From Assisted Conception to...Babies!!!

Hi everyone :wave:

Ilt - :rofl: at "cutest tax ......." Glad to hear the spotting is slowing down. How long have you got till your scan?

First - glad to hear your scan went well. :). When's the next one?

Bmw - so glad to hear from you. I'm really happy you're spared the stress of going through a full cycle.

Afm, my triple screen is coming up soon. I've had my bloods done, met the midwife and have been assigned a consultant. The hospital just rang to confirm my iron levels are fine which is good but still does not explain the severity of the fatigue. I've been advised to get my b12 and thyrotin levels. If they're normal then I'll have to suck it up I guess. #goodProblemToHave. Once we get the all clear on the triple scan, I'll begin shopping. Can't wait :D :D.

Time to get go get some vitamin D. The sun's finally shown up :)

Ilt, I dont think it's the glucose test, not sure what it was called but was all the screening tests and another one due to diabetes in the family, my sister said the glucose one is later on

Faith, glad all sounds good for you aside from the tiredness, I think mine is getting a bit better and the nausea is better some days then worse the next
Quick question, is anyone having any watery discharge? I had it one day last week on pantyliner and have had it twice today, I phoned midwife and she said it was normal,im also drinking a lot of water
Which she said could be flushing things through?

Faith, no spotting for 2 nights now! Super excited :). Hopefully that mean the placenta has moved away from my cervix. Doctor's appt is next monday. Yaayy..can't wait to see the babies again.

Alright, finally got DH to take bump pic. Unfortunately, he is not the best picture taker. I think I am still in denial on how big my bump is. I keep thinking I'm not that big yet. I think this pic proves me wrong. :)

Attachments

• 2015-04-14 06.49.39.jpg
    2015-04-14 06.49.39.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 7
Ahh great bump pic, I cant wait to have one!

ILT - great news about no spotting/bleeding. That's how it happened for me - it was every day for like 4-5 days, then every other day, then every third day and finally just went away. :) And your twin bump is awesome, you will and faith will be real champs by the end.

star25 - I am still on 3x per day progesterone suppositories (the wax kind that look like bullets) so I have watery discharge constantly. I don't know whether it is from them or that it's just extra wet down there. I start tapering to 2x per day in a couple of days so we'll see if anything changes.

Time is dragging a bit for me waiting until my next appointment. It will be our first one with our OB so I don't think they do a scan then, just listen with doppler. Which I am a bit concerned about because at 10 weeks they told us that the placenta was anterior, which is not concerning but you may not hear a heartbeat on a doppler with an anterior placenta until like 20+ weeks. Mercifully I will have to have the nuchal fold test in the next 2-3 weeks so I will get an ultrasound one way or another!

Faith, btw, what's a triple scan?

Star, my dad has diabetes and when I told my OB she told me to do an early glucose test. Still need to do it though. Let me know how it goes w/ your test. I only had discharge when I was on progesterone pills. Otherwise so far, pretty dry. I think as long as the discharge is not yeast, it should be ok, no?

First, you think so? I am overweight to begin with so lots of padding :D.

3chords, I can't remember where you are. But my OB did a quick u/s on our first appointment just to confirm things. Hopefully, you'll feel movement before 20 weeks. Do you have a doppler?

I have a doppler but have not been successful and don't expect to be due to the anterior placenta. The RE said that with the anterior placenta you may not feel movement until 28 weeks! Just my luck...

I am in Toronto (Canada) but none of my girlfriends who went to their first OB appt at 12 weeks had an ultrasound. Just got a requisition for an ultrasound to do the nuchal fold test that week.

Is the OB your new OB or she's been your OB for a while? I wonder if you can ask her to do a brief U/s :). Worse come worse, she says no, right? If not, then you have the NT scan. Sorry about the placenta, that sucks! I hope you can feel movement much earlier than 28 weeks. It is the strangest feeling ever. I know a lot of people will say you can't feel movements early but I think you'll know when it's baby. It just feels different. Butterflies in your belly....literally.

Faith, have you feel movements yet since you are also having twins?

When would you normally feel movements with 1 baby?

3 week's on Fri til 12 week scan, going quick so far, 9 weeks tomorrow amd time seems to be flying by!

