• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First time IVF Buddies

Sorry MrsG I don't know what to say - I can't help.

I had a good scan this morning - apparently have lots now that are >20 which she said was great, and was due for EC on Wednesday. But, they have now rang and said my hormone levels are very high and they are worried that if I trigger tonight I will end up with OHSS and probably in hospital. He said that leave two other options, I can coast and still sniff until Wednesday and go back for another scan, or it will have to be cancelled. So I am now coasting until Wednesday. He also said that with coasting I may end up losing some of my eggs.

Am so frustrated and upset. This just keeps dragging out and I am very emotional and uncomfortable. Just want to move forwards ;(

Oh, want2be, I'm so sorry. I know the frustration, you just want to be done.

OHSS is really tough, so it's a good thing they are trying to avoid it. It may not feel like it right now, but they are looking out for your health. Good luck!

Thanks - I spoke to the nurse and she was telling me that my bloods on Friday showed hormone level of 9,000 today it was at 21,000. Also that I have 10+ follies between 19 and 21. No idea what all this means but hopefully 2 days of no more gonal f will reduce hormone levels so I can move forwards. There is so much to all of this!! X

Sorry MrsG I don't know what to say - I can't help.

I had a good scan this morning - apparently have lots now that are >20 which she said was great, and was due for EC on Wednesday. But, they have now rang and said my hormone levels are very high and they are worried that if I trigger tonight I will end up with OHSS and probably in hospital. He said that leave two other options, I can coast and still sniff until Wednesday and go back for another scan, or it will have to be cancelled. So I am now coasting until Wednesday. He also said that with coasting I may end up losing some of my eggs.

Am so frustrated and upset. This just keeps dragging out and I am very emotional and uncomfortable. Just want to move forwards ;(

Oh, want2be, I'm so sorry. I know the frustration, you just want to be done.

OHSS is really tough, so it's a good thing they are trying to avoid it. It may not feel like it right now, but they are looking out for your health. Good luck!

Thanks - I spoke to the nurse and she was telling me that my bloods on Friday showed hormone level of 9,000 today it was at 21,000. Also that I have 10+ follies between 19 and 21. No idea what all this means but hopefully 2 days of no more gonal f will reduce hormone levels so I can move forwards. There is so much to all of this!! X

I coasted for 2 days before trigger shot to lessen the severity of ohss. I still got it but it definitely would have been worse if i hadn't. I did loose my 3 largest follicles but still managed to get 17 eggs x

So just got back from ER and we have 3 good quality eggs (at least that's what the RE felt according to how easily she got them out of their follies). The 4th follie that was 14 mm (must've heard wrong since I thought it was 16 mm) was empty but we weren't counting much on that one anyway:shrug: DH's count was 90 million so here's hoping we have 1 nice embie for transfer on Thursday. There was only 1 other couple for ER and DH said that he thinks they only had 2 follies and 1 egg if he heard correctly:wacko: Wasn't too bad since I was both on morphine and a local anasthethic although they had to give me a bit more morphine at one point. Having some pain but it's bearable and having some bleeding but have a large pantyliner on. They told me to take it easy today and only get up to go to the toilet and if I want to get myself a glass of water or something. They'll call me Thursday morning with the results and hopefully tell me I need to come in for a transfer that day:thumbup:

So just got back from ER and we have 3 good quality eggs (at least that's what the RE felt according to how easily she got them out of their follies). The 4th follie that was 14 mm (must've heard wrong since I thought it was 16 mm) was empty but we weren't counting much on that one anyway:shrug: DH's count was 90 million so here's hoping we have 1 nice embie for transfer on Thursday. There was only 1 other couple for ER and DH said that he thinks they only had 2 follies and 1 egg if he heard correctly:wacko: Wasn't too bad since I was both on morphine and a local anasthethic although they had to give me a bit more morphine at one point. Having some pain but it's bearable and having some bleeding but have a large pantyliner on. They told me to take it easy today and only get up to go to the toilet and if I want to get myself a glass of water or something. They'll call me Thursday morning with the results and hopefully tell me I need to come in for a transfer that day:thumbup:

Great to hear all went well with the retrieval and you're okay, kat. Definitely take it easy and fingers crossed they'll call you for a transfer on Thursday!

I had my final ultrasound this morning and we're ready for the transfer tomorrow. I can't wait!!!

Great news Kat and fingers crossed cupcake lover

I had my first scan yesterday and all is well. Saw the heartbeat too, was amazing :)

Hope the rest of you ladies are well x

Hi ladies.

Kat - sounds like retrieval went well - any update?

Cupcake - all sounds promising - did you have your transfer yet?

