• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First time IVF Buddies

I guess I am just trying to find reasons and excuses for why it didn't work, to try and keep some hope for next time.

I totally understand amanda, unfortunately I think it can be hard to know why sometimes it doesn't work. As said, a nurse at my IUI clinic told me they can have a great looking embie, the woman's lining is prefect and everything looks good yet they'll still experience the woman getting a BFN and they don't know why. They don't know enough to be able to always pinpoint the issue. There's so much they don't know and can't test for:nope:

AFM just got back from my appointment today and it still looks like it'll be 4 follies but I was fully prepared for the smaller ones to not be able to catch up. My lining looks really good:thumbup: But since my 4 follies are still not large enough, I have to take 300 IU Bemfola for a few more days so ER will be Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm going in for one more scan on Sunday so they can check follie sizes and be sure about which of those days it'll be. DH wasn't too happy about my ER being changed from Sunday to now Tuesday/Wednesday because he was supposed to go on a job related course on Tuesday. But there's no one else to drive me since my in-laws took off for vacation last week and my mother's a malignant narcissist so don't want her along that day, she'll just come with snide comments and be embarrassing in front of the RE and nurses:nope:

BTW if we need to do another IVF, my RE told me it'll be short protocol next time:thumbup:

On the plus side it seems as if DH and I hit the limit so I didn't have to pay for my Bemfola Pens today (the state is taking over now I guess):thumbup:

Hi guys,

So it turns out my body caught up naturally and we did not need to switch to a medicated cycle. I'm doing my trigger shot tonight, start progesterone suppositories tomorrow and transfer is scheduled for Wednesday. It's funny, but sometimes it felt like we would never get to this point. So excited to be moving along!

Good luck cupcake :thumbup:

Im hopefully starting estrogen pills tomorrow if my body decides to play ball! Transfer is expected to be around dec 7th. xx

Hi ladies can I join you? Been watching this thread for a little while and wasn't sure whether to post! I am 32 and DH is 37 and we have 1 DS (4) from a natural (speedy!) conception. We have been trying for 3 years and have unexplained secondary fertility. Am on first cycle and am having scan today to see when EC or is it (ER) will be. Am very nervous and highly emotional and found the whole thing pretty hard going. Reading your posts has made me realise that it is a good thing to be able to talk to people going through the same thing. Seems like there a few people who will be getting transfers etc next week so was hoping to go through the TWW with you? Thanks x

Hi ladies can I join you? Been watching this thread for a little while and wasn't sure whether to post! I am 32 and DH is 37 and we have 1 DS (4) from a natural (speedy!) conception. We have been trying for 3 years and have unexplained secondary fertility. Am on first cycle and am having scan today to see when EC or is it (ER) will be. Am very nervous and highly emotional and found the whole thing pretty hard going. Reading your posts has made me realise that it is a good thing to be able to talk to people going through the same thing. Seems like there a few people who will be getting transfers etc next week so was hoping to go through the TWW with you? Thanks x

Welcome. Your right, it definitely helps to be able to share and talk about your journey, even if you just want to whinge or moan...we are here and listening :thumbup:

Finally, my scan went well today and im officially on estrogen with transfer booked in for December 7th. My ivf nurse gave me a big hug and wished us luck which was lovely because we wont see her until after Christmas now.
Now i just need my lining to play the game ☺ xx

Great news, rachy!!! Let the lining thickening begin!!! Hehehe

I started the progesterone suppositories this morning and I'm curious to see how that goes.

Welcome, want2bmum! It helps so much to be able to go through this process together. Good luck on your scan today.

Thanks Rachy and cupcake. Said my lining is at 7 which is good? and I have one at 17, a bunch between 12-16 and another 10 or so at 11, so two more days and another scan on Sunday. Feeling majorly bloated today!

Good news on your transfer date x

Great news, rachy!!! Let the lining thickening begin!!! Hehehe

I started the progesterone suppositories this morning and I'm curious to see how that goes.

Welcome, want2bmum! It helps so much to be able to go through this process together. Good luck on your scan today.

Interested to hear how you get on with suppositories - heard they can be a bit.... Messy .... :)

The men def seem to get the easy bit!

Welcome want be mum and good luck with your journey x

I can say the suppositories are v messy. I am still having to use 2 a day and will do for next 2 to 3 weeks. Small price to pay tho. The most annoying part is having to set my alarm half hr before get up to pop one in.