I have no other kids so she hasn't been my OB before but she is the same surgeon who has performed my two myomectomies so she's known me for quite a while, about 3 years now. I could always ask, and will definitely let her know that I am a very paranoid patient.

Star, I think for a singleton you are suppose to feel something around 18 weeks? I think. First, could you help out here? :D. I started feeling movement after 12 weeks and it was a fluttering feeling. Then, didn't feel anything for almost a week. Then, a couple of kick feeling. Can't even describe it. And now, they are pretty constant. :) I think I can feel them more if I sit on my office chair with my belly folded a bit lol.

3chords, 3 years is a good amount of time :). Hey...again...worse come worse she said no. I hope she does say yes though :D.

Is the OB your new OB or she's been your OB for a while? I wonder if you can ask her to do a brief U/s :). Worse come worse, she says no, right? If not, then you have the NT scan. Sorry about the placenta, that sucks! I hope you can feel movement much earlier than 28 weeks. It is the strangest feeling ever. I know a lot of people will say you can't feel movements early but I think you'll know when it's baby. It just feels different. Butterflies in your belly....literally.

Faith, have you feel movements yet since you are also having twins?

Yep, I felt movement VERY early with my DS. And on the morning that I turned 18 weeks, we were lying in bed and I felt a kick, grabbed my DH's hand, and he felt it. So amazing! (This was really early, so don't stress if it doesn't happen until much later.)

First, I can't wait to feel the kicks. Errr...now that I think about it, might not be fun to be kick by 4 feet. lol.

First, I can't wait to feel the kicks. Errr...now that I think about it, might not be fun to be kick by 4 feet. lol.

:haha:

I was told (probably as a means of consoling me) that the one big advantage of an anterior placenta is that as you get to the end of your third trimester, you will be a lot more comfortable as the placenta will always cushion the kicks, etc, so women with anterior placentas tend to get more sleep, etc. I hope she wasn't lying to me. :growlmad:

3chords, I hope she is right! I'm already having problem sleeping.

A few days ago, I asked DH if there was something wrong with the bed because I felt that I kept rolling to the middle. He sighed and said...no honey...it's just you.

Then, a few hours later, I said..honey I seriously think something is wrong with the bed. I can't seemed to be able to switch side easily. I have to wake up and then switch side. And I got the same answer again! Lol. Apparently, I've been hogging the bed. Poor man has been sleeping on the edge of the bed lately.

how's everyone's DH doing so far with the pregnancy?

Morning everyone :flower:

Ilt - the triple scan checks for genetic anomalies which include Downs and two others I cant remember the name of. They'll also be taking more blood. Fun times ahead :D.

I'm sporting a yoyo bloating bump for now. I had a flat tummy before my BFP so I expect it'll be a while before I start to show properly. I'm thinking May :).

As for feeling movement, I feel nothing. Do you?

So who has a Doppler at home? If so, how are you finding spotting the heartbeat?

Ilt - are you able to find the heartbeats for both babies easily?

Have a lovely day everyone :wave:

3chords, I hope she is right! I'm already having problem sleeping.

A few days ago, I asked DH if there was something wrong with the bed because I felt that I kept rolling to the middle. He sighed and said...no honey...it's just you.

Then, a few hours later, I said..honey I seriously think something is wrong with the bed. I can't seemed to be able to switch side easily. I have to wake up and then switch side. And I got the same answer again! Lol. Apparently, I've been hogging the bed. Poor man has been sleeping on the edge of the bed lately.

how's everyone's DH doing so far with the pregnancy?

:rofl: poor DH.
I've been sleeping on the sofabed downstairs since 7 weeks. My middle of the night scoffings require that the fridge is within easy reach. I also don't feel comfortable bringing food into the bedroom. There's also the trips to the loo and I'm furthest away from the door.
Will you be getting a pregnancy pillow?

Ilt, I think my dh is doing ok so far but I dont think it's properly sunk in yet, hes always so calm about things though so hopefully he'll carry on that way as im the worrier

Ill be getting a pregnancy pillow, just dont know what one yet, the one thats about 12ft and van go around your whole body looks cosy but then that might just be too much pillow lol, probably wouldn't room for dh then!
I cant wait to feel movement a long way to go but I'll keep busy so time flies!

How is everyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->