6 failed IUIs she immediately said they'll do IVF no matter what. My dose is increased from 225 to 300 IU Bemfola and I go in again on Thursday to see when I can trigger and do the ER but she said it's mostly looking like it'll happen on Sunday.

Hi kat,

I know it sucks, but focus on quality, not quantity. Hopefully every single one of your follicles has a nice, beautiful, mature egg!

just got the call.......another devastating negative. I'm not sure what our next step will be, as we couldn't get a dr's appointment sooner than next friday (the 27th). That means that this next cycle is a write-off, unless the doctor will let us do an IUI with the donor sperm we have frozen, so that we don't completely waste a cycle. Especially since the cycle after that will likely have to be skipped too as it falls right at Christmas.

I think our next step will definitely be the donor though, as my husband has azoospermia, and they only found a handful of sperm during the TESA procedure in September, so I'm not sure what quality those sperm were. Anyone know if poor sperm quality will cause implantation failure?

This sucks. :(

Oh, amanda

I'm so sorry about the bfn. My doctor told me the quality of the sperm has an effect on fertilization (my husband has azoospermia too), but didn't say anything about implantation.

Sending you big hugs :hugs:

So sorry you didn't get the result you wanted.

Stay strong and stay determined. Big hugs xx

Hi kat,

I know it sucks, but focus on quality, not quantity. Hopefully every single one of your follicles has a nice, beautiful, mature egg!

Thanks cupcake, I hope so as well but can't help but feel this lowers our chances of the IVF being successful this time. Hoping I'm wrong though:nope:

amanda: So sorry :hugs: I've never heard of poor sperm quality leading to higher implantation fails. I think poor sperm quality can only result in poor quality embies. Maybe you can ask your RE? I do know that even though everything looks great (great lining, great embie ect) you can still experience that the woman gets a BFN and the RE won't know why. Unfortunately they don't know everything about the process of conceiving nor can they test for everything. Sad but that's what we infertiles have to deal with:shrug: Had that talk recently with my RE. Unfortunately many of us may never know the reason why we have our issues.

Thanks guys. The embryologist never said anything on the quality, but when I looked at the paper it said 4BC, so maybe it just wasn't great quality?

Hi ladies.

I'm not sure if any of you can help me? I've been reading your journeys the last few days and thought I would join in if that's OK.*
I'm danni in 33 and we have severe MF problems. We are using donor sperm. That aside I do have ovulation problems and high amh although PCOS looking?!?!?!? Not diagnosed!?!?

Anyway I'm on day 5 of gonal F 100. I've been for a scan today and although my lining has increased from 3.8 after DR to 5.8 both ovaries are unresponsive? ?? Now the nurse said as it's my 1st cycle there not concerned as they need to start new low due to potential OHSS. So from now until Monday I double my dose and have a scan on mon afternoon.

I'm alarmed at no reponse at all? Should I be? Could things change so much in the next 7 days I'll be ready for my scheduled egg collevtion which currently should be a week todayI?

I'll not lie. I'm panicking I won't responded enough and this cycle will be cancelled.*

Any one she'd any light?*

Thanks and love to you all xxx

Amanda, im so sorry this cycle didn't work out for you. Given that your blast was good enough to freeze, I wouldn't have thought the quality would be an issue. I know quite a few ladies now cradling their babies from 3/4/5 BC embryos. Generally, if sperm was the issue, your embryos would have quite a lot of fragmentation & wouldn't have achieved the grade it was given. It wasnt 'poor' at all but fair/good. There is also the potential for the embryo to be abnormal but you wouldn't know that for sure unless you did PGD/PGS testing.

Hi MrsG, I think your probably just on too low a dose. I was on 300iu merional/menopur. After 6 days nothing happened. We persevered and by day 12 id developed 27 follicles, 12 of those over 14mm. By day 16 i had 36 follicles, 19 of those over 17mm.
Don't worry, your follicles will grow :thumbup: xx

Hi MrsG,

I agree with Rachy that it's probably the low dose. I was on 225iu of Gonal F and by day 6 my lining was 8.6 and quite a few follicles were growing. But keep this mind:

1- Higher doses do put you at risk for OHSS. I had a moderate case and it really sucked.
2- Each body is different. You may just need a few extra days to start seeing follicle growth.

Good luck!

Hi Rachy,

How are you doing? Do you know when your transfer will be? I hope all is well!

Rachy / cupcake

Thanks for the reassurance. I've done my double dose tonight ams hoping I see improvement Monday. How long can I actually stimulate for?

I hope at some point I can help you all in your cycles

Thanks Again for taking the tone to reply

Xxx

I guess I am just trying to find reasons and excuses for why it didn't work, to try and keep some hope for next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->