General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Gigs true true eee exciting. Sorry disc golf was not up to expectations today

Purple lol you are in good company cuz I see stuff all the time. Excited to see your test tom

Shae thx so far no reaction. He has his one year appt on Monday so gonna talk to doctor about cow’s milk because tbh this whole $30 a week on formula compared to like $10 for milk lol

Dobs, do you suspect all dairy products or just milk? You could also try goats milk if cow's milk is a no go. You do have options ;)
Reason I am asking is that some processes to create dairy products such as cheese and Joghurt Change the proteins that upset stomachs. We do have food nut and shellfish allergies in the family, L has eczema and we also do have asthma with his dad. Everything pointed towards "L is going to have allergies". Our doctor just assured is it doesn't guarantee anything and to just watch for the signs and have a bottle of allergy meds in the bathroom for any high risk stuff. So far so good. L has actually outgrown an allergy he used to have to moms dog. He used to break out in itchy hives when she licked him and it is no longer the case. Even his eczema had become almost gone.

Shae- that makes sense why you have to drive so far for your scrubs. Hopefully it's a fast trip.

Dobs- glad there's no reaction yet. I've never met anyone with an egg allergy. Interesting.

Gigs- I'm soooo excited to see what you're having. I'm staying team girl.

They say Eczema & Asthma alot of thr time do tend to go hand in hand together but sometimes not.. hooefully L wont get the Asthma Pacific

I hear u on the Cows milk/Formula thing Dovs, so glad A didnt have a reaction! Formula is bloomin expensive esp when they’re very little! Cows milk as hes over 1 now should be fine, if your worried about any allergy reaction gradually intergrate the Cows milk with formula (2/3 ounces Cows & the remaing Formula & see how he gets on, ive been adv to try semi-skimmed milk instead if full fat with Nuala as it can be abit harsh on their tummy, fx it wobt make her constipated!

Todays the day Gigs ahhhhhhhh!!! What time are people coming a over? So excited for you guys!! Still think u should get a gender scan booked if MIL wants to pay though lol!

Hmmm Purples i kinda see something & i dont haha.. fx today you get a clearer something! Are u using a Frer today?

Im having a mini lay in, cuppa in bed with some biscuits, kids watching The Incredibles on tele in the lounge, ahhh :)

Gah my hormones are all over the place! I just cried at the postcode lottery advert :rofl:

Good luck gigs!!! Let us know how it goes!!

CB I’m jealous of your lie in, eves was up at 8.30 and hubbies working! I was so nauseous last night as well I couldn’t sleep until 2 :brat:

Oh no kit :( i'm with you though, headache last night tylenol didn't touch and woken up feeling very nauseated as well :( I seriously feel hung over! Really hope it goes away before the party :sick: uggghhhh i feel horrid.

Party starts at noon. Not sure what time we'll open gifts but i am so nervous! I hate setting up surprises as the anticipation makes me so nervous!

Dobs i'm got lev on milk, then des started drinking more, then i've been craving it plus eating more cereal, and hubs started having it more...in the end we end up going through like 3 gallons a week, and it's organic so $6-7/gal!!! And it's STILL cheaper than that damn expensive formula for one baby!!! Glad you'll be off it soon.

Ugh off to try more tylenol and to settle my nausea.

Yay giggs today is the day!! Sorry about your headache hope it's gone before noon! (Tension headache from anticipation ;) ) jk

Shae that makes sense if they come embroidered ours were not that fancy lol

CB I don't have a frer but we are going out today I will have to pick one up I have a digi but don't want to use it too soon it's the one that counts the weeks...

I'm still laying in bed procrastinating and I'm afraid of a bfn today lol this while ttw plays with the emotions that's for sure..

Ah Kit & Gigs sorry nausea is awful atm :( big hugs ladies!

Kit my lay in didnt last long, Nuala strolled in like minutes after my post shouting “Fooood” haha! I ended up getting up & doing the Kids brekkie & then cleaning upstairs! I cry at everything aswell, having babies & then being pg again just ruins your emotions Lol

Looking forward to birthday reveal update hehe! GL gigs :hugs: hope hubby enjoys his birthday.

Ooh yes grab a Frer if u can Purple :)

If any uk mummas want a Bargain, i was in ‘The Range’ yesterday & they sell CB Digi’s wks indicator, 1 packs for £7!! Bargain!! They like £10-11 in a chemist!!

Cb, ashma, allergies and eczema are all related. I have been told to imagine them in a triangle where kids will have 2 out of the 3 in any combination. Since L had/ has eczema and allergies I am hoping we get to stay clear of asthma. His dad got his asthma diagnosis at 6 months old. L will be 2 in November and hopefully he gets to continue to stay clear of it. I am a believer in dust and dirt and animals being a good thing for their immune systems and we've been able to provide all that for him ;)

Gigs, so excited for you today! I will keep checking for updates!!!

