From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Congrats, Star!

It's time to eat, ILT! Those babies want to grow!

Congrats on almost 9 weeks, 3chords!

AFM, ultrasound tomorrow at 6w6d to follow up on the bleed (SCH). Hoping it has shrunk. I found a website that said seeing an SCH on ultrasound reduces the chance of "pregnancy continuation" to 2/3. But I'm confident that everything is okay. No bleeding since Sunday and I feel fine.

Good luck FirstTry! I think the fact it's stopped bleeding is great and a big relief to you. That little heartbeat should be clipping along nicely tomorrow! Can't wait for you update. :)

Hope all goes well today first, I'm sure it will great news on no more bleeding, what time is scan?

3chords, happy 9 weeks! It feels like times flying by for me, already over 7 weeks!

Next scan is 12 weeks, the research team at clinic want to do one around then for the clinical trial I done and also have the usual nhs one at that time

Went to midwife yesterday, got a load of blood tests to o 14/3 ones a fasting one as I have type 1 diabetes in the family, urine sample was fine, blood pressure is very low but she said thats not a bad thing in pregnancy as they like it low but wont help with the tiredness and sickness and just not to stand up too quick etc
Actually managed a cup of tea this morning but now feel sick so probably shouldn't have bothered!

How is everyone else today?

Ilt, I cant wait for my appetite to come back, at the moment I just eat what I can when I can but it's random and I dont feel I'm eating health enough, going to make a fruit salad today amd hope that goes down ok, good news your hungry though! X

Good luck with your scan first. Hope it goes well :D xx

Hey Ilt - hope you're doing well :). Question - have you had any round ligament pain yet? I appear to be getting stabbing pains in my groin area which is bearable. I get to meet the midwife next week, did you have a checklist when you had your first meeting with yours?

Hello to everyone else :wave:

Scan went great! And this time the physicians assistant told me even though the bleed is large, don't worry about it. She kept assuring us that it wasn't a big deal. HB was 129 :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 4
Scan went great! And this time the physicians assistant told me even though the bleed is large, don't worry about it. She kept assuring us that it wasn't a big deal. HB was 129 :)

SO cute! Glad your scan went great!

Alright...I am confused. I thought I posted something yesterday but I didn't see it. I better go search to see if I posted it on another thread or something. oh boy.

First, Good luck on your scan today! Post a pic will ya :D.

Star, don't worry much about eating healthy for now. As long as you can get food down, it's a good thing. Supposedly you still have enough in your body to feed the baby right now. I am sure your appetite will come back soon :D.

Faith, I am not sure if I have round ligament pain. But, I have been experiencing strecthing feeling right below my belly button area. All I can say that it hurts!!!! It feel like someone grab your skin and pull it really hard. I think it started last weekend. Now, it's just once in a while I feel the strecthing feeling. I read that round ligament pain suppose to be closer to the right side of your lower belly. So, I don't know what pain I had haahaha. The pain was enough to make me wince and go "owww". It's something that I will ask my OB tomorrow.

Regarding midwife appt. I am using a regular OB since I am familiar with her. I didn't prepare for any questions at all. I figured she'd let me know :D and she did. She came in with a folder filled with all kind of information. She told me about the twin to twin transfusion, labor expectations (C-section vs. Vaginal), gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, how many scans I will have, who I will see, genetic testing, who will deliver me, and a few other things. The packet we received had info on pregnancy classes that we can take. DH already decided which one we should go to and I let him because I was too nauseated to figure things out ahahah. I do see my OB and perinatalogist (high risk doctor) every 2 weeks. So, I'll have u/s every 2 weeks to make sure the twins don't have the twin to twin transfusion syndrome. I m sure it'll be easier with yours since yours are fraternal, right?

Hope everyone else is doing well!

First, you posted while I was busy writing ahahahha. Look at that! I think it's a boy!! :D.

Ahh first, great news and a cute pic!! Xx

First great news and great pic!!

Faith I don't know if it's round ligament pain but I get a shooting/stabbing pain in my right side a lot. Quite low down and often when I stretch or sneeze. I've been so convinced it's ectopic but I'm sure I'd feel more pain by now.

Well today is probably the first day I've felt sick and it's been all day. Never been sick but it's like that hangover feeling and I've been able to eat my way through it. I've been sooooo hungry though! Actually eating every couple of hours!! I am at work though and do 12hr shifts so it could be normal, not unusual for me to eat loads at work. Got my scan tomorrow!!! So nervous for it! Just desperate to see a baby and heartbeat!

First - lovely scan picture, great news all is ok.

Cmo - hope scan goes well tomorrow. Look fwd to your pic too.
I feel sick all time but hungry all time and this baby loves carbs!! I'm not too happy about it but going with the flow for now x

Thanks Kaye! With you on the carbs so far today I've had pasta, a roll and a chicken Caesar wrap! Oh and crisps!! I try and avoid too many carbs so not happy about this lol

CMo - looking forward to good news from your scan tomorrow. :)

5 more days for our next scan! I am 9 weeks today...almost to double digits!

Good luck tomorrow cmo, sure all will be good! Xx

FirstTry - missed the pic on the previous page. Looks like a great little bean! Good heartbeat too! For some reason I also think it's a boy!

Really glad about the reassurance re: the Sch. Phew!!! :D. Awesome pic, thank you for sharing. Now the countdown to the end of the first trimester starts :hug:

Hey Ilt - thank you for sharing about your first appointment. I'm a bit nervous as I'm classed as high risk with border line bp issues. We'll see what happens I guess. I'm praying I get a decent midwife who's clued up. The last one I met did not know she had to calculate from the egg collection day (she used the embryo transfer date instead).

Well, a girl would be nice, as there are none in our family. But I'm sure my son would prefer a brother.

Well ladies scan was fab!!! Amazing seeing our wee baby with it's wee heart beating away! Measuring perfectly!

Here's my picture....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member