General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Lol I have no shame but yeah it depressed me getting like 50 tests and then the cashier recognizing me and pitying me.

Gigs what do you mean plastic box? Like security box?!

Rant from me, because I am still not completely over it: we saw mil this weekend and we were talking work. And I said "when L was 6 months old, I got bored just being at home." To which she said "yes, that's called running away from your child". At first I thought (just agree, don't pick a fight) and then I thought ("no, this isn't right!")
So, I said, "I don't agree at all. "
Her: "when young mother's go back to work early, they are running away from their own children"
It took all I had for me not to scream. So I said "this is about mental health too. You need other interaction".
Her "yeah, running away!"
This went back and forward a few times. She changed the topic when dh walked back into the room. Oh, and she "only" had 4 months off after her first was born because "that's all she had at the time". How is that different? Some parents don't have a choice and I didn't either. Mental health, schmental health in her mind, it's all running away.
According to her: I am running away from raising my own child because I work. Wtf!!!

Woooooow that’s bold. I’m all for to each their own but dang don’t be all in soneone’s face like that and mad shady how she changed the subject when DH came. Did you tell him or just letting it go?

Dobs oh thank god you’re not offended, I was so worried. I understand the treating them well for ethical reasons instead, and I think that’s perfectly valid.

Gigs yeah true. I haven’t gotten pregnant so far though haha.

I took a nap and woke up feeling so fucking nauseous. Like might actually puke nauseous. But SO hasn’t finished in me in at least a month, and considering the IUD plus that, it would be near impossible to be pregnant. I love how I said this wasn’t my regular “am I pregnant” but now that I feel like I might actually puke I’m doubting myself. I’m sure I’m fine. If I tell myself that, I’ll be fine.

ETA: I think Flueks asked how taking the pills is going? I had to stop taking my pills at night because turns out they keep me up. I got a bottle of vitamins but most of the time I just check off taking it when the alarm goes off without actually getting up and taking a vitamin. Probably cuz I know I won’t get pregnant so I lack motivation.

:(. Sorry you feel sick and yeah even though logically you know it’s not possible you still wonder lol

I’m thinking off going off bcp until I start dating again idk but this calcium thing will just not do we have three gens of osteo and now i’m Not pumping.

Dobs, I told dh the moment we pulled out of her driveway. He just shrugged it off as one of the stupid things that come out of her mouth.
For real, woman that go back to work aren't running away from their kids! Yes, sometimes I need a break, but i am not running away from L! We all need a break at some point, it's called good parenting.

Worst part is: she actually ran away!!!! Divorced her husband, then left her kids with a friend while she started a new life in the other side of the country. Then brought 3 of 4 of her kids out. Her oldest (my dh) was old enough to say he'd stay with his dad.

Dobs yeah I considered the depo shot until I saw the issue with calcium. My grandmother (mom’s side) had osteoporosis and my mom is one step away from it at 50. I just don’t want to risk it.

PL that’s so rude, I can’t believe she said that, especially considering her own past! Wow. Crazy.

Started chewing mint gum and it’s brought down my nausea significantly, thank god.

PL maybe she has regret for what she did and is projecting onto you. I would have asked hubs' opinion in front of her when he walked in despite her efforts to change the subject, or called her out on her hypocrisy! "Oh is that what you were doing when your kids were young? Running away?"

Fluek thanks for the pics. Hmmmm what an odd comment for L to throw in...how old is she and does she have kids? Maybe they really missed you last time you were out.

Dobs, yes, the plastic security boxes! I guess people have been stealing them en masse. They steal the blue baskets from there (like the ones you shop with) so I guess I'm not surprised. Annoyed though...

Anyway I support anyone choosing to go off bcp. I will withhold my opinions here...

Ok y'all i really need your help. I'm seeing it more than yesterday but less than a true positive so now I just feel crazy. Opinions? I think it's probably just the test strip again ...

Attachments

• IMG_3699.jpg
    IMG_3699.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3702.jpg
    IMG_3702.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3703.jpg
    IMG_3703.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 18
Ok looking again in person pretty sure this is negative :/ I may take one more tomorrow morning then call it quits. I've never gotten a positive later than 10dpo.

Just to b* i’ve Been up since 3am sick. Can barely get down chicken noodle soup. But no more dick days or even differentiated pay days so at work

Dick days? Lol do u mean sick days Dobbs?

Gigs i can see pink on the count down to pg link! Mine was jylust as faint & there/not there at 9dpo eeee did u buy more? Lol

Feeling sick as fooook today, horrible taste in mouth & i gagged at my coffee this morning lol it’ll get worse i know it

Bdb eeeep only 1 more day!! Wat times your scan hun??

Sorry your feeling poorly though hun.. if u took the day off would u not get paid for it?

I still have a Digi in the cupboard but i got the max reading already on the other one a week ago, i got a dbl pack as i wasn’t expecting 3+ yet lol

Im waiting for my curry delivery although not really feeling it.. sorry ive filled up the newsfeed ha ha

Mmm I’d kill for some curry. Sorry you’re feeling sick though.

Dobs ditto on CB’s question - do you just not get paid if you don’t go in? I’m guessing they can’t technically force you to go in if you’re super sick, not to mention if you may potentially infect others. Hope you feel better soon anyway.

Gigs I definitely see a faint line on the bottom one. Can’t wait to see more.

AFM you’ve probably heard about the van attack here in Toronto. Everyone’s pretty shaken up. We put offers in on several homes right by there last year and it’s scary to think it could’ve happened even closer to home. Several of my friends knew the first victim whose name they announced today too, and she went to my university. So, so sad. I’m glad they caught the guy though so he can live the rest of his life in jail rather than get what he wanted.

Jez I hadn't heard -- the news gives me horrid anxiesty so I barely listen anymore. That is aweful but great that he was caught and will be brought to justice.

Thanks ladies for looking at my tests. The more I look at it the less I see a line.

Cb I totally bought another 3 pack lol. Sorry your symptoms are full swing!

Dobs hope work is distracting you from how crappy you feel :(

Dobs sorry you’re feeling I’ll :(

CB ooo curry, yum!

Jez after a quick read on the news it seems he was involved in an online community called “incel”, aka involuntary celibate, for men who were pissed that no women wanted them and wouldn’t give them sex. The community often promotes rape and sometimes celebrates a mass murderer who killed 6 people then himself because he was sexually frustrated. Like honestly wtf. Does make it seem that he was just a crazy loner and it wasn’t a terror attack. It’s an awful situation either way, of course.

I just like constantly want sushi lately, specifically spicy salmon hand rolls. God whyyy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->