General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

CB somehow we musta posted near the same time lol
Didn't see your post as I uploaded pics then BAM!
Magic woman lol
Also my Windows 10 gives me a new pic for my desktop each day, and today was Cumbria England. Gorgeous mountains with a field of flowers blooming below- Made me think of you UK gals...tho I have NO idea who may be near there lol

Oh my goodness, those waffles look aaaaamazing!

giggle- we haven't even set a date yet. :lol: He proposed the beginning of December, but we have two totally different ideas on weddings. He wants the whole she-bang and I want something smaller and more intimate. We hadn't set a date because we kept going back and forth on what our wedding will be like. I'd be A-Ok with eloping. Not him, though. So most likely we won't marry until after this babe is born.

Cb- I laughed out loud to your description of a boar snoring on the couch!

Bdb seriously Pig just didn’t cover it :rofl:

Ohhh J now your pics of food are there aswell! Tummy gurgling Lol

Cumbria is nowhere near me, im rubbish with geography- im guessing its somewhere up north from me, im right in the South by the seafront! Im going to google Cumbria now ha ha

Bdb get yeself some Wedding magazines & ooooze over all the pics & venues! You can still have fancy swish do’s & only small number of guests :)

We got engaged like 8 yrs ago haha & we did it all backwards with the house, babies etc.. we dont care tbh. I do want to get hitched some day in next few yrs before i look too old to wear a real lovely wedding dress, somewhere warm & sunny & then have a shin dig with all our friends & family when we come back :)

Heres where Cumbria is ‘north west’ of UK.. ive drawn an Arrow where we live ;)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1029759&stc=1&d=1521927369

Attachments

• B00E36E3-F0A2-45F5-9768-489F5E0F13B9.jpg
    B00E36E3-F0A2-45F5-9768-489F5E0F13B9.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 4
waffle samiches were great, but we both saved half for later LOL
They are seriously 2 full waffle iron Belgian waffles, almost 8 inches wide each, and with about an inch and a half of meat and cheese...can't wait for my late night meal:munch: hehe - Thank goodness I talked him into taking the course Uber forced on him due to bad customer service reviews ( his smartass tone I'm sure) LOL
Now he is back to having 2 services to drive for, rather than just moping here.
So he will be out all night wheeee:wohoo:

AF started today, that explains the migraine I’ve been dealing with and the feeling overheated all past week.

Bdb i didn't see your comment on hubs; his fear is understandable. Those lines look really good though!

Regarding weddings...as someone who went all out (we had about 80 guests), i would say if we did it again knowing what we know now we either would have done a very intimate ceremony with family only or just eloped, then had a big reception/party with everyone else. I think the whole walking down the isle and exchanging vows in front of a ton of people including friends of our folks (ie people we aren't at all close to) was so much pressure and very nerve wracking. That said the reception was fun and our wedding has gone down in our group of friends as the most fun...but nothing really special about the ceremony. Wish we kept it private.

J glad exhubs is finally taking some advice!

Bdb, nice progression! As for wedding: we had a small wedding, 25 guests. Just closest relatives. We are invited to a huge 600 people wedding next weekend, I'll let you know what I prefer after. ;)

J, omg, i am coming over for some waffles!
Sorry about the witch showing...

Keeps, nice car!

I think i will be the same with a big wedding, il get very anxious in front of tons of guests & all il be thinking is omg ive messed my lines up :shock: id def need a couple of Voddy shots before hand lol

Glad your af explains your migraines Shae, hope its a quick af for you :) noone whether ttc or not likes getting a period, its a butt pain.

Just re looked at those Waffle pics J.. its 07:10 here atm & no im hungry! Il fly to yours yes??! :haha: how was your late night dinner? Tastey I bet mmm!

In other news, Nuala slept through again last night, 3rd night in a row, get in!!! I couldnt get her usual ‘Nuk’ dummys so had to settle for the ‘Tommee Tippee’ ones which have a diff teat but suppposedly “orthadontic approved” blah blah & packaging says for a more soothing sleep or something along those lines.. i laughed when I read it because yes my daughter doesn’t sleep because the Dummy kept waking her. Well blow me down lol! Shes been sleeping great since using them!! :)

Ah wedding talk, I love it. I won’t be able to have my dream wedding because money, but we’re gonna do what we can with what we have. I want a smaller wedding, just family and close friends. To be fair, I have a pretty huge family. I don’t want people I don’t know at my wedding, though. Also less mouths to feed, and catering is insanely expensive. SO wants to get married in a church cuz he thinks that’s the “right” way to do it, and I think a church wedding would be cute so I have nothing against that. Honestly the two parts of getting married I’m most excited about are the dress and the actually being married.

