From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Woohoo CMo! What a lovely weekend gift. :)

Cmo - lovely scan picture 😆 loving seeing all these scan pictures. Imagine the next ones. I'm in a week today for my official dating scan I will be 11 weeks 5 days. Can't wait x

Cuuuute pic Cmo :dance:

Good to know it's not just me having the stabbing pain down below. Thankfully it's stopped :D.

Hope everyone else is having a lovely Easter weekend :flower:

Thanks ladies. Can't wait to see our wee baby again already! Just 5 weeks to go! I tell you though I'll be so glad when we all get out of this first trimester. Do you ever relax and stop worrying??

Cmo, awesome pic!!! Yaay...another successful scan for our group!! :D

First, it'll be nice to have one of each gender right? :D. I was hoping for one of each before. But now, still trying to settle with the idea that I will only have boys or girls.

Faith, will you also be seeing Perinatalogist for high risk? My OB and Perinatalogist decided to go with my RE calculated instead of trying to figure out when my last period was lol. I wonder if you'll get an U/S next week also.

So next u/s is Kaye :D. Who else?

ohh...and BMW! How are you doing lady?

Cmo, your day of relaxing is over once you are pregnant! Lol. I don't think we will stop worrying even after the kids are born :).

I have an appointment w/ my OB in a few hours. Very eager to see her since I have a few questions. I did pass a clot as big as my middle finger last night but it was not accompanied by bleeding. I am hoping my placenta is slowly moving up. I sent my mom and my sister my belly picture and both of them commented how big I am already. My sister is currently 24 weeks and she told me that we have the same size belly!! Ack! And here I am thinking that I haven't grow yet!

Cmo, awesome pic!!! Yaay...another successful scan for our group!! :D

First, it'll be nice to have one of each gender right? :D. I was hoping for one of each before. But now, still trying to settle with the idea that I will only have boys or girls.

Faith, will you also be seeing Perinatalogist for high risk? My OB and Perinatalogist decided to go with my RE calculated instead of trying to figure out when my last period was lol. I wonder if you'll get an U/S next week also.

So next u/s is Kaye :D. Who else?

ohh...and BMW! How are you doing lady?

Cmo, your day of relaxing is over once you are pregnant! Lol. I don't think we will stop worrying even after the kids are born :).

I have an appointment w/ my OB in a few hours. Very eager to see her since I have a few questions. I did pass a clot as big as my middle finger last night but it was not accompanied by bleeding. I am hoping my placenta is slowly moving up. I sent my mom and my sister my belly picture and both of them commented how big I am already. My sister is currently 24 weeks and she told me that we have the same size belly!! Ack! And here I am thinking that I haven't grow yet!

Ive been really struggling to stay positive. Having a hard time :(

Hope your appt goes perfectly today!

Beneath - sorry your having a hard time. It's hard to remain positive all the time when you are so worried. Try to stay strong. I have everything crossed for you and will be praying your little bean is ok xx

Beneath - sorry your having a hard time. It's hard to remain positive all the time when you are so worried. Try to stay strong. I have everything crossed for you and will be praying your little bean is ok xx

Thank you. Besides my boobs getting fuller by the minute and being sore and the odd cramp here and there and odd sickly feeling, I barely have any symptoms. Also, even with a blighted ovum you get pregnancy symptoms, so there's no way to differentiate. It's just torture.

Beneath - thinking of you, I know this weekend will be hard. I just hope it passes quickly and Monday brings good news.

ILT - my next scan is on Tuesday (I will be 9w5d). Not sure if anyone other than BMW and myself are having scans this week.

CMo, I don't think the worrying will ever stop. One of my best friends had her 2nd daughter 6 months ago, at term, totally healthy. 24 hours later she came down with necrotizing enterocolitis and lost almost all of her bowels and 2/3 of her colon. She may never be able to have food by mouth...so even after you give birth it is NEVER certain, life can change in the blink of an eye.

3 chords - my scan is Friday next week 😆😆 11 week 5 days.

BMW, I'm sorry you are experiencing this. try to stay strong no matter what the outcome will be. As long as I've known you, I know that you are a strong person. You went through multiple bumps throughout your IVF journey so far. You got more eggs and embies than what you expected. This is another bump on the road. You can do this BMW! We are all here to support you! A couple more days and you'll have your answer. In the mean time, leave Dr. Google alone. Go out and enjoy your time with DH And your family. Surround yourself with people who love you and leave BnB for a couple of days. Just know that there is nothing you can do right now. It's not up to us. So, we'll wait and be patient :hugs:

Afm, OB appt went well. We got to see the babies again and they are growing. Apparently, I'm growing too! My uterus is measuring at around 18 weeks of singleton pregnancy. Yet, I've lost 4lbs so far. She also found the caused if the bleeding. Looks like my placenta is right on top of my cervix right now and she could see that there will be more bleeding. Unfortunately, this can also cause miscarriage. So, I'm taking it one day at a time. It is what it is. Nothing that I can do. I wish I could fast forward to 34 weeks! But for now, the babies are doing great! :)

ILT - great news both babies are good and growing. A friend of mine, her placenta was also underneath baby at her 20 week scan. She got told no Dtd as that could cause a bleed. Hers moved by it self a few weeks later. Hopefully it will be the same for you.
Rest well. When is your next appointment and scan?