Love reading everyone's updates x

So it looks like it'll be only 3 follies as the 3 are 19-20 mm and the 4th is now around 16 mm:nope: I had a feeling as my right side was a bit less twingy these last few days:shrug: So hoping those 3 are totally perfect so we definitely have 1 for transfer and hopefully 2 to freeze [-o<

I trigger tonight at 10 PM and go in for ER Tuesday morning:happydance: She says ET will be Thursday in the early afternoon (providing I have 1 good embie to transfer) as they have the best results with 2 day old embies.

Good luck for Tuesday Kat!

And thanks Zelly - good to know what's in store ;)

AFM I had my scan on Friday and had one measuring 17, an bunch between 12-16 and a load at 11. They originally said to go in for scan on Monday and to carry on with 112.5 gonal f, but then they rang and said to reduce to 87.5 and to go in Sunday. Went today and have one at 21, one at 17 then a load more she didn't tell me. Have to do the 87.5 tonight then back tomorrow for another scan and EC hopefully on Wednesday.

Am very uncomfortable now but she said that was to be expected with my ovaries so big!

Good luck for Tuesday Kat!

And thanks Zelly - good to know what's in store ;)

AFM I had my scan on Friday and had one measuring 17, an bunch between 12-16 and a load at 11. They originally said to go in for scan on Monday and to carry on with 112.5 gonal f, but then they rang and said to reduce to 87.5 and to go in Sunday. Went today and have one at 21, one at 17 then a load more she didn't tell me. Have to do the 87.5 tonight then back tomorrow for another scan and EC hopefully on Wednesday.

Am very uncomfortable now but she said that was to be expected with my ovaries so big!

Thanks want2bmum11:flower:

Did they say how many look like will be mature by ER day?

Sorry you're feeling so uncomfortable, hopefully your ER day is just around the corner:hugs:

Hi ladies

I'm after some help..I'm. On day 9 on gonal f. My scan today showed 5 follies on left 10mm and 8 on right 10mm. And a lot of little uns. As the Dr was confirming this to the nurse I felt quite positive however he then sed he feels I can confine with stimms on same dose until wed but he doesn't elect miracles amd that I should expect for this cycle to be abandoned?!?!?!

So I've got 2 more 200 unit shots of gonal amd then a scan. Could my follies grow or should I prepare for a cancelled cycle?

If anyone could shed any light I'll be great full.

Thanks and lots of love xxxx

Sorry MrsG I don't know what to say - I can't help.

I had a good scan this morning - apparently have lots now that are >20 which she said was great, and was due for EC on Wednesday. But, they have now rang and said my hormone levels are very high and they are worried that if I trigger tonight I will end up with OHSS and probably in hospital. He said that leave two other options, I can coast and still sniff until Wednesday and go back for another scan, or it will have to be cancelled. So I am now coasting until Wednesday. He also said that with coasting I may end up losing some of my eggs.

Am so frustrated and upset. This just keeps dragging out and I am very emotional and uncomfortable. Just want to move forwards ;(

Sorry I'm no use to you either wanttobe xxxx

I'm sure we're feeling pretty much the same right now . Lots of love xxx

I had a good scan this morning - apparently have lots now that are >20 which she said was great, and was due for EC on Wednesday. But, they have now rang and said my hormone levels are very high and they are worried that if I trigger tonight I will end up with OHSS and probably in hospital. He said that leave two other options, I can coast and still sniff until Wednesday and go back for another scan, or it will have to be cancelled. So I am now coasting until Wednesday. He also said that with coasting I may end up losing some of my eggs.

Am so frustrated and upset. This just keeps dragging out and I am very emotional and uncomfortable. Just want to move forwards ;(

Hi ladies

I'm after some help..I'm. On day 9 on gonal f. My scan today showed 5 follies on left 10mm and 8 on right 10mm. And a lot of little uns. As the Dr was confirming this to the nurse I felt quite positive however he then sed he feels I can confine with stimms on same dose until wed but he doesn't elect miracles amd that I should expect for this cycle to be abandoned?!?!?!

So I've got 2 more 200 unit shots of gonal amd then a scan. Could my follies grow or should I prepare for a cancelled cycle?

If anyone could shed any light I'll be great full.

Thanks and lots of love xxxx

Hi MrsG,

I'm sorry you are going through this. All I can tell you is from my own experience, and I remember my follicles grew about 3mm in the last 3 days before retrieval.

Good luck!

After speaking to the nurse I can tell you my follies grew like 4mm overnight - so who knows how these things work! X

Oh, want2be, I'm so sorry. I know the frustration, you just want to be done.

OHSS is really tough, so it's a good thing they are trying to avoid it. It may not feel like it right now, but they are looking out for your health. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->