I’m sooooo frickin excited about wearing a wedding dress. I’m 100% gonna wear a big poofy ballgown. Recently found a company that does custom designed and tailored wedding dresses starting at 1,000, and since the local boutique starts at 2,000, I might end up using the custom people. But if I do that, im first gonna go try on a ton of dresses so I know what looks good on me and what I actually like once it’s on my body lol.

And then of course there’s the being married thing, which is the most important, but honestly I’ve been dreaming about that poofy ballgown my entire life so it’s a pretty close race there.

Oooh shae any pics of what you have in mind? I looove looking at dresses. Also if you're on a budget check out David's bridal. Maybe not the highest quality material but they do have beautiful dresses.

Cb did you get any jiggy in yet?! I'm rooting for you!

Hubs referred to his sperm as "baby seeds" omg :rofl:

I love a big ol poofy wedding dress hehe!!

Baby seeds HAHAAA. That would floor me aswell :rofl:

Hey girls!

Congrats on the bfp, B!

Weddings. Mine was tiny...my folks, his folks, our sisters, and one of our close family friends, and our sisters' kids. I wore a white empire-waist sheath-style dress. Spaghetti straps, some beading on the bodice, and the rest just draped down. It was actually a bridesmaid dress from David's bridal, but I ordered it in white. It was $99, and beautiful!!! This was when I was a size 2. Lol. We got married in our church's smaller chapel, so it was cozy, and intimate. Afterwards, we all had dinner and wine in a local Italian restuarant's wine cellar, and we bar-hopped the rest of the night! It was wonderful!!!

My first marriage we had a pretty big wedding- i was 18 and had a huge poofy dress with long sleeves and so much sparkle and embroidery. Lots of family and friends and all that jazz. I was so stressed on the weekend of the wedding it was unreal... we got a divorce anyway haha

2nd time around I was already pregnant and we just went to the justice of the peace at the courthouse. I got a white and black “semi formal dress” on clearance from jcpenney for like $15 and my DH just wore nice dress slacks and shirt and tie. Just had both sets of parents there and it was the best wedding! Then we had a party at his parents that weekend. It was a Thursday we got married on and then we went to the OB office that afternoon to have my first prenatal visit and see the baby on ultrasound. Talk about a busy day! His parents took us out that night to celebrate at the best restraunt in town and I had an awesome dinner which I promptly threw up in the parking lot 5 minutes down the road. Ugh

Discharged but A is still sick life sucks

I chose down payment over wedding, which I just see as a party. I don’t like people enough lol. I was going to do an all inclusive package at some resort in Hawaii. The reception was a luau buaha

Uh tired finish later

JLM- Yay for ex being gone all night now!

Cb- I'm glad she slept all night for you. I used the TT pacifiers with my youngest and she really liked them.

Dobby- so glad to hear A has been discharged!

My first wedding- we were both 20 and I was HUGELY pregnant with my first. I stood before my pastor and both sets of parents and that was pretty much it. I actually do not regret going that route.

I've always had anxiety when it comes to being the center of attention, for lack of better word. I never enjoyed my parents throwing me birthday parties because I always worried I wouldn't express enough gratitude over each gift I unwrapped (same with Christmas). I always felt intimidated at my own baby showers, too. I think this feeds into my wedding anxiety.

DH has a TON of solid friends. I have a lot of acquaintances but maybe 7-8 girls I can actually depend on no matter the circumstance. He wants to invite everyone we associate with, but I say only those we actively hang out with.

I'm going tomorrow to our local pregnancy center to get proof of pregnancy for health insurance. I think it will truly feel real to me at that point. <3 Also, AF is due tomorrow as well, so just getting through tomorrow will be a huge relief.

Weddings - I had a really small one too! If I had a big one, it would have meant inviting 150-200 guests with all the family and friends I was "supposed" to invite. Meaning expensive.

So instead, DH and I decided to get married in Italy. We had his parents, my parents, and some close friends. And we had A BLAST. And even with the cost of being over there for 2 weeks and on our honeymoon, our total costs were only about 10K. Much less expensive than a traditional, big wedding here in the states. And very dreamy. :)

Hope everyone is doing well! Been really busy with work and my daughter, who is now six months! Good luck to everyone TTC! Looking forward to seeing more positive tests. I'm secretly looking forward to TTC again, but prob not until next Jan for me so any kids can be at least two years apart.

Dobby, glad to hear A is doing better! Hope he gets all better quickly! You're such a strong mama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->