3chords, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That was the worse outcome after birth but it did happen. I hope her and her little one are doing well.

So we have 3 u/s next week! :)

Kaye, thank you. We Dtd once ever since I'm pregnant. My RE was very strict when ut comes to that and exercising. I was not allowed to do both until I was 8 weeks. Then between packing, getting the house ready for sale, and everything else, we only did it once. Luckily DH is a very patient and loving man. No demand at all from his side :). I am suppose to see the perinatalogist in 2 weeks and 2 days after that appointment I'll have my amniocentesis. Was told that I might exclusively see the perinatalogist because of my condition. This is unfortunate because we love my new OB. She became my therapist yesterday. It all started with...you've been through a lot these past few weeks. How are you emotionally? Then the waterworks started. I had a good little cry session with my OB! I think I'm staying with her even after I give birth. I finally found my replacement OB!

Sorry for the babbling....having a little insomnia :)

Ahh do glad babies ate well ilt and thats all that matters :) xx

Hey Ilt - yes, I will be. In just under two weeks. I'm not sure what's involved in the first visit. I do know they'll be taking bloods, there'll be loads of forms to fill and I'll be leaving the hospital with a pack of notes. I'm very much looking forward to it. I do have a list of questions already prepared for the appointment too so if there are some things missed, I can ask why. All I'm praying for now is a diligent,committed and experienced midwife. It's a teaching hospital so I may come across some students - if have I to work on with any, my inner diva will come out yelling - NO!! :nope:

Have you started looking at strollers yet? Started thinking about themes for a twin nursery :D?

Faith, I think I also have to do urine test. we already bought a stroller! Lol. We got the baby jogger mini double. I like how easy it is to fold/unfold. I'm not very tall & my MIL has bad hands. So that's the best stroller for us. We also got a crib already. It's white and grey. Waiting for another crib sale and a house to move into to buy the other one since it's pretty heavy. I also got a breastfeeding pillow but for singleton. The plan is to try to breastfeed one at a time and if I can manage to tandem feed then I'll change it to double. I still need to buy car seats and planning to go with Britax convertible. they are a bit pricey but I think it is totally worth it. We got a little tub for the sink. Some washcloths, swaddle cloth, and a few other small items. The plan is to spend $100 each month to buy small items and purchase the bigger items after we move into a house. I'm excited to start purchasing baby stuff. I also gave my MIL a list of what she can buy for jow so she can satisfied her needs to shop for baby items :) are you going to start shopping soon?

Wow ILT that's a lot of shopping! Must make it feel more real to have baby stuff around the house. I think it's a good plan to spend a bit each month then it doesn't feel like a huge outlay. We already know what stroller and car seat we'd get and I also know the bouncer, pretty sure on the swing, etc. I'll probably wait until we know the sex so we can buy non-neutral colours. Our big thing, should we clear the first tri safely is which bedroom to put the gummy bear in. When we moved into this house we turned one of the bedrooms into a gym as it has two large windows and is really bright so we just felt better working out there than in the basement. But that's really the ideal bedroom for the baby and I think that I finally managed to convince DH of it too, haha. But now he wants to move the gym into the room we use as an office, and move the office to the basement and then turn the gym into a nursery. Anyway this is a lot more work, painting, etc, we have to bring in people to dismantle the crazy equipment we have. But if that's what he wants, by all means!

I've only had like one wipe of tan/light brown in the last 5 days so I think that's pretty good, really seems like it's petering out. Three more days until scan! If all well at that scan, our chances are something like 98-99% so I think I'd feel a lot better.

3chords, I think your chance of miscarriage it's a bit low at this point. Hope for a really good scan for you next week!

Baby stuff is expensive and having 2 means double the cost. I'm a planner lol. I can't help myself from planning what baby stuff I want. All of the stuff I bought so far were on sale so I grab them while I can. I researched all of the stuff I want and think that the babies will need and want then wait for a sale. I stalk online sale on daily basis now. Either for maternity clothes or baby stuff. I think the last minute items that I will buy will be the swings and baby bottles. Just in case they don't work, then I'll have time to return them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->