Funny Things Your Child Has Said!

We were talking this afternoon about what to have tonight for dinner and decided to have fish and chips. Alex was going out with My OH to buy it.
He walked out of the front door shouting 'I'm going to the pet shop to buy your dinner mum ok?' Ha ha!!!

Holly saw me taking a big pizza out of the oven last night and exclaimed 'Look mummy! A steering wheel!' :rofl:

Me: "you'll have to wait for Christmas"
Micah: "where's Christmas now then? Is it near the park?"

Also a few weeks after watching a Pingu episode where his sister is born, my friend was having a baby.
Cue lots of questions like...

"is she out of the egg now then?"
"did the doctor help her out with a spoon?" !! :shrug:
"is my friend's sister a penguin?"

Posted this as part of a response in another thread but thought it would probably be most appropriate here:

This morning my toddler kept telling me: "Daddy beeped the horn at a dog!" (something that happened yesterday, a dog wandered on the road and OH beeped at it to encourage it to get off the road). I was like, "Yes, uh-huh, yes, he beeped the horn. At the dog. Yup."

Obviously I wasn't paying this fact sufficient attention as he then started yelling: "DADDY A HORNDOG! DADDY A HORNDOG!" Thank god we were at home and not in a mall.

Micah read a book where a boy's favourite toy got Christmas presents too so I asked him what his favourite toy would want for Christmas. Micah answered "he wants to share my jelly beans".. Very sweet I thought..

Then a couple of minutes later I overhear him playing with the toy and his Lego father Christmas and saying "what's that? You want your OWN jelly beans? Micah isn't sharing." :haha:

Joni was very insightful but needed confirmation of her observations this morning when eating breakfast.

"Mummy. Crumpets don't talk. Do they?"

^^ :haha:

Maria said to me today that she wants to be a boy-band.... I didn't really know how to respond to that.

I am asking lo if she knows where the phone is(she had it last)
she replies : yea
Me : where is it?
She: gone.

Not my DD (yet!) but I was babysitting my friends daughter who was about 4 at the time, and I was to go get her at her grandmas.

As I walk in I can see the little girl repeatedly poking two fingers into her grandmas belly and laughing! Then all of a sudden she exclaims:

"Grandma, your tummy is like a bouncy house for my fingers!! It so fluffy!" :dohh:

(To note - she had just gone to a birthday party where they had one of those inflatable slides and mats all the kids can jump on...maybe it was just fresh in her mind? :shrug:)

Last night me and Lucas were arguing over vegetables while preparing dinner, I told him to shush and he came back with "shouldn't you be having witch and chips for your tea anyway?" ... He was calling me the dragon from Room on the Broom, the cheek! *

Then this morning he was getting ready for school..
"Sonny in school only has three stickers left to collect on his sticker chart, he's going to win"
"Aww I'm sure you'll catch up, how many do you have left?"
"Only sixteen!"

Micah was given a nativity scene and I had to explain about what a manger is.. I don't think I did very well because Micah followed it with the question "so... Did the animals eat the baby Jesus then?" :haha:

Micah was given a nativity scene and I had to explain about what a manger is.. I don't think I did very well because Micah followed it with the question "so... Did the animals eat the baby Jesus then?" :haha:

:rofl:

bahaha!!!

My niece said to her mum
'mum boys have widgys and girls have ham'
:haha: that's one way to put it i guess.

I gave Maria a Finnish flag to wave around as its Independence Day today and she loves it which is nice but she keeps enthusiastically telling me "I love my beautiful fag!!"

Not good pronounciation!

Today at nap time my toddler lovingly informed me he was going "chop Mummy up with a knife and eat Mummy. Chop Mummy's eyes, chop Mummy's nose, chop Mummy's arms, eat Mummy all up, yum!"

He later added he was going to chop and eat his room, his Duplo and his bed, so I am not too alarmed yet.

Just after she finished doing a poo Maria asked this very important question..."Can I put my fingers in my bum?" :sick: :rofl:

Olivia: Mummy I saw some eagles outside my nursery today.
Me: really? Eagles?
Olivia: yes they were flying round and round, sitting on nursery's roof and looking for something to eat.
Me: are you sure they were eagles? What did they look like?
Olivia: big and white. They live at the beach.
Me: you mean SEAGULLS?
Olivia: yes, eagles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"