Absolutely Pacific :thumbup: & i bet L skips the Asthma.. my SO had real sneezy allergies to cat fur, we ended up getting 2 kittens back 9/10yrs ago & now his allergies all are gone!

Eee awaiting an update from Gigs

I probably won't be able to update for a couple hours. Just breaking down before the party then will be preoccupied with friends and fam until late today I'm sure.

Heck yeah pl all the dirt is good for kiddos, I definitely agree!

Purp i hope to see a test update next time i'm online ;)

Dang cb your tests there are so pricey! I think you can get a 2 pack of digis for around $12 here. You definitely can get a 3 pack of frer for that much at walmart.

Pl sorry missed the post about asthma. Fxed he doesn’t have it. I definitely agree with dust and dirt and animals, but I have seen how my cat just wrecked my brother’s immune system. He had asthma and pneumonia twice in one month, was never good at sports because he couldn’t catch his breath. Always getting sick. Then they deep cleaned the house and I took my cat to college and immediate difference. But I feel that’s the one off not the norm

Gigs cannot wait for the update. I’m guessing blue but idk I can’t commit 100% girl is nagging at me in the back of my mind

Purple was hoping to see a tear lol but I hear you. Hopefully you can snag some frers

Cb sorry your lay in wasn’t too long. And I cry too now at all these dumb movies that never made me cry before

I forgot who asked. His two big reactions were just from eating a nip/rubbing contaminated hands on his face. It was scrambled eggs and then cookie dough ice cream (I forgot about the egg in cookie dough) and he was stealing licks when I wasn’t looking lol. He did get bad tummy troubles after baby yogurt though. But he’s had a few items with dairy and his cupcake had egg so I think it’s just egg protein. Doc said they usually outgrow it at some point. I just have to be careful to not use the white and to thoroughly cook/bake anything with egg in it. I may start adding milk into his formula but that means going to the store lol and if I go to the store i’ll Buy cupcakes

Alright, I'm not going back from my last post cause you guys have been chatty since then. I have read though, but been a busy weekend.

Shae stinks about the drive but makes sense since it's in contract with your school which is a bit farther. We just had to buy white scrubs and a patch with our school name and program had to be on our left arm of fabric.

I like the lightweight littman persomally. I buy them off amazon. Word of the wise don't leave tgem hanging around inside mirror of your car. The temperature extremes will mess with the materials and I had one snap in half from that.

Nyx congrats on the scan!!

Hope you get a boy result, but if not you should have time to adjust to having a girl. I wouldn't trade my girl, but I also don't want ALL girls.

Purple I'm not seeing anything yet. Fx it shows a bfp soon.

I never had line eye when ttc#1 but I developed it ttc#2. It really stinks. Hope it's not line eye!!

Are you testing today?? Oh wait I see you are unsure. Well I will say wait if you want, it gives hcg more time to build up.

Dobby glad he didn't have a reaction. I'm hoping V escapes them. I think I'm allergic to wheat as I get sinus drainage and have to clear my throat a lot after eating any bread products.

Oh and yes formula is sooooo expensive. I was paying a little over $200 a month at one point. $40 a month is much nicer!

Gigs sorry disc golfing wasn't as fun. I hope you enjoy the tournament next week.

Excited to hear the results of today. I completely understand having to wait til later to find out, but we mist find out today :haha:

Sorry you feel bad today. I felt pretty rough yesterday, but feel much better today. I slept about 10 to11 hours though :rofl:

CB sorry your friend is having trouble. I'm not sure I'll even try mine until after 1st tri. I did find a medical grade one at work Friday so I am a bit tempted to try around 10 weeks.

Sorry your lie in didn't last long. Hope you can sneak some time in later today.

Kitty I cry at things I wouldn't normally cry about too. I cried when Lady was killed in GoT not that long ago. To cry from a show or movie is a big thing for me.

Our reveal went well yesterday. My mom noticed the onesie when V walked in the room. DH got 2 "was it planned?" questions :haha: it's not that early, but it doesn't hurt my feelings.

They are all happy to be grandparents again.

We'd went to a local comic convention earlier yesterday. It was pretty cool. I enjoyed looking at all the cosplay and artwork. It is motivating me some to try to pick drawing back up. We shall see.

Fluek I didnt realize our due dates were so close together. Pregnancy brain at its finest lol

Nyx my due date was moved up 3 days. I was going by O date and ob gyn is using lmp snce it was inly 3 days difference. Kitty is due a day after but I suspect late January or early February since it's twins. Lots of babies starting in December though:)

Thanks greenie :)

Well...it's got a penis!

No surprises there. But man I'm really sad to possibly never have the mother/daughter relationship. I'm still at the birthday party, will come back with deets later.

Gigs I'm sorry you are feeling disappointed. :hugs: I'm really hoping for a boy this time as I'd love to have a momma's boy. I will definitely feel a bit sad if it's a girl.

You mentioned before about having 4 so it's not outside the realm of possibilities that you could have a girl next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->