• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Funny Things Your Child Has Said!

Isaac just said 'if you went to the beach and drowned in the sea would it be a nightmare or a trip to the beach?'

Crying during a contraction and LO turns round and said "don't have the baby mummy, doctor's not here yet".

Crying during a contraction and LO turns round and said "don't have the baby mummy, doctor's not here yet".

Okay irony got me here as a few hours after I wrote this he actually did show up before doctors/midwives arrived :haha:

Reading his space book I asked him "so you see, we call a meteor like that a 'shooting star', would you like to see one?" and he replied looking at me very concerned, "um... Yeah... OK.. But don't they sometimes... Make us die? Like dinosaurs?"

"Mummy did you know that a long time ago, a very very long time ago when everyone died, there were lots of chewing gum shops"

Also Maria described her utopia to us the other day "it would be really nice if everyone was little and there were no grown ups and we were just all little and there wouldn't be any bedtimes and we'd eat ice lollies"

Mummy I did a big poo.. I eat food and it goes down down down then.. *turns round and points at bum*...*makes demonstrative pushing noises*

Thank you

the other night i was taking off my make up and Z my 4 year old says 'yeah you dont need to look pretty in bed' :/

Talking about our upcoming week away...
Micah: are we camping again?
Me: no we are staying in a house
Micah: are we taking our house? :haha:

OH neice:

'Um i just did a poo on your garden floor'

nice!! thanks!

Olivia was telling me all about how she is looking forward to being a grown up one day.

I asked her what was the one thing she was most excited about being able to do when she's a grown up....

"being able to switch the light on without having to stand on a chair" of course.

Such an ambitious child! :haha:

Olivia was telling me all about how she is looking forward to being a grown up one day.

I asked her what was the one thing she was most excited about being able to do when she's a grown up....

"being able to switch the light on without having to stand on a chair" of course.

Micah's answer to that question was "SHARP THINGS!!" o_O

Micah's answer to that question was "SHARP THINGS!!" o_O

Haha I told z he couldn't go in the cutlery draw as there are sharp knifes in there and his reply was 'but I play with knifes at nursery' :haha: (they learn tools during their forest school session - z can use a drill and saw to make beads to use for making bracelets)

At the grocery with DD and of course I get the one squeaky cart that has a wonky wheel - it gets stuck on a piece of lettuce and makes a rumbling noise and DD clasps her little hands together, smiles soooo big and exclaims (at the top of her lungs):

"MOMMY TOOTED!!!!" and then laughed hysterically.

Literally every single person in the produce section turned and looked! Ack! Her dad has been teaching her this and thinks it's equally as funny.

My stepmum gave birth to my baby brother almost 2 weeks before i gave birth to DD. I've been over there quite a bit lately to see my 2 brothers with my DS. L (whose 9 weeks old) and S (who is 8 years old).

The other day Ds(4.5yrs old) asked what the difference was between a boy & a girl. So while changing DD I showed him and explained. He then went on to say "Mammy eat a seed and a baby will grow in your tummy and you can have a baby boy like Grandma". Tried explaining Mammy and Daddy doesn't want any more babies. So he then said...

"Mammy instead of having a baby can we take Layla-Grace to the hospital so they can put a willy on her"

I couldn't help but laugh!

Maria was asked by a nurse the other day if she is a very good girl (they were having a conversation about Father Christmas) and Maria replied "No, I'm quite naughty actually"

I had to change a sanitary pad today in the public toilets, in the stall next to my MIL, Micah exclaimed incredibly loudly: "Oooo that's one of your lady tabs, so you're going to have a baby now? Hmm shall I have a brother or a sister do you think? " :haha:

Finally I get to post. Haha. For some reason my son has taken to saying "duck" with an 'f' instead of a 'd'. Sometimes when I try to get him to saw a word, I will say like "yuh (the sound of 'y'), yuh, yellow" "duh, duh, duck". Etc. Well he was getting upset with me trying to get him to say duck correctly so I tried a different strategy (since he CAN say a D sound!) and said "Daddy, daddy, duck". And so... "Daddy f***" began. And then of course I couldn't help but laugh and he continued. I wish I had thought that one through!

my LB has started saying (or at least making noises that sounds like words) 2-3 word sentences, he will throw his ball and ask where, say its there etc.
so the other day we was playing in the garden, i threw his ball to him and asked him where, so he looked at me and pointed at it saying 'its there' so after repeating it a few times i said to him 'go get it then' he looked in disgust and said 'get it nen (then)' i was shocked, surely a 16 month old did not say that?? i do like to think he does although i do know its a noise or mumble sounding like words, but thats how they learn huh?

For whatever reasons my twin girls have decided that their names are momma. Whenever you ask either one what their name is they point at their chest and say I am momma.

Probably mimicking something I did to teach them my name... But now it's been going for months!

For whatever reasons my twin girls have decided that their names are momma. Whenever you ask either one what their name is they point at their chest and say I am momma.

Probably mimicking something I did to teach them my name... But now it's been going for months!

LOL

My DD used to think her name was "no" :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"