From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

ILT, I think some stores give you discounts for twins (Babies R Us is 10% I think?). A girl at work had twin boys fairly recently and the one thing she's said is that you actually don't need two of EVERYTHING, but most things. Maybe check with some twin moms? Like I know she said she didn't bother getting two playpens or play mats, because they kids would share and often they wouldn't want to be doing the same thing at the same time. She also didn't get two bouncers and two swings, but just one of each. So that can probably save you a bit of money.

Is your stroller side-by-side or tandem?

Our RE said that since we had such a good heartbeat at 7w6d that gives us excellent chances since the vast majority of miscarriages happen by 8 wks.

Ladies: buy used (except for crib and car seat and maybe your primary stroller)! Especially things like swings. Around me people sell the Fisher Price swings for $25.

How exciting to start buying things :)

I haven't yet but my niece is only 5 and a half months old so I'll inherit a lot from my sister so wont need moses basket, crib and quite a few other bits as she didn't get all pink, part of me wants to buy these things myself after waiting so long but there will still be loads I can buy and I dont want to waste hard earned money of not necessary

Thats a good idea on the bottles ilt, my sister had been trying to get lo on bottles for weeks and its not happening, shes spent a fortune on all kinds of bottles but little monkey wont have it, or any baby foods so shes having to carry on breastfeeding, luckily shes delayed going back to work fpr an extra 3 months as she wouldn't be able to leave her anyway

When do we actually start growing as I already look like I've got a bump when I'm in my work tunics, I know it's just bloat but it looks pretty big already, my mum said "I bet your going to be bigaas a house" lol thanks mum!

Bumpsparkle, hope your ok, haven't heard from you in a while, if your reading bit feeling too poorly to write were thinking of you! Xx

Faith, I think I also have to do urine test. we already bought a stroller! Lol. We got the baby jogger mini double. I like how easy it is to fold/unfold. I'm not very tall & my MIL has bad hands. So that's the best stroller for us. We also got a crib already. It's white and grey. Waiting for another crib sale and a house to move into to buy the other one since it's pretty heavy. I also got a breastfeeding pillow but for singleton. The plan is to try to breastfeed one at a time and if I can manage to tandem feed then I'll change it to double. I still need to buy car seats and planning to go with Britax convertible. they are a bit pricey but I think it is totally worth it. We got a little tub for the sink. Some washcloths, swaddle cloth, and a few other small items. The plan is to spend $100 each month to buy small items and purchase the bigger items after we move into a house. I'm excited to start purchasing baby stuff. I also gave my MIL a list of what she can buy for jow so she can satisfied her needs to shop for baby items :) are you going to start shopping soon?

Hey Ilt - speaking of urine tests. I bought uristix off amazon. My hospital is an hour from us and my cousin who's a doc (also married to a obgyn) recommended I get that, an at-home Doppler (we got angel sounds) and glucose monitor to make sure I don't creep into gestational diabetes. I haven't bought a thing yet for the bambinos because I'm still trying to prepare a list of the must-haves only. I plan to call Tamba (twins and multiple births association) for advice.
I'm on the hunt for a good tandem stroller now. I found this one ( https://www.twoofakindworkingonaful...craft-contours-options-tandem-double.html?m=1 ) but cannot find a retailer in the uk yet that stocks it yet ......... How are your energy levels? I'm still tired all the time ....

Who's planning to get the co-sleeping cribs? I mean the ones you can put by your bed so the baby is easy to reach? Or is anyone planning to put the baby una separate room?

3chords, I'm cheap! Lol. Not planning to buy 2 of the same thing since you are right...they will fight for it or can share.

We have side by side for the stroller. Since I'm short, I can't see both babies from the randem one.
I think stroller is an item that you definitely have to go to the store and try it out. It took us 2 hours with 30 minutes break in between to decide on the stroller. I pushed it around the store, in between the isles, fold/unfold, and see if I can lift it high enough to put it in the trunk. The store salesman even offered to take it to our car to see if I can lift it In. So go with what you are comfortable with. Some twin moms like the baby jogger mini side by side and some like the tandem. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

I joined a local twin parents club and they have consignment sale on yearly basis. They are having one next friday so I'm quite excited! Ross, the store, also have reasonable baby stuff. I like online shopping so I visit Zulily and gilt very often :). Sometimes they hqve good bargains. My local twins club also offers help for premies and recently born twins.

Ok...diapers! I need input. I keep going back and forth between cloth and disposable. What are your thoughts on these?

Star, I had only little bloated bump until last week. I popped in the past 5 days! I look like 20 weeks pregnant already!

Honestly I will probably sound anti-green but there is no way I'm going with cloth diapers. And to be more honest I'd be even less so inclined with twins haha. But a large reason is that I would like to travel quite a bit while on maternity leave, including abroad with the baby, so for me cloth makes very little sense and is less convenient. I also live in one of the largest cities on the continent, right in an urban setting and so we will be on the move a lot. I don't want to have to store cloth diapers. Finally, I have pretty bad eczema, my husband has psoriasis and my entire family has bad skin problems so unfortunately this baby has skin issues stacked against it - the last thing I want to do is have it sit in a moist environment and cause problems even earlier than they would otherwise start. I have a few girlfriends who went with cloth and they like it but they do have more incidents with leakage. Other than that they are all happy with the service they chose and the diaper covers can be pretty darn cute so I think if you go in that direction you'll probably be just as happy with your choice.

I also have a bump already. Probably mostly bloating. But as this is also my third pregnancy (with unfortunately no children to show for it), I think I may be popping out a bit sooner? In any event, I barely squeezed into my jeans today so I think that is on the agenda next week. Mercifully this bump looks more like a tire around my middle right now than a real bump so I can continue "hiding" it for a while.

3chords, I still have 2 spare tires still! they are slowly merging though. I think I stop wearing regular clothes at 8 weeks.

I think mine is cos I've always had a little pot belly but it's starting to look more bump like, obviously through bloat but I can feel it pulling my tunic up at the back and feel it stretches across the front
I have been having some stretchy type pains yesterday which are new and little shooting feelings in my vagina, not painful just strange, suppose it's all good signs though!

Happy Easter everyone xx

Star, I had shooting pain in the vagina too! It's so weird. Dont know what to make out of it. Hopefully it's just stretching.

I think we need bump pictures soon!

Bump, hope you are doing well.

Happy Easter everyone. I'm so excited for the lunch buffett we are going to today :).

Star and ILT: thats interesting. Ive had that sharp shooting pain down there as well. I didnt think it was a good sign, but maybe? It just sucks with this blighted ovum crap because you still get all these symptoms because of the sac. Well, tomorrow is the day I hopefully get some answers.

Hope everyone enjoys their Easter!!

Thinking positive for you beneath, what time is your scan?
Hope the shooting feelings are good for you too xx

BMW, I'm crossing all my fingers for you for good news tomorrow! Hang in there. One more sleep. Enjoy your Sunday.

Beneath - thinking of you today, hope all goes well xx

Thinking of u today BMW. Good luck!!

Hi

How is everyone?

My boobs are soooooooo itchy like all over!!! They are so hot too. Is this normal?

Hi kaye, ive heard thats a normal symptom, sounds very irritating, have you tried moisturizer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->