General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Oh yeah i'm already trying to wrap my head around 3 boys and am beginning to be a bit bummed about probably never having my own little girl 😪

I guess it's a good thing to find outbin advance of the party so i can not have any of this hit me in front of a crowd!

Congrats giggs great scans! When I had my 13us with em the tech told me boy based on the nub but it was standing straight up lol there was no missing it. Can't wait to hear about the reveal/envelope opening in a couple of days!

Gigs I’m really sorry!

Nub isn’t 100% accurate though, I’ve seen boy nubs turn into girl babies, if you want a professional to do it I’ll send you a link to a FB group I’m in, one of the ladies has been doing this for 30 years and Has an impeccable track record. She knew evie was a girl despite there being a lot of boy guess on my photo.

:hugs:

It's ok, i trust my doctor and it's a short day away to find out for sure :) i'm fine, slept on it and if you recall i wanted 3 boys before so i'll get back there! Just means i'll have an amazing surprise if it wnds up pink but I won't hold my breath for that :haha:

We're playing disc golf allllll day so i'll be well distracted. I slept horrid last night, tossing and turning and thinking a lot about the baby.

It's ok, i trust my doctor and it's a short day away to find out for sure :) i'm fine, slept on it and if you recall i wanted 3 boys before so i'll get back there! Just means i'll have an amazing surprise if it wnds up pink but I won't hold my breath for that :haha:

We're playing disc golf allllll day so i'll be well distracted. I slept horrid last night, tossing and turning and thinking a lot about the baby.

I know you did gigs, I was surprised you were sad as I thought that was what you wanted, but it’s okay I just felt bad saying 100% boy! Anyway boys are meant to be easier! (Plus you don’t have to fork out for any weddings! :rofl: )

Hugs giggs sorry to hear about your terrible night sleep :-( Disc golf today should be fun and a great distraction! Personally I've never played it what got you into it??

So this morning I tested 9dpo bfn I've included a pic of the "lovely lack of line" lol but the last two mornings after my first couple of sips of coffee I've had to get up and walk quickly towards the bathroom with nausea that had my mouth watering.. this morning more intense and the nausea is still lingering.. so fingers crossed it's a good sign! I made Em a cupcake for his first birthday but he didn't do as much damage not sure if it was because he was in his highchair..plus the white icing disappears on skin not like the colored... So for his party I'll sit him on the mat on the floor so he can throw himself in lol..

Attachments

• IMG_20180728_080703.jpg
    IMG_20180728_080703.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20180726_191855~2.jpg
    IMG_20180726_191855~2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20180726_192721.jpg
    IMG_20180726_192721.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 4
Purple fxed and yay cupcake! I was dying because I told my guests A had never successfully eaten his practice cupcakes so don’t be disappointed and then he grabs the whole thing and takes a huge bite :rofl:

Gigs I remember you saying 3 boys but you did say girl before that, I think it’s great that you are gearing up to be happy with either outcome. Idk if the spine is curved but the degree isn’t as severe as with A’s. And one skull pic looks girly to me but A had a girly skull so idk.

Would you still book that private scan or are you goin to go totally by his word? My tech told me at 12w3d she was pretty certain A was a boy but at that stage it could be just an enlarged clitoris and not to go out and buy any gender specific stuff. Plus another excuse to see bubs and keepsake

Gigs it’s really not THAT severe and could be a girl, I’ve just got up Evie’s 12 week scan and they’re not that different. I still say boy but I could be wrong!

Top pic is Evie

Attachments

• 09FD1DC2-D1C5-439D-9150-5969B5D961FB.jpg
    09FD1DC2-D1C5-439D-9150-5969B5D961FB.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 16
Hm it looks a lot more boyish than Evie’s does, in my opinion. It’s not a crazy angle, still could be girl, but I’m still strongly leaning boy.

I looked up the nub theory just so I could have a slightly more educated opinion on this lol, normally my guesses are wrong cuz I didn’t know the theory before, we’ll see if my accuracy changes now :haha:

Purple I can see the cupcake on him, super cute!

Dobs haha I love that A just took a big bite out of it after not touching it before

AFM I got a call that my scrubs for clinical have arrived at the store. Now I gotta go pick them up ugh, it’s 1.5 hours awayyyy and I hate drivingggg, especially alone cuz it’s boring. Music helps, but doesn’t fix it. But I’m super excited to get them! They’re not exactly super flattering scrubs, we don’t have a choice in that matter, the school picks them. But I’m still excited anyway, and we get to wear a lab coat to pick up clinical assignments and idky but that’s super exciting to me lol, I’m weird haha

My mom bought me my stethoscope on Amazon the other day, it’s a 3M Littmann Classic III (in turquoise) for those of you in healthcare who know about stethoscope brands lol, I’m sure to most of you that’s totally meaningless haha! I’m super excited! It was the one my RA recommended to me, and from what I’ve seen it’s very good. Hopefully it lives up to my expectations! The scrub store was selling 3M Littmann Classic II SE’s and Lightweight II SE’s for like $120, it was way overpriced and I’ve heard those aren’t as good as the Classic III, which was on Amazon for $80, so it was an easy decision lol.

Hey ladies sneaking back in after going mia sorry!!

Update: had my first scan it went perfectly here is pic of baby and yesterday I found the heartbeat with the doppler andwas able to record it! Beyond excited. I hope everyone is doing well!!