AFM had my scan and bloods yesterday and good to go on Friday. Nurse said I had a couple at 26 which are probably too big, but potentially have around 15 at a good size and still a day to go. They are still worried about the OHSS so have given me some tablets to take to hopefully reduce the symptoms and I am just drinking tons of water!

Sounds like we are all moving forwards - will be good to have each other to keep sane while we wait to find out how it's all gone! X

want2bmum11: I hope you don't develop OHSS:wacko: Hope your ER goes well and you have many good quality eggs :dust:

AFM just got the call: all 3 fertilised:happydance::happydance::dance::dance::yipee::yipee::headspin::headspin:

Getting 1 transferred (they don't transfer 2 at the hospital) and the 2 other ones will be developed into day 5 blasts and then they'll see if they're good to freeze. Going in at 10:15 AM Danish time for my transfer. I didn't hear what grade the embie that will be transferred is as I was so super excited to hear all 3 fertilised since I was afraid we might be told none fertilised:blush::haha:

I will update when I get back. Trying to fill my bladder now which is a daunting task as my bladder is a bit crappy:wacko:

UPDATE: Transfer went fine although I'd drank too much water so really had to pee so they let me "take the edge off":haha: Once the speculum went in I felt like peeing again though and they could see my bladder was completely full:wacko: At one point I was afraid I was gonna pee on the RE:wacko: They very quickly and easily got the embie in and I got to pee right afterwards although DH found it highly amusing so he laughed his head off:growlmad: I don't know why he chose today to be annoying but I bit his head off at bit.

So now comes the wait:coffee: Go in for a pregnancy blood test on December 10th:thumbup:

zelly - that sounds absolutely incredible :)

want2be - good luck with retrieval today!

kat - that's such great news! Welcome to the tww!

My transfer went well and I was so amazed by the whole process. It is so funny to see them rolling in with a full size incubator with our two embryos (I guess there's no such thing as a tiny incubator).

Now we just sit and wait... Now I understand why people say the tww is tough. I keep second guessing everything!

Thanks cupcake - glad it all went well.

They got 13 eggs and at home resting. Middle is quite sore but am guessing that will ease. Just drinking tons and having DH look after me ;). Just got to wait for the call to see if any have fertilised - fingers crossed x

Cupcake that's great! Good luck! The tww is awful, try to keep busy and distracted!

As for me, I've had a rough couple of weeks, as the government cut the IVF program right before we found out our FET failed, which has been devastating. We are now going to try iui with donor sperm for at least three cycles before going back to IVF at full cost. Since the problem was with hubbys sperm, am hoping we have a decent chance with iui. At least it's easier on the body.

Thanks cupcake - glad it all went well.

They got 13 eggs and at home resting. Middle is quite sore but am guessing that will ease. Just drinking tons and having DH look after me ;). Just got to wait for the call to see if any have fertilised - fingers crossed x

Wow 13 eggs, sounds promising:happydance: That's normal to be sore. I'm still a bit sore and my ER was on the 24th:wacko:

Now comes the dreaded wait for the call:wacko: I know I was a wreck until they called. Hope you get some very good news. When will they call you to let you know?

amanda: So sorry they cut the IVF program :hugs: I hope IUI with donor sperm works for you very soon :dust:

We just got the call - 12 fertilised normally and they are going to check on the 13th. Sounds promising so just need to wait for a call on Monday to find out when we need to go back in x

Hi all, so much is happening on this feed I can't keep up.

Zelly that is amazing news I'm so happy for you.

Cupcake I hope your two weeks go in fast and everything goes well for you. Relax and stay chilled.

So sorry your having a hard time Amanda. Does this cut affect everyone I haven't heard anything about it ? I have two frozen eggs but we are meant to have another two rounds of ivf to go on the nhs ?

Welcome all the newbies good luck with everything.

My next appointment is Wednesday, im ready to get going again roll on January xx

I live in Quebec, Canada, and up until Nov. 10 Medicare covered 3 cycles of IVF. On Nov. 10 they announced that they were cutting the program, and those who were currently cycling could finish, but if you hadn't started your meds by then, you were no longer covered. :(

That's terrible. I just don't understand it!! I hope you get your tiny miracle soon xx

tootsi - So great you're back! January will be here before you know it!

want2be - Amazing number of fertilized eggs!

amanda - It really sucks they are cutting the IVF program, but I agree the IUI might be easier on your body. Fingers crossed for you :)

Hi girls just a quick update from today's appointment.

So I have to ring on the first day of my next period, which will be in about 11 days. Then ill start my meds on day 21 of that cycle.

I have two frozen 5 day blasts which will both be thawed and will hopefully both be ok. If there both ok then they'll put both back in. I just hope at least one is ok!!! The thought of twins excites me though ha.

Can only hope it's my turn and we get the outcome we want this time. Roll on January when everything gets going again.

Hope your all ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->