Florida Holidays?

Charlotteee

Married Mum/Stepmum of 4
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We are planning on going to Florida for 2 weeks, possible in 2018 or 2019.

There will be me and OH, and our 4 children. Stepsons are currently 16, 13, 8 and Jenson is almost 4.

If you've been how did you book? Did you do a package holiday or book everything separately, trying to work out whats cheapest.

I've found cheap enough villas on booking.com for around £800, flights are looking around £2500 for us all, and park tickets around £3000 :shock: (that is extortionate, just to go on rides lol)

It's obviously going to take some planning and won't be booking until after the wedding but would like to know as much as possible before we do.

Any tips would be gratefully received xxx

Hi lovey,

Are you part of 'Its Orlando Time' on Facebook?
Really good hints and tips to do it on a budget in there - I can add you if need be.

My advice would be don't book through an agent, it's more pricey for one and 2 there is no need to as its so easy to do yourself.

The thing that you can't get around is obviously park tickets - are you doing Universal too? How long are you going for?

Cheapest place we found tickets was here:

https://www.orlandoattractionticket...Words=Walt-Disney-World-7-Day-Ultimate-Ticket

You can pay a £10pp deposit too and pay off as and when you have the money

xx

We went to Florida for our honeymoon a few years ago and booked everything separately. Flights with virgin were about £600 each, tickets via the pp's link, and a villa that slept 10 with a pool for £700 for 2 weeks, via a local UK owner. Don't forget car hire too! We went with enterprise.

I LOVE Florida and can't wait to go with the kids when they're older.

Also, the 'Brit Guide to Orlando' book was my bible, I highly recommend buying it! Xx

Florida resident here! Not much help with UK prices but you can ask me anything about the state and things to do. :hi:

My dad is in Florida ( Boca) The only thing I would say is don't go there in June July or August it is sooooooooooooo hot.. I don't know when you plan to go, we go November March And May.. Now, I need to go more cause my dad has early dementia so I go every 6 to 8 weeks.. If it wasn't for my dad I would never go in the summer months, it is just to hot..Good Luck <3

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your tips, Gee that's where we were looking for tickets, we looked at the Universal, Disney and Seaworld 14 day hopper. (Still deciding on seaworld to be honest) Andrew wants to go but he's a man and doesn't bother about the animals, he just wants the rollercoasters.

I just can't wait to be honest. Florida was the best holiday I ever had as a kid and want them to experience it too.

Think we will definitely book everything separately, went through facebook yesterday liking lots of pages that rent out villas, will join that one you have mentioned too.

Andypanda we will probably go towards the end of September I think xxxx

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your tips, Gee that's where we were looking for tickets, we looked at the Universal, Disney and Seaworld 14 day hopper. (Still deciding on seaworld to be honest) Andrew wants to go but he's a man and doesn't bother about the animals, he just wants the rollercoasters.

I just can't wait to be honest. Florida was the best holiday I ever had as a kid and want them to experience it too.

Think we will definitely book everything separately, went through facebook yesterday liking lots of pages that rent out villas, will join that one you have mentioned too.

Andypanda we will probably go towards the end of September I think xxxx

You know my thoughts on SeaWorld, we have decided against Discovery Cove too as I just can't support it. I just get upset see them so I'd rather be ignorant to it.

If you are going to go end of Sept I would wait and do Oct as it's Halloween themed and you can go to 'Mickey's not so scary Halloween party'

xxx

It's Orlando Time have an advertising page too for villa owners to advertise their villas :)

We just went to Florida last week for vacation, so my advice is do NOT go in the summer (June, July, August). It is HOT on an unbelievable level. As in, you sweat through your entire outfit in 5 minutes. LOL.

I think booking a package deal is the best pricewise, rather than booking separate. Also, just throwing this out there in case you have any interest in areas other than Orlando after you do the Orlando thing...We did DisneyWorld one day, and then we also bought the Tampa City pass (Tampa is on the Gulf about an hour from Orlando) which comes with 5 days of activities for about $100 per person. It was absolutely awesome. We went to 2 different aquariums, including the one that has Winter and Hope from The Dolphin Tale movies, Busch Gardens amusement park, Tampa Zoo, and the Museum of Science and Industry which was great for young kids. I highly recommend the Tampa City pass if you have any interest in doing anything outside of Orlanda during some of your stay. Busch Gardens alone is $100 per ticket, so you basically get the other 4 activities for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->