Attachments

• 561F9368-BB05-489A-899B-5BB66C04D7EC.jpg
    561F9368-BB05-489A-899B-5BB66C04D7EC.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 10
Nyx awwww congrats on scan <3

I know with nub theory although looks boyish.. with the white nub lines, girls are supposed to follow the line of the spine, i had a few saying Nualas was a boy but infact girl :) never 100% until babe us alot more wks ;)

Nyx awwww congrats on scan <3

I know with nub theory although looks boyish.. with the white nub lines, girls are supposed to follow the line of the spine, i had a few saying Nualas was a boy but infact girl :) never 100% until babe us alot more wks ;)

Thank you!!! I’m going to do the blood test to find out fender next week. I really want another boy. All boys is my preference, but healthy baby is the key.

Shae I have two litmans and I love them. One is a teal and the other a forest green. That is crazy how far you have to drive for scrubs! When I was in uni the only pre requisite was navy blue we could get our own fit.

Ok guys I'm going bananas lol I got another test from the dollar store today and I swear I see something lol inverted it looks it a little more.. but I could have line eyes.. I'll attach let me know if I'm crazy but I will also retest tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_20180728_152033.jpg
    IMG_20180728_152033.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Negative Image_1532806759223~2.jpg
    Negative Image_1532806759223~2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 20
Wow shae I agree that&#8217;s far. I bought scrubs once when I was prevet and working as a vet tech apprentice. Their only requirement was it for you. One lady had hello kitty scrubs haha

Nyx beautiful pic! Fxed for all good news with the blood test and you get to be team blue again

A is going to town on this Mac n cheese so if he doesn&#8217;t swell up like a balloon I can confidently say his allergy is to egg (both reactions so far have been to an item that had dairy and egg). I hope he doesn&#8217;t thought because the Zyrtec spilled yesterday I feel like i&#8217;n Playing with fire.

Purple i&#8217;m Not sure I see it but it is a bit blurry on my screen fxed!!!

Thx Dobb I could be crazy lol wouldn't be the first time something is in my mind :) but hopefully of it is tomorrow will show progression!

Nyx lovely blob! Take my word for it and don't get to crazy with the doppler :p i went nuts trying to find hb once with no luck and was terrified! All was obviously fine though.

Omg y'all disc golfing pregnant is not nearly as fun! I'm in a tournament next week too :( this will be interesting...

Purple it's basically throwing a disc (like a smaller frisbee) into a metal basket. There is a fairway like golf (but it can go through woods, over ponds, in a field, etc) and like golf you want to make it in the "hole" in the least amount of throws.

Dobs regarding this baby's sex, i trust the dr as he said he is 99% certain and his tech said he is extremely good at predicting sex. So I will take his word for it. honestly if this happens to be the unlikely team pink, I will probably move forward and buy some cute pink things but there are really no big ticket girl specific items i need. Honestly clothes are it, and maybe a baby blanket.

Kit wow it's crazy how similar they look!!! Thanks for sharing that. I still think boy but we'll see!

Ahhh less than 24 hours! It's been fun having the secret of the reveal. There is going to be one person at the party who knows and a couple people that can't make it face-timing. Otherwise no one has any idea which is great, no gender reveal specified party with everyone bugging me about a preference!

Nyx lovely blob! Take my word for it and don't get to crazy with the doppler :p i went nuts trying to find hb once with no luck and was terrified! All was obviously fine though.

Omg y'all disc golfing pregnant is not nearly as fun! I'm in a tournament next week too :( this will be interesting...

Purple it's basically throwing a disc (like a smaller frisbee) into a metal basket. There is a fairway like golf (but it can go through woods, over ponds, in a field, etc) and like golf you want to make it in the "hole" in the least amount of throws.

Dobs regarding this baby's sex, i trust the dr as he said he is 99% certain and his tech said he is extremely good at predicting sex. So I will take his word for it. honestly if this happens to be the unlikely team pink, I will probably move forward and buy some cute pink things but there are really no big ticket girl specific items i need. Honestly clothes are it, and maybe a baby blanket.

Kit wow it's crazy how similar they look!!! Thanks for sharing that. I still think boy but we'll see!

Ahhh less than 24 hours! It's been fun having the secret of the reveal. There is going to be one person at the party who knows and a couple people that can't make it face-timing. Otherwise no one has any idea which is great, no gender reveal specified party with everyone bugging me about a preference!

I used it with my son as well. I treat it like a scavenger hunt lol if I find it yayy!!! If not then I’ll get you next time. Like this morning I found it it tried to find it again for hubby and couldn’t, but wasn’t worried. Tried about 2 hrs later and there it was.

I feel bad for my friend as her mw found hb & her 12wk scan was perfectly fine, her dates were put forward by like 6 days do she should be finding it but she cant, unless baby typically seems to be laying very low or she is finding it very slightly but not clearly on the Doppler & she doesn&#8217;t realise thats it? Shes just 15wks now & shes had an odd couple of pops here n there so i bet its all fine :) just think back in the day there was no technology & had to just wait & trust our bodies eeek oh the stress of it lol

Purple hm I don&#8217;t see anything but it&#8217;s still early and if you see it I could just be blind lol

Dobs oof I hope he doesn&#8217;t have an allergic reaction to the mac n cheese

Nyx I can&#8217;t remember if I commented on your ultrasound. I probably didn&#8217;t. So, congrats, adorable blob!

Gigs can&#8217;t wait to hear the news tomorrow!

Regarding the scrubs, I think my college has a partnership with the local business, they do uniforms for a bunch of surrounding private schools etc. Our scrubs and lab coat etc get embroidered with our school&#8217;s name. The scrubs are royal blue, so similar to Purple&#8217;s school&#8217;s. If I lived closer to my college it wouldn&#8217;t be such a long drive of course. Meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->